Thread: Essential Guide to Betas

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Essential Guide to Betas

I was doing some translations of the quadra breakdowns, and then I got to Beta and did some thinking. I feel that the Beta Quadra is the most unique quadra and I think the dissection of this noble beast should be shared with all of you.

Beta
    Valued Elements

Ti blocked with Se

Beta quadra types prefer situations where the power structure and hierarchy is clearly defined according to consistent rules where ambiguities are minimized. Beta quadra types are more confident analysing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects, rather than alternative and could-it-be scenarios. Beta quadra types are inclined to attribute to a new acquaintance traits that they have previously observed in other individuals belonging to the same group as they see the new acquaintance as belonging to (Aristocracy). Beta quadra types are inclined to look for general rules explaining people, politics, mechanisms and trends, rules that once defined can be applied generally, rather than go about things in a case-by-case way. Beta quadra types are energized by competitive situations where analytical tactics are emphasized.

-Beta types like being part of an exploitative hierarchy where complex information and situations are obfuscated and made extremely simple in order to reduce dissent.
    -Beta types see only what's right in front of them, through an ideological and racist lens provided to them by aforementioned hierarchy.
    -Beta types are interested in looking for extremely simplistic caricatures of reality to memorize and parrot whenever someone shows them an exception.
    -Betas like to fuck other people over as hard as they possibly can.

Fe blocked with Ni

Beta types tend to enjoy group activities where the whole group participates in generating a common emotional atmosphere, as in laughing at jokes, etc. Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion. Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people. Beta types tend to describe personal views of special meaning with "poetic" or "dramatic" expressions and language. Beta types are often deeply concerned about social issues and the direction the world is heading. They believe that apathy is a significant cause of societal problems, and work to fight against it.

-Betas like everybody to be doing the same thing with a smile on their face, even if the discussion is unrealistic and idiotic.
    -Betas like to be held by the throat and are easily fooled by enthuastic people.
    -Betas think that other people are just as easily fooled, and when they show that they are not, begin to yell and get angry.
    -Betas overvalue their own opinions and like to pretend that they are special and mystical, when all they are saying are vapid platitudes.
    -Betas think that if you're indifferent, something is wrong with you, and you always have to be angry about something somebody fooled you into believing last week.

Subdued Elements

The subdued IM elements of the Beta Quadra are Fi, Ne, Te, and Si. These elements reflect aspects of reality which Beta Quadra types prefer to keep to themselves and not discuss openly.

Fi blocked with Ne

Beta types are not inclined to enjoy discussions of personal experiences when the focus is on a person's own inner feelings, especially when described in a subdued way. Beta types tend to be skeptical of another individual's potential for personal growth in terms of abilities and character, and dislike being the subject of such a discussion by others about themselves.

-Beta types are obsessed with calling sensitive people penis-sucking fags.
    -Beta types are stupid and hate being reminded of this, so they direct their frustration at those with actual potential.

Te blocked with Si

Beta types tend to look down on nuts-and-bolts, detailed work as a source of success, preferring to focus on "vision" and leadership. Beta types don't so much enjoy relaxed personal activities as they do competitive group activities.

-Betas like to take advantage of slave labor and are easily led to do extremely destructive things by people they are impressed by.
    Last edited by ouronis; 02-16-2015 at 12:59 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the translation

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally not bad especially this:

Betas like to be held by the throat and are easily fooled by enthuastic people.
    -Betas think that other people are just as easily fooled, and when they show that they are not, begin to yell and get angry.
    -Betas overvalue their own opinions and like to pretend that they are special and mystical, when all they are saying are vapid platitude

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This had to be written by a Beta.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This had to be written by a Beta.
    I don't think so but I'm always open to new evidence.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I don't think so but I'm always open to new evidence.
    Might take some research. (Betas are lazy)

But I may be able to recall some memorable talking points that could correlate.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's all true

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)