Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have a VI. Care to type me? Take a stab, its just info for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have a VI. Care to type me? Take a stab, its just info for me.

I would like to be typed by people who know something about this socionics business. I know next to nothing about socionics, but I know MBTI and a bit of Jungian.

So don't be shy, give it a try.

http://youtu.be/gUANbHUgl5w

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) SEI, ISFp ?
    2.) IEI, INFp ?
    3.) SLI, ISTp ?
    3.) LII, INTj ? (vague impression)
    4.) EII, INFj ? (possible)

What's with the whole social network thing then talking about orgies? Weird.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dude, you look like Immanuel Kant.

type: LII, SLI, or SEI.

what do you write, can you show?

sp instinct

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

First impression is SLI.

Watching your video was like watching my brother in-law. You look a lot like him and you have a laid back quality but I am going with overall vibe and not just your look.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post

What's with the whole social network thing then talking about orgies? Weird.
    That was one of the things he said that made me think of my brother in-law too. He makes a lot of those jokes as well so it didn't seem odd or anything to me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics Ip temperament and classically an introvert I would reckon.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here is what I wrote today...

We meet, shake hands, something isn't right. This somebody thinks they're a somebody who isn't going to stand by me. I try to shake off this feeling, but the feeling seems to be lingering. I know what I'll do, I've planned for these times. It is the pretend they are the wind blowing which sound the violent chimes.
    Standing at the edge of freedom, what would the best way to overcome this coming undone; insane at the edge of reason.
    I'm feeling like I'm cool, ya feeling like I don't care. Don't care about your prophesy watch me do this cold ass stair. The stairs are underneath, ya, my level now get ready for this disrepair I'll rock ya till your mind gets silly.
    In this point and time when all words offend, I ask myself this question, do I try and turn back the clock for and answer to amend or push it forward through time escalating it to the bitter end? The answer is to ignore, separate you as a friend, compartmentalize this feeling so that laterI will send you 6 feet under. I'll put you back were your beginning has an end.

wow i get the feeling that everything about you is sharp and chiseled. i love the pastor-ska-dietrich thing you have going on and your hair *will order those directions hair dye things once she goes home*

haha on 1:10 you said stuff in goldmember accent

a bit wayne goss too?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ixxp. >. IEI. Welcome!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'll rock ya till your mind gets silly". Great line.

I'm thinking IEI and as a second typing for now SLI. Just analyzing what you write about and the free flowing style sounds introverted intuition with some extroverted sensing here and there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of SLI. I don't have a clue what that means. So SLI stands for what exactly? In MBTI terms what would it stand for?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensing logical introvert. "Gabin"

http://www.wikisocion.net

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should say I've never felt like I was an SJ at all. I don't care much for social norms, tradition and my memory is pretty much terribad. But if that's what people see in me... *shrug*

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Ixxp. >. IEI. Welcome!
    Prose and poetry does not make an IEI. First thing he talks about, in the video, is his morning routine and what he does or doesn't put into his body. Not a lot of Fe. He seems pretty steady throughout. SLI can be very creative through art and poetry. Make your case for IEI?

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^What you just wrote sounds pretty SLI to me. They are called the "individualist".

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My first thought was SLI. The only other thing I could see is ILI. I don't see any trace of Fe

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    I should say I've never felt like I was an SJ at all. I don't care much for social norms, tradition and my memory is pretty much terribad. But if that's what people see in me... *shrug*
    I suggest you look at the individual functions and the dichotomies and not just type descriptions. Descriptions are just examples but probably shouldn't be relied upon to type yourself. Welcome to the forum.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Forget MBTI.

Attachment 5040
    I thought this pic pretty funny honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    My first thought was SLI. The only other thing I could see is ILI. I don't see any trace of Fe
    Dis be true yo. No trace of Fe in me at all. I don't give two shits about the greater good if you know what I'm saying.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I thought you might see SLI too. Not sure if you remember but I sent you a pic of my bro-in-law and you immediately thought he looked SLI. I might share his pic with others but only in pm. hahah

I have settled on SLI for him since then. No other type really seemed to fit his overall vibe.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, cognitive function wise, what would SLI entail exactly? and I know there is some number-letter thing, but I don't know what that's all about either.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or ILI could it be.
    You talk a lot about your routine so you may have confused people with lots of Si information.
    Do you test INFJ in MBTI?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dis be true yo. No trace of Fe in me at all. I don't give two shits about the greater good if you know what I'm saying.
    Fe isn't really about greater good, but good to know anyway : ). I've watched the whole video now and you still seem very SLI. I'm confused: you score INFJ in MBTI?

