Thread: Widespread Socionics

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Widespread Socionics

Last edited by Aster; 03-09-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This question reminds me the world isn't all crazy as it won't happen

If it did, you get it

Well actually if I picture a world where everyone knows about socionics I don't actually see anything changing, people would still get jobs based on ability or luck, and people would date cause they wanted to.

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO everyone knowing neurological types would be awesome, completely different.

More socionics themed dating services lol

Actually it if were more widespread, most people would probably dismiss it at face value as a crock, akin to horoscopes. Some would delve further into it and expand the theory, maybe setting up organizations and publishing scientific journals about it. Commercial application would increase, people might be given socionics questionnaires when they're being interviewed for a job.

I doubt it would have a significant change on regular life though. People aren't going to suddenly only talk to their duals, for example. The world is too complex for that. Society already has its mores, some religious, some historical, and these would clash with socionics on a mental level. I guess those who are already curious about psychology and jung etc. for whatever reason would be most affected by it. Everyone else, I'm guessing would have to actually experience the truth of socionics before accepting its theoretical basis.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm...pretty sure life would go on as it. People know about mbti...it hasn't changed much.. I see the same happening with socionics.

Plus...look at the members who take it wayyyyy too seriously. (an exmple being- marista tried to sell her socionic services)..

side note- I've been with duals before...it's overrated and LIE-ESI is largely a crap match in many ways.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting idea. I predict that it would be the sort of thing that some people become racists over. I also predict that this would allow certain people to understand that their conflictors are simply not understanding what you are saying, and this is why frustration. So. A right and a wrong. :S

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the weaknesses in Socionics

IMO the strength of an idea is diminished by complex language.

Socionics would have to change

For example, Socionics would have to incorporate plain language

Then we'd have a better idea of the potential in holistic psychology

IMO we have great need of holistic psychology

Complex language places those not versed in the jargon at a disadvantage.

I believe this is a fundamental disadvantage to contemporary psychology

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    People could be divided into quadras, different areas that they live in. Their children, based on their personalities types, could be moved to a different family in a different quadra. Schooling and work would be based on what their types are.
    Of course the people can develope a small rebel army and revolt against the system in time....

(Just in case anyone doesn't get it, I'm not being serious)
    I know you're not being serious but hypothetically suppose you were.

I don't think separating society into quadra factions is a good idea. The world needs the contributions and values that the different quadras bring. But I do have a question supposing this happened. Say you have a society where everyone is the same quadra? Would differentation eventually occur? For instance in an alpha society, would some alphas eventually take on roles more associated with the other quadras? I'm guessing they would.

Do you really want to lose your kid to another just because your kid belongs to a different quadra than you?

In school and in work, it could be beneficial that you could choose a school or workplace that embodies values similar to yours but you shouldn't be forced to attend a certain school or workplace just because of your type.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This idea came from the divergent book series. A horrible series imo.
    I think I gave it one star on goodreads.
    I enjoyed the first book of the divergent series not so much the other two.

What didn't you like about it?

I actually enjoy reading dystopian books even though I would never want to see the ideas in them in actual society. I like imagining what if scenarios and how society would cope.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would actually be curious to see the possible evolution of this experience. I mean I don't mind this theoretical quadra division... But since the division is not equal, it would probably be hard to manage.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It would be like hell . Imagine people trying to find their way blinded by some artificial light that makes them see everything mauve instead of natural colors .

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking,

feeling functions could be symbolised by fire
    sensing functions could be symbolised by earth
    thinking functions could be symbolised by air
    intuiting functions could be symbolised by water

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrug. More socionics-themed dating sites for sure. I mean it would be like a combination of astrology and MBTI, both of which are relatively prevalent already. (Also socionics looks a lot like a combination of astrology and MBTI now that I think about it.) More people talking about how they have a bunch of friends inside their quadra, maybe some very minor effects in terms of creating less cross-quadra friendships. But much more likely a series of mistypings based on who your friends are. At the most, if socionics were as prevalent as possible, every sitcom would have an episode where they do socionics and say "oh look, all of the friends except one is in [insert quadra here]! Ha-ha other-quadra-friend we're gonna make you feel bad for half the episode. But then we'll learn that difference is good. Or something."
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Shrug. More socionics-themed dating sites for sure. I mean it would be like a combination of astrology and MBTI, both of which are relatively prevalent already. (Also socionics looks a lot like a combination of astrology and MBTI now that I think about it.) More people talking about how they have a bunch of friends inside their quadra, maybe some very minor effects in terms of creating less cross-quadra friendships. But much more likely a series of mistypings based on who your friends are. At the most, if socionics were as prevalent as possible, every sitcom would have an episode where they do socionics and say "oh look, all of the friends except one is in [insert quadra here]! Ha-ha other-quadra-friend we're gonna make you feel bad for half the episode. But then we'll learn that difference is good. Or something."
    I bet no more than 4 % of members here ever dated each other . I don't know why some insist this is a dating forum . Same as Personality Cafe with members getting in many diverse convos . If I'm honest here the most interesting are mby those that don't relate to typology / system in both places .

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker of helmets View Post
    I've been thinking,

feeling functions could be symbolised by fire
    sensing functions could be symbolised by earth
    thinking functions could be symbolised by air
    intuiting functions could be symbolised by water
    Some of this has already been long correlated, except intuition was with fire (inspiration, sudden insight, aha moment, etc) whereas water is with feeling but I've also seen it somehow correlated otherwise but it's not as common, since water types are said to also be intuitive but it's like more in a feeling sense.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Aristocrats...

