Thread: Member Questionnaire (UraniaIsis)

TIM
    Depends on my mood.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (UraniaIsis)

Member Questionnaire 1 (UraniaIsis)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a visually subjective appreciation of the aesthetics of all nouns. Love is nothing more than a delusional misinterpretation of biochemical receptivity with others of compatible biochemistry for the sole purpose of producing genetically successful offspring. >:3

Ok, I’m done trolling. My honest answers are thusly. Beauty, to me, is beyond visual subjectivity. In my mind, the observation of what I hold as beautiful is sum of multiple factors coming together to form a pleasant physical experience. It isn’t one single brush stroke, it’s the whole enchilada. Shadow play, contrast, color palette, texture, and basically anything and everything that that appeals to and combines all the physical senses at once in absolute harmony. That’s beauty to me.

Love, such an abstract concept with all its different shades, hues, and contexts. It isn’t just a state of biochemical attraction and attachment, there is something about ‘love’ that inspires a sense of hyper sentience. It is a mysterious state of psychological and emotional existence that can change everything in your life in an instant and you could feel that it is all worth it.
    What are your most important values?
    My most important values are supporting my family, loving my fur babies, and preserving whatever is left of my inner light that society hasn’t depleted.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Spiritual, yes; religious, no. Religion, a duplicitous creation of humankind that contains too many contradictions that even devout worshippers cannot even agree on. I am more of a transtheist. I cannot furnish proof of the magic and miracle of deities, and I cannot explain my bizarre sensations of there being something greater that resides beyond the explanations of science, for now.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I do not like war, but I am not against one if it is necessary. I am ambivalent about militaries, but I can see they make excellent training grounds for men and women who decide to enter into physically demanding professions. For me, power is the ability to do things for myself. Power is about self-control and self-discipline just as in martial arts.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I have long conversations about science, philosophy, and pets. My interests include amateur astronomy, reading, and arts and crafts. They satisfy my need to think and ponder how things work and why. I also find that only those with similar interests will actually have something interesting to say and most likely provide a two-way conversation.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes I am. If it’s part of science and improving humanity than I am all ears. Focused on my body, not really I just love food too much, but I am in tune to my body. My digestive tract is a very fickle organ and it can make me feel some pretty crazy shiz sometimes.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I hate them and I loathe them, but I do them because I need fresh laundry and I do like the look and feel of a clean house. I try to do whatever is most convenient for me because I would much rather sit around the house and just be a lazy rump.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Pretty much anything that is science fiction and fantasy adventure. Currently watching Game of Thrones (Season 4) and reading Erewhon by Samuel Butler. I love watching 2001 Space Odyssey, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and anything by Pixar. I enjoy reading Tolkien, Asimov, and Bradbury most of all. Bradbury and I are kindred spirits, we share the same birthday.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Practically anything from Pixar and animal pics on Pintrest. Seeing good people, children, and animals suffer bring me tears of sorrow. But, then again the birth of a child or a litter of puppies can bring me tears of joy. Seeing separated families reunited or completely random strangers of different religions, ethnicities, cultures, and linguistics ignoring their differences and working together can make me smile. I am not usually so sentimental, but when it rains it pours.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    When I am walking alone with my dog at night with stars flickering brightly against a black velvet backdrop. Any place under the stars and away from people, other quadrupeds are welcome to join.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My act of diplomacy has often been misconstrued as being ‘sweet’, ‘too kind’, and ‘a push over’. I dislike my ability to bite my tongue and the lack of pluck to say what’s on my mind when it should be said. Darn my desire to preserve the peace.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My patience, agreeability, amicability, approachability, reliability, resourcefulness, and not being afraid to troubleshoot a technical difficulty are seen as my strengths. I like my resourcefulness and troubleshooting and that’s about it.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    No idea, maybe find some healthy examples of Fe in my life. A majority of my other “sources” are so messed up; it bites.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Oh, yea. An alcoholic relative that you can’t escape that uses everybody as a venting board and there is not really anything you can do other than work around them…and that was how my home business was born. Everyday feels like the same broken record repeating itself, so while said relative is venting I just continue to tap away at my keyboard to build my business and confide to my dog.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I dislike people who expect me to be psychic and read their minds only to get pissy when I don’t. If I am doing something incorrectly or I don’t have my facts straight I actually appreciate when a person uses their mouth to politely inform me of my transgressions. I get along quite amicably with everyone otherwise.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Not my area of expertise, but I suppose I am not that type that is ‘turned on’ by romantic candlelit dinners or fancy smancy vacation plans to Paris or Milan. To me real romance just happens it isn’t something pre-planned. It is the unexpected grazing of hands as a couple reaches into a picnic basket at opposite ends in search of, I don’t know, a fuzzy green caterpillar that crawled in. Or accidently sipping out of each other’s Starbucks Frappe’s, or whatever they’re called. Sex itself should almost be tantric, even if it’s a thirty-second quickie in a side alley where someone has a very high chance of seeing and hearing you. A far as qualities in a partner go, he can be a man of few words, but his hugs and handholding can speak volumes in ways words cannot. I’d rather he show me how he feels rather than just say it.
    But words are occasionally awesome.