Aylen yes, I remember your brother : ). And I agree about the OP. I was thinking could it be that some kind of EII could also have a similar vibe by any chance?
    @Aylen lmao, sorry for saying your brother. Quick typing
    Last edited by darya; 02-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IN MBTI I "test" INTP. I have taken one socionics test and it told me I am INFj-3Ne or some shit. I identify more as a feeler as of late. I should mention that that whole video was scripted. I tried to talk about my routine on purpose because all this typing stuff relies on behaviors. I didn't want to run out of things to say which is why I chose to read my notes while I was doing the video. I wouldn't normally talk about my routine if I was to have a conversation with someone, but I thought it appropriate to do so for this typing thing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

So, cognitive function wise, what would SLI entail exactly? and I know there is some number-letter thing, but I don't know what that's all about either.
    This is what I see in your writing.
    Introverted Sensing deals primarily with recalling facts and details of past events. The Si user has a great memory and is able to recall experiences from the past with great accuracy. The Si user believes the past is a very good indicator of future events and uses it as a guideline when making decisions.
    A problem that can occur with Introverted Sensing is that if it is relied upon to heavily, the person may never have new life experiences. They may just continue doing what they have always done. Without new experiences, how does the Si user know whether or not there is something out there that is more enjoyable?
    QuickTwist
    Well here is what I wrote today...

We meet, shake hands, something isn't right. This somebody thinks they're a somebody who isn't going to stand by me. I try to shake off this feeling, but the feeling seems to be lingering. I know what I'll do, I've planned for these times. It is the pretend they are the wind blowing which sound the violent chimes.
    Standing at the edge of freedom, what would the best way to overcome this coming undone; insane at the edge of reason.
    I'm feeling like I'm cool, ya feeling like I don't care. Don't care about your prophesy watch me do this cold ass stair. The stairs are underneath, ya, my level now get ready for this disrepair I'll rock ya till your mind gets silly.
    In this point and time when all words offend, I ask myself this question, do I try and turn back the clock for and answer to amend or push it forward through time escalating it to the bitter end? The answer is to ignore, separate you as a friend, compartmentalize this feeling so that laterI will send you 6 feet under. I'll put you back were your beginning has an end.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen: yes, I remember your brother : ). And I agree about the OP. I was thinking could it be that some kind of EII could also have a similar vibe by any chance?
    Yes they do, that's partly why I made that guess. Think of EII like Mia Wasikowska.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This is what I see in your writing.
    I'm not really drawing from past events in that story/song/poem. Its completely made up. I just thought it would be some cool shit to say...

I will say that I took some elements from other sources/songs and incorporated some notable, to me, lyrics or parts of lyrics (just some words in some cases) that I thought would fit the overall theme to the song. IDK though, I never really thought of myself as have a decent Si... *Shrug* I can try to roll with it though.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IN MBTI I "test" INTP. I have taken one socionics test and it told me I am INFj-3Ne or some shit. I identify more as a feeler as of late. I should mention that that whole video was scripted. I tried to talk about my routine on purpose because all this typing stuff relies on behaviors. I didn't want to run out of things to say which is why I chose to read my notes while I was doing the video. I wouldn't normally talk about my routine if I was to have a conversation with someone, but I thought it appropriate to do so for this typing thing.
    Lot's of people here can read between the lines and tell that some of your video was scripted. That's actually a good thing to do I think cause it makes what you want to say more concise and to the point. Also, your bit you wrote and posted sounds a little scripted (forced?) as well to make it sound like something an IEI might say.

Its a toss up between SLI and IEI for me. (MAybe even ESI) If you're up to it maybe you could post another video?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'll do another video, unscripted this time.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'm not really drawing from past events in that story/song/poem. Its completely made up. I just thought it would be some cool shit to say...
    Most writing is just made up. Where does it come from though? What did you draw on? Not sure if I can even phrase my question right. I took a lot of creative writing courses when I was in school. I was good at it at one time but not so much anymore. I am looking for depth of feeling or something. How did it feel to write that? You don't have to answer. I am just doing my analyzing thing. I don't feel the Ni in that particular piece but that doesn't mean you don't use it. I have no way to know how you process. ILI could be your type. Like others said it will come out over time. I probably read more into your poetry than you might have meant but that's good. Poetry inspires me to look for the meaning underlying the words. When I write it's like I am in a weird trance until I get it all out of my system. I block everything else out.

Edit: I missed your edit. Thanks for explaining. You were drawing on familiar things to make something of your own. I do that too sometimes but more in an association way. Not so much when I write what is going on in the realm of imagination.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here be the new video. view it, analyze it, do ya thing.

http://youtu.be/Zl9nycajUho

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool video dude, welcome to the forum.

