Thread: Bias in Socionics type descriptions and Quadra of author

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bias in Socionics type descriptions and Quadra of author

I recently read an article regarding bias in type perception and have become curious about the perceptions of the different type descriptions based on author and how individual types relate with them.

Here is the article: http://rickdelong.com/socionics/wiki...ocionics.shtml

For example, in the article the author mentions Stratievskaya having a noted Gamma bias, whereas Aushra and Gulenko likely have an Alpha bias. Between theirs and Reinin's descriptions (found in his book) I am curious to know which description or author different members like best and to see if there is a trend. Also curious who Beta and Delta types feel describe them best since I am not aware of authors from those quadras (please post them if you have them).

Post your most preferred type description author and why you like or relate with that one.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Gulenko and Reinin.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I found myself appreciating Filatova over other authors. I don't know her type. Anyone?
    Gulenko is neutral enough , not biased , but I feel a lot is schematic perhaps . Like erotic attitudes and stuff.
    Stratievskaya is itchy. I wonder if she's psychotic some times or she went through very hard periods in her life.
    Aushra rubs me the wrong way. Mby bcause she's Fi POLR.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I prefer Gulenko and Filatova.

Strateveskaya seems rather off.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I read some on Wikisocionics. Filatova self types EII. It makes sense why I find her the most balanced and sane in her writings . If you want to talk about Quadra influence , you can .

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I were to choose I prefer Gulenko's descriptions, but ultimately I prefer my own.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    If I were to choose I prefer Gulenko's descriptions, but ultimately I prefer my own.
    and where can I read it ? and what's your type ?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    and where can I read it ? and what's your type ?
    LSE it appears to be.

Oh you can't read them as I haven't wrote them lol.

What I mean is that there isn't really anything objective in socionics to base as common understanding and agreement. The closest to an authority imho is Jung's descriptions of the functions. With all this in mind I tend to go with Jung and base my own type perceptions on that which I have experienced IRL.

As for writing descriptions of types, it's really tricky imo as how to fit millions and millions of people into a description? So from that perspective I don't envy those who've taken the time to write them down.... to me it seems like a pointless exercise? But people are always going to write type descriptions so the established socionics people may as well write them anyway as they will be continually asked for them

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

On an intuitive level I find this description more appealing than some of the others but it seems dated and probably mistranslated.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...atievskaya_IEI

Overall I like Jung's descriptions of the functions. They really are appealing to me. Mostly the stuff on Ni though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW