Thread: The Arrow and The Flash

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Arrow and The Flash

I love these shows! I haven't considered the types of some of the earlier Arrow characters until now, and it's been a while since I saw them, so they're not exactly fresh in my mind.

The Flash:
    Barry: EII
    Joe: LSE
    Iris: ESE? (definitely extroverted and ethical)
    Caitlin Snow: rational, probably logical
    Cisco Ramon: ethical, probably extroverted (IEE?)
    Harrison Wells: ILE trying to pose as a Fi type
    Eddie Thawne: probably sensory... not sure beyond that

The Arrow:
    Oliver: SEE
    Laurel: ESI
    Tommy: definitely ethical (probably Fi ego), maybe IEE?
    Digg: LSE
    Thea: EIE? ESE? SEE? open to ideas
    Moira: possibly Beta rational, but I'm at a bit of a loss here, too.
    Quentin Lance: Maybe a Gamma perspective of an LSE?
    Felicity: LIE
    Roy: ethical for sure (the lack of Te is staggering), SEE?
    Slade: idk, probably Beta
    Malcolm Merlyn: EIE

Oliver isn't a stereotypical SEE, but it works for both pre and post-island Oliver. I definitely see the Se, impulsiveness, and Fi > Ti. He also has the Gamma tendency to form snappy harsh judgements and hold a grudge. He's not as bad about refusing to let stuff go as ESIs (like Laurel) though. He usually ends up forgiving his family/friends eventually even if it does take a while and he treats them very harshly in the meantime.

In Summary, I think The Flash is a very Delta show that portrays Gammas as being too harsh/dark, Alphas as lacking ethics, and Deltas as being very reasonable and sane. It's both heavy and "soft" at the same time. The Arrow, by comparison, is a very Gamma show. It's heavy and harsh/dark. It portrays Gammas as the heroes and is unapologetic about the constant displays of Gamma severity. I think some of the main protagonists are Delta, but they're portrayed as bumbling, foolish, or weak. The villains are either greedy Betas, Betas with messed up, extreme ideologies, or unethical and/or insane Alphas.
    Last edited by Joy; 02-09-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe that's why I still can't really bring myself to watch Arrow even though the guy looks a little appealing with his shirt off in the previews. The 'kiss my ass because I'm being real and gritty' thing hollywood does is getting a little old (it's why me and @zap don't like gameoftryhards) I admit but that's more of a general thing in Hollywood, not something I'm necessarily pissed at gammas about.

I'm kind of bored with media in general because it's so fucking predictable. The girl falls for the bad boy, there's this sort of 'dark mysterious hero' that's gritty and mute and doesn't show emotion but everybody loves him. There's the token comic relief person that is the 'heart' of the group or whatever. To be dramatic and interesting, they have to do something over the top like somebody getting murdered or molested. Those things happen yes, but I feel our day to day lives is more interestingly petty. Unfortunately the petty stuff is left with trashy, guilty pleasure reality shows. That aren't really that fun anyway, because the drama isn't real there - it's fabricated. There are shows that aren't about murder or death the problem is they are over the top corny - the opposite problem with the grit.

I really liked the show Desperate Housewives, it was really my style- it had darkness but a little bit sprinkled for the big season finale/mid-season finale episodes; it didn't hit you over the head with a stupid murder every episode like most shows do while the boring objective "heroes" (aka boring FBI agents with madonna complexes) 'stop the killer' all while being an emotionally repressed bitchface. Ugh that's getting old, Americans need to be burned for worshipping that shit so much. It was a show about relationships but more realistically done and with a quirky sense of humor that wasn't too sitcommy (most of the time).

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I agree bnd cliches are overflowing & it annoys me how a of entertainment makers seem to think their customers are complete idiots, e.g. the inclusion of laugh tracks, the dumbing down of art & flavor text in mtg,the general dumbing down of & handholdingness of modern video games... & yeah got is so tryhard, its so freakin obvious. they included all the typical shit they knew would sell.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I dig them. I like the super serious edginess of the Arrow. Only recently started watching the Flash because of this post and it seems a'right. I can sense the quadra differences in the moods of each relationship.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the characters' types?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/