Thread: Member Questionnaire (Melody)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Member Questionnaire (Melody)

1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty and love are subjective; beauty and love mean different things to different people. I do not believe there is a textbook definition of love and beauty that everyone can agree on. You have your own subjective viewpoint on what these things are to you, personally. For me, I believe love is a deep, personal and emotional connection with someone which is completely unconditional. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it is what you find aesthetically pleasing.

2. What are your most important values?
    Never taking things at face value; healthy skepticism, open-mindedness, and kindness (to a certain extent, I am not a doormat).

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm agnostic, though I do sometimes find myself arguing for the side of atheism in debates. Nobody knows for certain about what is/isn't out there. I have trouble accepting "blind faith". Also, I do not think I have enough information about religion to make a proper judgment.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I don't have an opinion... There are so many different valid viewpoints. I don't know which I personally agree with.

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I like to debate a lot. The last long conversation I had with someone was debating whether or not experimenting on animals was justified or not. My interests are psychology and neuroscience (I like understanding human behavior), and I also enjoy philosophical discussions.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I am not really focused on my body that much. Just the other day, I was sitting in these chairs at a movie theater that were incredibly uncomfortable, and I didn't even notice until someone else pointed it out. That sounds extreme, but it is true. I feel disconnected from my body a great amount of the time. Detached, if that makes any sense. I will sometimes have a headache and be incredibly confused for few minutes until I realized I have not eaten all day. I'm so in my head or absorbed in what I'm doing, I forget about my body. As for health/medicine... I don't know if I'd be interested in it or not, honestly. I suppose I would be. It would be interesting to learn about different kinds of medicines and how they work; how they affect the body.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    I don't like routine. It bores me, and I don't pay attention to it. Doing the same chore everyday sounds tedious to me.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I like mystery novels a lot; I like predicting the outcomes. I also like science fiction and fantasy. I kind of use it as a form of escapism. I also like reading informational things on various topics of interests.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I have trouble with crying. Sometimes, I really want to cry; as I need the release, but I can not. When I do cry, it happens out of the blue; when I do not want to. On the rare occasion that I do cry, it is often in front of other people, and it embarresses me. I do not know how to control tears. If I feel a wave of tears coming on? It's over. I don't know how to repress it. As for smiling, I smile often when I find something humourous. I like sarcastic, deadpan jokes.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Being around intelligent people who accept me and do not belittle me.

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I struggle with becoming close to people. Whenever someone tries to get closer to me, I can feel intruded upon. I push them away. I am not quite sure why I do this. I suppose it's a defense-mechanism. I dislike my lack of confidence. I have trouble accepting good things about myself.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intelligence, intuition, and empathy. I see things and notice things that other people seem not to notice. I am very observant of what is going on underneath the surface, I suppose.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Getting out of my head and actually doing things instead of thinking about doing them. I seem to live in a fantasy world sometimes.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I am a perfectionist. So, sometimes I avoid doing things if they can not reach my ideals of how it's supposed to be in my mind. Unless something matches my standards, sometimes I won't do it. This causes anxiety.

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I get along with people who are easygoing and don't pry. I can become irritated when people try to get emotional reactions out of me. I just like people who don't try to read my feelings and thoughts. I knew someone who constantly pushed me to open up more, and often complained that I was too difficult to read, and I started to resent them. I get along very well with unassuming people, who still try to get me out of my comfort zone (just in less emotional ways). As in, they initiate conversation and invite me places because I am really bad at that.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I honestly don't care for it. It doesn't interest me.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

People in this world are predominantly bad. I would make sure my child knew that... I would be scared someone would prey on their naive, innocent nature. I often am told I am cynical and too distrusting, but I think I am being realistic. Also, I would make sure they knew they were in a safe place; that they could talk to me about anything. Emotional problems or otherwise. I think that is the issue with a lot of children; they don't have a trusting relationship with their parents.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    If I knew them well, I'd debate them... Explain my reasoning, and hopefully have an interesting discussion. If it is someone I don't know well, I'd probably just ask them why they think what they think, and debate it silently to myself.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Sometimes I feel like an outcast. I cringe when saying that because it makes me sound like I'm trying too hard to be a special snowflake, but I can't seem to relate to most people. I can be quite misanthropic, if you couldn't already tell. I do find people interesting, though. I like studying behavior; understanding why people do what they do, even though I don't like people understanding me... Sometimes, I see everyone as all actors in a play, but I want to know what is really going on underneath the appearances. I see each person as a new puzzle to figure out. There are a lot of prevalent social problems... but one that irritates me the most is the total lack of an open mind. People don't seem to try to understand anyone's viewpoint but their own. I dislike when people insult another's character just because they disagree with them instead of trying to understand.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    The main things I look for are intelligence, humour, maturity, and genuine friendliness. I am a good listener; I listen more than I talk. I like to give advice to friends because I like to feel useful in other people's lives. I can listen to people talk about whatever they want, really, even if I'm not interested in what they are speaking about. I'm patient with people for the most part.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    I am quite polite to them. I always smile at people when making eye contact. I am more polite to strangers than I am to people close to me. I suppose this is normal; to put on a social mask. I do not speak unless being spoken to, but I am a kind person. I think I am probably too formal. Inwardly, I am distrusting and sometimes annoyed, but outwardly, I appear accepting and warm.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi,

Miss . Or what do you say about ??

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of things I noticed:

Negativism
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Never taking things at face value; healthy skepticism
    Figuratively speaking, if Positivists are shown the front side then they will be looking at the front side, while Negativists will try to look at its inverse. If this inverse is not readily apparent, they will start searching for it. Thus Negativists do not seek to present a "negative" or "pessimistic" view of things, but simply the inverse or the alternative one.
    Emotivism
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I can listen to people talk about whatever they want, really, even if I'm not interested in what they are speaking about.
    Emotivists can talk about various things they have no interest in or do not believe in simply for the sake of maintaining a "positive spirit".
    I'd say you're probably either IEE or LII.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatal mistake View Post
    A couple of things I noticed:

I'd say you're probably either IEE or LII.
    Does this Reinin shit really work, in your experience?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Does this Reinin shit really work, in your experience?
    Absolutely. Process/Result, Positivism/Negativism, and Obstinate/Yielding all make a lot of sense to me. In particular, Yielding/Obstinate can explain many of the conflicts/misunderstandings I've experienced in life.