MBTI is a good place to start, really though, I doubt you will find many fans of it in this place. The issues with MBTI are many, such as its typologies insistence on introversion and extroversion and rationality and irrationality (ie: J/P switch). The ISTJ in MBTI very loosely correlates to ISTp in socionics, but its not that simple. The nice thing about socionics over MBTI is that socionics way more variety, dichotomies, levels of sophistication. In MBTI is like a two dimensional picture of a persons psych. In socionics you've got 3 dimensions

In socionics, you seem like a base Si/Te individual. Keep in mind that those information elements are defined very differently in socionics then MBTI.

I know it doesn't seem like you are an introverted sensor, but I would say you are a pretty clear SLI.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I will say that I took some elements from other sources/songs and incorporated some notable, to me, lyrics or parts of lyrics (just some words in some cases) that I thought would fit the overall theme to the song. IDK though, I never really thought of myself as have a decent Si... *Shrug* I can try to roll with it though.
    This is drawing on past events, what is already known and how they make you think or feel. Can you write something that comes more from a purely intuitive perspective? For comparison.

I guess the way you start off conjures Si feelings in me. Like it kicked in my role. Reminded me what a handshake feels like (but I can't quite recall it with a physical sensation which I found strange). I can relate to a lingering feeling about a situation and what is happening in the body but not for very long. I got lost somewhere on the journey and my mind was trying to reconcile the whole scenario and how it all fit together.
    I just read in your intro thread that people shouldn't read deeper meaning into something you said. Don't tell that to my Ni. [misread what you wrote, sorry] How do you feel you get most of your information from people? Are you meaning in an intuitive, feeling, observing, or sensing way? Do you feel you express yourself on a shallow level (not saying this is bad and maybe objective is the word I am looking for) much of the time and that is why people shouldn't read into what you say? Or do you mean when you are just playing around with friends and are trying to be witty or funny and it is an in the moment expression used to affect emotion? I am not sure why I am spending so much time on this except that I am currently analyzing myself and I am looking for meaning and reflections "outside" since I am feeling pretty disconnected right now but not from my thought process just other people's.. I am looking for a bridge. :/

I rarely get the warm fuzzies, but enjoy intimacy from many perspectives, but not so much physical. Basically I like being appreciated, but don't like it to be sugar coated.

I am aware of the Cognitive Functions, and have a basic understanding of their properties.

I am not much of a reader, unless we are talking about people, where I get most of my information.

I am as much of a social retard as I am an honest person, so if I say something that looks really weird, it proly is, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't look for a deeper meaning somewhere in what was said.

I am as much of a intuitive thinker as I am disconnected from my own thought process. I can get an intuitive grasp of something and spin it around and say it to be taken just as intuitive to grasp itself.

Edit: I am so slow today that I missed the new video where I might find all the answers to my questions.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI is a good place to start, really though, I doubt you will find many fans of it in this place. The issues with MBTI are many, such as its typologies insistence on introversion and extroversion and rationality and irrationality (ie: J/P switch). The ISTJ in MBTI very loosely correlates to ISTp in socionics, but its not that simple. The nice thing about socionics over MBTI is that socionics way more variety, dichotomies, levels of sophistication. In MBTI is like a two dimensional picture of a persons psych. In socionics you've got 3 dimensions

In socionics, you seem like a base Si/Te individual. Keep in mind that those information elements are defined very differently in socionics then MBTI.

I know it doesn't seem like you are an introverted sensor, but I would say you are a pretty clear SLI.
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I can see the Si/Te thing. I assume you're talking about how I use my Te (structure the world from my point of view?) to get my Si across (using my memory as a vehicle to draw from?). I know a lil bit of Jungian and that is how I understand these CF to function in this context. If I'm wrong, don't be shy in trying to straighten it out for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is drawing on past events, what is already known and how they make you think or feel. Can you write something that comes more from a purely intuitive perspective? For comparison.

I guess the way you start off conjures Si feelings in me. Like it kicked in my role. Reminded me what a handshake feels like (but I can't quite recall it with a physical sensation which I found strange). I can relate to a lingering feeling about a situation and what is happening in the body but not for very long. I got lost somewhere on the journey and my mind was trying to reconcile the whole scenario and how it all fit together.

I just read in your intro thread that people shouldn't read deeper meaning into something you said. Don't tell that to my Ni. How do you feel you get most of your information from people? Are you meaning in an intuitive, feeling, observing, or sensing way? Do you feel you express yourself on a shallow level (not saying this is bad and maybe objective is the word I am looking for) much of the time and that is why people shouldn't read into what you say? Or do you mean when you are just playing around with friends and are trying to be witty or funny and it is an in the moment expression used to affect emotion? I am not sure why I am spending so much time on this except that I am currently analyzing myself and I am looking for meaning and reflections "outside" since I am feeling pretty disconnected right now but not from my thought process just other people's.. I am looking for a bridge. :/

I rarely get the warm fuzzies, but enjoy intimacy from many perspectives, but not so much physical. Basically I like being appreciated, but don't like it to be sugar coated.