Socionics is about the socion not quadra, this is not quadrionics.

Within a quadra there's a major conflict between process/result. Socionics is really only talking about close psychological relationships as well, there's all sorts of acquaintances and such. Also rings of social progress is based at some on quadra interaction but within the quadra, due to process/result, the rings of social progress are in conflict.

Socionics wouldn't change much, people are already organizing or changing business practices due to MOTIV, Big 5, MBTI etc. I mean people join religious cults or go be Alaskan Bush people or whatever crap today as well.

Socionics can tell you a lot about how the mechanical breakdown of communication occurs or predict certain breakdowns, it's very hard to access in real time. In socionics all but 1 relationship have areas of unpleasantness or boredom, however looking at duality from beyond relationship satisfiaction, duality has it's problems as well as it doesn't contain the real conflict of values that come from interquadra relations, and those conflicts do expose individuals to growth and development as well.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP is meaningless because it does not state in what sense, in what form Sicionics would be spread, and how deep the understanding of the majority should be.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

People would relaize that there aren't enough duals to go around and still may choose bad relations and eventually end up being depressed that they will not find that connection. Well what can you do. i realized long ago that people who kn o w this will take that opportunity and run with it when it's available. I have and i am so incredibly happy.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mu4

'Socionics can tell you a lot about how the mechanical breakdown of communication occurs or predict certain breakdowns, it's very hard to access in real time'

Really good summation of it, IMO, well done

I feel like the danger in socionics to me is it seems either quite or very deterministic

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sensory types are often base and shallow as they follow their senses and choose mates on physical attraction smell feel and thus may pass up their dual. I'm often unkempt and often unsure of how I look or come off. I'm often met with comments about external improvements "go comb your hair" or put on makeup" it would have been easy for all of my duals to overlook me and even not notice me. I've delt with a lot of that throughout the years and also I've noticed people type incorrectly and get into the wrong relationship or type correctly and get into the relationship with a dual who is wrong in so many ways...eh. whatever. They kind of person that you are looking for may not be your dual, that is your fantasy that you conjure up in your head lol. Whatever to that too. If you are lucky you'll get enough time to recognize yourself and find a dual who is open and receptive to you and lucky that if you passed up one will have a shot at another. In any case I wish for everyone's happiness.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-29-2015 at 03:05 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default due to Thoth tarot + more

@Olly + @Helmets, I'd associate elements with elemental functionality, and have fire opposing water primarily and earth secondarily. Fire would ally with air, which opposes earth primarily, and water secondarily, and so on. Fire would get narrative sensation, earth would get asking sensation, water would get narrative intuition, and air would get asking intuition.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm. I don't think my husband is that shallow and I'm pretty confident he is LSE/SLI. I don't think he'd appreciate being called shallow either. I didn't brush my hair for 3 days this week and he didn't say anything about it, although he probably expects it of me by now. We've been together 15 years with very little conflict... But when he says what he likes about me he says that I'm pretty...not noting personality or character aspects so that can seem shallow, sure

I fell in love when I was younger with men I only saw a few times and thought about them for months after if not even more . Bcause with your intuition through your unconsious you take in whole worlds and personalities all at once , like in a sudden 'gasp' . I had crushes on men that were so far away from me that no sensing type could have ever considered it sane to do if nothing tangible or profitable was to become of that . Should this be said superficial? I don't know. Sensing types have their feet on the ground .- And they live according to what is real proof for their eyes instead of dreaming or thinking of too much future or past .
    Last edited by Amber; 01-29-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker of helmets View Post
    @mu4

'Socionics can tell you a lot about how the mechanical breakdown of communication occurs or predict certain breakdowns, it's very hard to access in real time'

Really good summation of it, IMO, well done

I feel like the danger in socionics to me is it seems either quite or very deterministic
    Well with relationships, you break up or you die.

Socionics describes characteristics of relationships and communication quality, but it doesn't factor in things such as physical/mental abuse, personality disorders and other things. From a mechanical point of view, it does not describe "quality", because who knows maybe some people enjoy bad communication. From what I've read, communication is an important factor in relationship break ups, it's top 1-3 depending on the study. Money and infidelity are the other two that compete with it.

The information mechanics in socionics can perhaps help overcome money/issues of fidelity in some relations, but in other relationships despite adequate money and loyalty, it can still break down. It's only deterministic about conflicts of information preference that arise over close communication, which may not manifest except over long period of time.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    I fell in love when I was younger with men I only saw a few times and thought about them for months after if not even more . Bcause with your intuition through your unconsious you take in whole worlds and personalities all at once , like in a sudden 'gasp' . I had crushes on men that were so far away from me that no sensing type could have ever considered it sane to do if nothing tangible or profitable was to become of that . Should this be said superficial? I don't know. Sensing types have their feet on the ground .- And they live according to what is real proof for their eyes instead of dreaming or thinking of too much future or past .
    I did the same thing lol. and it's been a real struggle to stay in the present, I've had to learn how to do so w/ age.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It would be a totally different world. Not so much because of Socionics, but because it would imply that the world's population is a lot more intelligent than it currently is.
    Good point, thanks!
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you'll find a lot of unhappy people becoming even more unhappy and hopeful people become a lot unhappy
    -