Thread: The Doors (of Perception)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Cool The Doors (of Perception)

I used to be a Jim Morrison fanatic. When I was a teen and really into him I was upset at my birthdate because I was born too late to ever meet him. I thought the 60s would have been an ideal time for someone like me but whatever. I guess my soul had different plans for me.

I felt like he was a kindred soul (not socionics kindred) from the moment I saw him. Last night I ended up doing a random quiz that reminded me of how much I loved them, so, I am doing a thread for The Doors" and anything related, including trivia, is welcome here. If you do the quiz post your song, if you feel like it, unless someone else already did.

http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests...g-are-you-test

Your result for The Which DOORS song are you? Test ...

BREAK ON THROUGH (TO THE OTHER SIDE)

18 shaman, 8 reveller, 9 exile, 3 nihilist and 0 other

"You know the day destroys the night ...
    night divides the day ...
    try to run, try to hide ...
    break on through to the other side!"
    You scored extremely high in Shaman. Your song is Break On Through (To The Other Side). It's one of the most difficult songs to score on this test -- very few people get this one.
    This is the first Doors song on the first Doors album. The beginning of The Doors as we know them, it is a song that combines youthful energy with a unique poetic vision ... this is also a good description of the band itself, and some would call this the quintessential Doors song. Running for less than three minutes, it comes in smooth and steady, gains momentum as it progresses, builds up to a crashing roaring crescendo, and then abruptly ends, leaving you to wonder where the hell it went. Yet in that short time, it manages to take you from the known into the unknown, into the strange and otherworldly realm of The Doors. It is probably the most shamanistic song The Doors ever recorded, a musical equivalent of the shaman's ritual for breaking through the barriers of the material world to see what lies beyond. To cleanse the doors of perception and gaze into the Infinite. It is from Huxley's "The Doors of Perception" (an idea borrowed from William Blake) that Jim Morrison came up with the band's name, so in a way, this song epitomizes the band itself. It was the beginning of the strange, unique, incredible journey of The Doors, and of everyone that went along with them for the ride. It's the song that threw open The Doors on the world ... that timeless moment when the bowstring was released and the arrow took flight.

If you actually scored this song, you have a shaman's soul. You've seen and done a lot, and there's still a lot more you want to see and do. You're an active principle, a force of movement in the Universe. An arrow, moving ever onward toward some unknown end.

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

• You scored 18% on shaman, higher than 97% of your peers.

• You scored 8% on reveller, higher than 45% of your peers.

• You scored 9% on exile, higher than 41% of your peers.

• You scored 3% on nihilist, higher than 3% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on other, higher than 49% of your peers.

I definitely have had too much time on my hands lately. Taking random quizzes, on different sites, at midnight. is proof of that, Plus some insomnia, again. :/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTj (3w4 sx/sp)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was too haha. My locker in high school was covered in posters--which was fine since he was dead, so that made it more of a mind crush rather than a shallow boy band crush.

I skipped class to take a few buses across town to attend one of my girlfriend's history classes whose teacher showed Doors films once a year as part of his curriculum. Definitely it's all about the words--"I'll always be a word man". A few years later, that same teacher transferred to my high school, and by the end of my final year I'd skipped more classes than I attended. Mr. N called me out for a stroll around the halls and said "you're sitting at a 62 for this term, so you're obligated to write the Final...but I can't make a fellow Doors fan write. So I bumped you up to a 65 3rd term, that's a 78 overall". That actually made me feel like crap haha.

Shadows of the trees, witnessing the wild breeze
    Comon baby run with me...

I've taken that quiz before & got "The End". Can you picture what will be, so limitless and free. JM had a scary amount of unhealthy Se. I never would have wanted to date him. More likely a drinking buddy--like Billy Idol in "The Doors". This was my original Avatar when I joined the Forum:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Left my copy to be found by snapchat.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

THE END

16 shaman, 14 exile, 9 reveller, 5 nihilist, 1 other
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16% Nihilist.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

"Jim Morrison's Adventures in the Afterlife"

Part devil, part angel, the specter of Jim Morrison has haunted America's consciousness since his premature death in 1971. His spirit seemed dark, and the graphic despair of his Lizard King persona reigned supreme in his lifetime, but Jim Morrison died with a smile on his face. Was his journey through the afterlife as tumultuous as his journey through life? This is the question Mick Farren answers in his fascinatingly complex novel based on one of the twentieth century's most enigmatic figures.

Jim Morrison's Adventures in the Afterlife picks up the story of Morrison as he hurtles through a purgatory-like afterlife in search of some way to bring his soul to peace. Along the way he finds Doc Holliday--and together they find themselves chasing the restless fire-and-brimstone evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson, whose soul has broken after death into two warring halves. McPherson's sexier half becomes the object of Jim's obsession, and as the two struggle to find each other in this disordered land, their wild, careening chase through a dozen dystopiae recalls imagined worlds as diverse as Burgess's A Clockwork Orange or Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

This is a daring, hilarious romp through the landfill of millennial society. Possessed of an imagination that rivals that of any of our edgiest fantasists, steeped in the detritus and ephemera of three decades of pop culture, Mick Farren has crafted in this new novel a bizarre and compelling fantasia.

I loved this book.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

"The world on you depends
    Our life will never end"

YWIMW