Thread: Potato recipes

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Potato recipes

My friend moved last weekend, giving out stuff that she couldn't bring along with her before her move. Among other things she left me with 3 large bags of potatoes to cook for our friends in her memory. I've cooked potatoes before but with three bags to go through I'm looking to diversify my recipe portfolio. Any flavoring tips and recipes as to how to prepare spectacular potatoes would be appreciated

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the kind of potato can make a difference. Here is an article: http://www.all-about-potatoes.com/ty...-potatoes.html

Wegmans Scalloped Potatoes is one of our favorites that we use at least 2x a year. We use a mandolin slicer for that big 5lb bag of Yukon Golds, so slicing goes fast. I have sliced them myself too. Make sure you slice nice and thin. The potatoes are rich and creamy and taste amazing - its hard to believe there are so few ingredients in this. We like to make it for company and everyone loves it. Great with ham, a good hardy wintertime recipe. Great the 2nd day, too.

This is a new favorite because besides being delicious and healthy its a very easy dish to make: Crash Hot Potatoes. Make sure you use a good extra-virgin Olive oil - it makes a difference in flavor and its health benefits. Use real sea salt too!

Ina's Roasted Garlic Potatoes This is good!

I made this Mashed Potato recipe for company last September to go with a roast, becasue it was a "make-ahead" recipe. Then everyone raved how they were the best mashed potatoes they ever had, so, its how I have made mashed potatoes since. I use plenty of seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and sage. They hold up as leftovers great and always please.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would just eat 2-3 kilos during a whole day prepared as such on my electric grill. Oh perhaps add some vinegar and lettuce on the stuffed plate.

But weeeel ..the ESE gf of my bro prepared a cool salad for X-mas. Smth. with lots of sliced potatoes, chicken, dill pickle (cucumber), and some sort of 'mayo' made of egg yolk&lots of sour cream. All arranged in layers and placed in the oven. Mayo between any 2 layers. Generous parmigiano above the whole thing. Have no recipe, but I for one could approximate smth. tasty.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dice Red potatoes with skin on, steam or boil until soft and tender.

Mash like regular potatoes, substituting butter and milk with chicken stock (Campbells Tetra packs).

Add 100-150 ml of green pesto to the mash potatoes and stir well, should look evenly in texture and colour.

Serve with butter. This stuff is like crack, watch out everyone will want some.
    "Traffic lights and loneliness. Paper cans and tape cassettes. When the world feels like this. Static shocks and bitterness."