Thread: How has socionics wrecked your life?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How has socionics wrecked your life?

I don't think in terms of people being humans anymore. Just big walking demonstrators of functions.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has you

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I took physics, I saw walking people and moving objects as vectors, but I wouldn't say physics wrecked my life noticing that that happened to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that way up until about Winter 2007, when I spent a long period of time away from the forum. People are now people to me once again. Thank goodness for that.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a big time waster, frankly. Which hasn't stopped me from reading and posting to the forum. The 2-3 hours I've been spending on here per day on average could be going to more productive or healthy activities like job hunting or exercising or even sleeping.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I don't think in terms of people being humans anymore. Just big walking demonstrators of functions.

Yep.

Well it ruined my life a bit, but even if socionics is utter bunk, I ended learning a shitload about general psychology, celebrities, myself, and some other neat shit, so its not a total waste.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not fucked a couple of good looking women while waiting for a dual date.

Though I've learned my lesson and have returned to my normal state of an ALL-Fucker.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics never harmed me, though I significantly lowered my quality of life via Socionics and this community for a couple of years.

I do think that focusing too much on Socionics can dehumanize interactions if you're mostly just trying to analyze people instead of really giving them you're attention. Too much of that can make everything seem less real, and thus make one feel less alive.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I suppose in a very real way it hasn't changed anything, only caused me think about it more! Which is very bad for an IEI!
    Too much would probably bad for anyone?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As a whole socionics has made my life better.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy!!! So nice to see you!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

Socionics for me, is I think mostly a vehicle to explore myself, to learn about me by using it as a medium.

In terms of real life, I currently don't use it that much, if I do it's just as a guide or a 'warning', an amber light not a red light as such, when dealing with some people who I think I may not gel with greatly, and getting on with them may matter in some context, like work relations. Sometimes as an experiment in a positive fashion, although loosely.

It can be useful for me to explain some one on one or bigger interaction, using it's language and interpreting it to real life. Maybe that is just a way to help my reasoning, again as this 'mysterious' vehicle.

In terms of the forum, I suppose I find a lot of the forum as a use of intellectual pursuit. Talking about such things as, "That was Ti mixed with unconcious Te" doesn't always have as much use to me in the immediate real life. I guess it's an avenue for me to be theoretical sometimes.

Intertype relations are a sort of guide. Sometimes they yield well, sometimes it's foggy. It's a string to ones bow imo to be aware of, maybe not much more.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 07-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has lulled me into a false sense of security in that I think I can "design" the perfect relationship that will bring me eternal happiness. But then again, if I'm aware of the habits I get into, I can get myself out of them, so it really hasn't ruined my life.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Joy!!! So nice to see you!
    (:

Socionics has helped me because I'm now much more aware that not everyone thinks that what I see as "the point" as the most important aspect of a situation.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    (:

Socionics has helped me because I'm now much more aware that not everyone thinks that what I see as "the point" as the most important aspect of a situation.
    Aw, this was supposed to be a negative thread. The LIIs got it right.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you got to say now?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's that bright yellow thing you're sporting? Haven't they taught you how to paddle yet?

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics hasn't ruined anything for me, it's only organized what I'm already aware of. Though, now I'm just so quick to recognize what I'm thinking or seeing, I constantly see it everywhere. It's like being let in on a secret and you can't see things the same anymore. Sorta. Socionics itself is a nice distraction and something to tinker on in spare time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Socionics hasn't ruined anything for me, it's only organized what I'm already aware of. Though, now I'm just so quick to recognize what I'm thinking or seeing, I constantly see it everywhere. It's like being let in on a secret and you can't see things the same anymore. Sorta. Socionics itself is a nice distraction and something to tinker on in spare time.
    exactly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Socionics has not wrecked my life. How would it do that? My interest in socionics was predated by a general interest in psychology, which also did not ruin my life. I will likely become interested in other things in the future, which are also unlikely to ruin my life.

The internet, however...

(Place blame where blame is deserved.)
    Exactly. It's the internet. Wow the life I could be leading if only! It's an abusive partner.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I thought that way up until about Winter 2007, when I spent a long period of time away from the forum. People are now people to me once again. Thank goodness for that.
    I can't find the quote anymore, but this made me think of it, so I'll ply my wretchedly paraphrasing hand at it ...

"Before Zen, the mountains were mountains and the forest was the forest. During Zen, the mountains were the bones of my ancestors, and the forest full of their spirits. After Zen, the mountains are mountains, and the forest is a forest."
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    hurray!
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I can't find the quote anymore, but this made me think of it, so I'll ply my wretchedly paraphrasing hand at it ...

"Before Zen, the mountains were mountains and the forest was the forest. During Zen, the mountains were the bones of my ancestors, and the forest full of their spirits. After Zen, the mountains are mountains, and the forest is a forest."
    That's actually an awesome quote. I've never heard it before. Maybe my experience with Socionics has made me realize what a gift it is to see people as people.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ruined my life cause I spend the majority of my free time on this damn website! I suspect this will actually cease to happen once summer ends though and more interesting opportunities present themselves.
    Easy Day

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it made me destroy and then rebuild my identity. i went through a period of stagnation, and now im into a period of creativity.. which i dont think will end. the rebuilding started as i was finding my way out of socionics. nowdays i can render the theory useless, as well as many judgments i used to hold onto in everyday life. any new judgment which comes along which i may be otherwise tempted to hold onto i have an easy time rendering meaningless. i can also dissect and discard other peoples personal beliefs / hangups fairly easily. i feel freed from myself nowdays