I try to avoid laundry listing what I look for in a partner, but I suppose a strong value in caring for family, being fuzzy pet friendly, and an absolute loyalty to his lover/partner/spouse. I am a jealous woman who doesn’t like the concept of sharing or being shared.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Some of my many concerns include potential genetically inherited issues and educating him or her in such; would my spouse and I be providing our child with healthy psychological and emotional resources; is my spouse and I teaching our child healthy forms of conflict resolution; teaching my child to not just be a technology user, but also a technological troubleshooter; teaching my child to not be afraid if a school expels them for defending themselves or another student from a bully; and that it is okay to speak an explicative, at home of course, if they stub their toe or step on a lego.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    First, it depends on the context of the claim. Some claims might make me internally think “gee, never thought of it that way,” with a following inquisition of “explanation please,” and other claims might make me think “H- E- double hockey sticks NO!” With a similar outward reaction to coincide with it. But, I am no Theresa Guidice who starts flippin’ tables.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Sometimes I wish society would just blow itself up already, and then I see a baby smile and I think the world has another chance. As a whole, people (including me) can be absolute dumb arses. The biggest prevalent social problem, “parents” out there in the world who leave the psychological and emotional raising of their children squarely on the shoulders of everybody else and then have the audacity to gripe when their children do not heed them. I also dislike “reality T.V.” and more so the people who actually believe that crud is actually reality.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    When it comes to friends, we either click or we don’t. For me, it takes a long time before I actually call someone my friend. It takes a series of situations and circumstances to fish out a person’s true nature, so I don’t throw the title of friend around lightly. I would also have more respect for others if they did the same with me. When I am still getting to know someone and they are still getting to know me, I consider them a friendly acquaintance. When I am around someone I am just beginning to know I do censor myself a little bit and mind my P’s and Q’s unless our humors are growing proportionally with each other throughout the course of our dialogue.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    “Don’t look at me, don’t look at me, don’t look at me, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!” At least that’s what is going on in my head. On the outside I just take out a book and start reading, but somehow it seems to be a universal signal for “Hey, I’m reading, but let’s chat about something irrelevant.” It’s weird, I can be minding my own business and somehow be a magnet for people. Don’t get me wrong, I have been involved in some very insightful discussions that have resulted from an opening of a book. But, for the most part I just like to be in my own little corner while out and about amongst other homo sapiens. When someone approaches me, I keep my countenance amicable because I do not know what type of day that person might be having, and there are times I think I just saved someone’s life for a little while longer. I love and hate people simultaneously, help!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/ something

BTW "ur anal analysis" that's how I read your nick

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    / something

BTW "ur anal analysis" that's how I read your nick
    lol, you two got the same avatar. It confused me for a second.

Welcome to the forum Uran.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UraniaIsis View Post
    [/INDENT]How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    When it comes to friends, we either click or we don’t. For me, it takes a long time before I actually call someone my friend. It takes a series of situations and circumstances to fish out a person’s true nature, so I don’t throw the title of friend around lightly. I would also have more respect for others if they did the same with me. When I am still getting to know someone and they are still getting to know me, I consider them a friendly acquaintance. When I am around someone I am just beginning to know I do censor myself a little bit and mind my P’s and Q’s unless our humors are growing proportionally with each other throughout the course of our dialogue.
    how do you determine a person's true nature? what kind of things do you read into people?
    what do you admire or respect in others? what kind of people make good friends with you?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Depends on my mood.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Anglas: Thank you for the laugh!
    @Aylen: Thank you for the welcome.
    @morningthaw: I don't quite relate to ILE-ENTp, but the lead and the creative descriptions sound close. Still doing some serious introspecting.
    Last edited by UraniaIsis; 01-30-2015 at 08:07 AM.

TIM
    Depends on my mood.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you determine a person’s true nature?
    To be honest, I really don’t know. It’s more of a gut feeling that I have, but not always trust. I suppose what I think is their true nature is more of my conscious or subconscious observation of their consistent behavioral patterns in various circumstances.

What kind of things do you read into people?
    Some things might include how emotionally charged do they become in various situations, their approachability, trustworthiness, honesty, ability to reconcile any misunderstandings, do they display proactive problem-solving, how do they react when someone close to them needs them. Stuff like that.

What do you admire or respect in others?
    I admire and respect those who follow through on their personal values. We don’t have to agree on those values, but I can see that they hold themselves to the standards of their own values. I really admire and respect others who have adjustable values and are not afraid to reconsider if one of their values might be antiquated and they aren’t going to hold onto that value “just because.” I love to see how as a person grows their values grow, change, and re-prioritize as well. Often times I am so concerned about the emotional well-being of others, I often times ignore my own emotions. People who have strong internal personal values remind me that it’s OK to have and listen to those inner values. It’s just refreshing.

What kind of people make good friends with you?
    People who are mildly energetic; have a healthy sense of humor, i.e. can be realistic without being morbid; constructive conversationalists that don’t gossip; resolve problems not just complain about them or rehash them at a later date; show concern for those close to them, but they don’t wear their hearts (entirely) on their sleeves. Most certainly a respect for each others psychological and emotional boundaries; we may know each others weaknesses, but we don’t go out of our way to exploit them.
    Last edited by UraniaIsis; 01-31-2015 at 11:19 AM.