I am aware of the Cognitive Functions, and have a basic understanding of their properties.

I am not much of a reader, unless we are talking about people, where I get most of my information.

I am as much of a social retard as I am an honest person, so if I say something that looks really weird, it proly is, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't look for a deeper meaning somewhere in what was said.

I am as much of a intuitive thinker as I am disconnected from my own thought process. I can get an intuitive grasp of something and spin it around and say it to be taken just as intuitive to grasp itself.

Edit: I am so slow today that I missed the new video where I might find all the answers to my questions.
    I'll just say the things in bold are what you should pay attention to. Its a double negative which means you should read into what I say because there is often more to what I am saying than what meets the eye.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I watched 30 seconds and same conclusion. Not like my opinion wasn't already biased or anything.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straighten...... what..... out?

In socionics there are 8 "places" that information elements fit into. In MBTI there are only four, and they are weakly described.

So for SLI, Te, or logics of actions (not structured from your point of view, this is outside logic) is their creative function, but still a part of their main ego. Check out the wiki to read up about the information elements.

When Te is the second function:
    It is manifested as a preference for factual accuracy over ideological consistency, and for objective, "harsh" communication over careful words that avoid a negative atmosphere. A view of the external environment being efficient, reasonable, and making sense is essential to their well-being and sense of inner peace, but they do not feel a pressing need for being proactive or productive themselves in that area.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'll just say the things in bold are what you should pay attention to. Its a double negative which means you should read into what I say because there is often more to what I am saying than what meets the eye.
    Yeah I corrected that cause I misread. lol Yay, a new possible superego on the forum.

I will try to keep Fe in check, for awhile. Watching your video... I suggest you don't compare yourself to other SLI, if possible. I will direct you to a non-boring SLI in pm. Not all SLI are the same.

Summary of Functions

1. – Principally represented by the sensation of harmony, beauty and health. Everything must be balanced. Knows how to create his own invisible “territory”, is characterized by his perseverance, which sometimes passes into the realm of obstinacy; however is not inclined to aggression.
    2. – Knows how to use improvised material in obtaining practical results. Loves qualitative, scrupulous, and serial operations. Attempts to understand the general similarities in universal laws, to add details in the global scheme.
    3. – Conceals his emotions, fears seeming ridiculous, retains a psychological distance. He seems steady and inert, however, is capable of unexpectedly flaring up if his sense of self-respect is threatened. Considers the observance of traditions and norms of behaviour necessary and useful not due to his internal sensations but due to the pragmatic benefits.
    4. – Finds it difficult to foresee the ripening of various events, is not inclined to fantasies. Does not trust information sources, must check everything himself. Finds it difficult to invent something new – prefers to adapt something already known to his practical needs.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...rong_functions

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Not sure if others will agree with this but Si is similar to intuition in my opinion. I haven't read that much of socionics and I only do to clarify my own ideas and see if they match up. It is one of the inner senses used to decipher the world through a type of feeling but not like emotion. I have no idea how to explain this.

The inner sense
    capacity of the mind to be aware of its own states; consciousness; reflection.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I corrected that cause I misread. lol Yay, a new possible superego on the forum.

I will try to keep Fe in check, for awhile. Watching your video... I suggest you don't compare yourself to other SLI, if possible. I will direct you to a non-boring SLI in pm. Not all SLI are the same.

Summary of Functions

1. – Principally represented by the sensation of harmony, beauty and health. Everything must be balanced. Knows how to create his own invisible “territory”, is characterized by his perseverance, which sometimes passes into the realm of obstinacy; however is not inclined to aggression.
    2. – Knows how to use improvised material in obtaining practical results. Loves qualitative, scrupulous, and serial operations. Attempts to understand the general similarities in universal laws, to add details in the global scheme.
    3. – Conceals his emotions, fears seeming ridiculous, retains a psychological distance. He seems steady and inert, however, is capable of unexpectedly flaring up if his sense of self-respect is threatened. Considers the observance of traditions and norms of behaviour necessary and useful not due to his internal sensations but due to the pragmatic benefits.
    4. – Finds it difficult to foresee the ripening of various events, is not inclined to fantasies. Does not trust information sources, must check everything himself. Finds it difficult to invent something new – prefers to adapt something already known to his practical needs.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...rong_functions
    I would say the link you provided is about 65% accurate of me based on the description.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast