View Poll Results: Who takes Socionics most seriously ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

4 36.36%
  • LII

8 72.73%
  • Beta ST

1 9.09%
  • IEI

0 0%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • Ti suggestive

2 18.18%
  • IJ

1 9.09%
  • LSE , LIE

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which type takes Socionics most seriously ?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Which type takes Socionics most seriously ?

Which type has the most permeable skin in front of Socionics ??? Who uses that most of all as a way of interpreting the world around the self or for self understanding ? and I don't mean only when he / she is on the forum.

?
    Last edited by Amber; 01-25-2015 at 03:43 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti valuers.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People in need of fodder for intellectual masturbation. People in need of ego props. Young people searching for selfhood. People who want to feel superior to others. People whose relationships have repeatedly failed.

The manner in which it's taken seriously varies with the individual.

The stereotypical answer would be Alpha NTs and E5s. I doubt that's accurate.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti superid

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    People in need of fodder for intellectual masturbation. People in need of ego props. Young people searching for selfhood. People who want to feel superior to others. People whose relationships have repeatedly failed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And I love your avatar.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post

I agree with that. No matter what experience and need they have, as types Alpha NT and Beta ST from what I saw online with Ti suggestive types next more in an automatic manner , like a game of curiosity.

But why E5s ?? who are supposed to be the most independent thinkers ? It would make sense that E1 and E6 takes that as a 'law' to follow or find safety in.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    From my observations here on this forum, Alpha NT, Beta ST and Ti superid. I had to beg my SLI-Te E8 husband just to take a socionics test, if that says anything...I could also see E6 getting invested in it, too, but my enneagram knowledge isn't the greatest.
    So, essentially, the Alpha and Beta quadras.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    I agree with that. No matter what experience and need they have, as types Alpha NT and Beta ST from what I saw online with Ti suggestive types next more in an automatic manner , like a game of curiosity.

But why E5s ?? who are supposed to be the most independent thinkers ? It would make sense that E1 and E6 takes that as a 'law' to follow or find safety in.
    With the caveat that I don't have a lot of enneagram knowledge, I see that E5 can think independently about it--socionics doesn't have to be a set of rules but just information to be considered. It's also a type that might benefit from support in terms of relationship information given the tendency to retreat.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    Which type has the most permeable skin in front of Socionics ??? Who uses that most of all as a way of interpreting the world around the self or for self understanding ? and I don't mean only when he / she is on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Ti valuers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    So, essentially, the Alpha and Beta quadras.
    I did a survey of types present on this forum and another one. The most common element turned out to be Ne rather than Ti. This doesn't answer which types get most engrossed into socionics, however, the types that are most likely to register and participate in socionics discussions turned out to be Delta and Alpha Ne types.

Beta quadra is almost completely absent from the development of socionics, which has been brought to attention in Rus-speaking communities before. If you take a look at the types of some of the better-known socionists whose materials have been translated and published on this site, they ara Alpha or Delta in their majority, with a handful of Gammas, and fewest contributions coming from Beta quadra. (Some blame a lot of socionics deficiencies on this i.e. that information coming from Alpha quadra isn't sufficiently sorted by Beta, and as a result there are too many paradigms and re-interpretations floating around and not enough cohesive explanations.)

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's rather complicated. I can say that I originally approached socionics with the idea that it could work if I applied it correctly, if I got at the core of everything under-riding it. And the idea that I could predict how well I'd get along with certain people seemed very intriguing. That said, I've had times where I've thought it made sense, only to learn something later that didn't mesh with the conclusions I had previously formed. So...I'm skeptical that human interactions can be resolved into a 16 type matrix because relationships rarely seem to play out so simply. They have twist and terms and changes of focus or motivations and people learn and adapt to one another and they grow and things just change, people change. But I do think there are archetypal themes within the relationship matrix that can be relatively observed and experienced, but that they are typically transient, depending on how people change.

So, potentially, any type that believes socionics predicts their relationships accurately probably takes it quite a bit more seriously because they think it's useful. I don't know which types those would typically be, but there does seem to be more of an inclination among people that have poor interpersonal skills, judging from the typology forums I've been on.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two kinds of seriously show up: tinkering with it for interest vs practicing it (i.e. using it in daily life to understand things).

In my experience, the common denominator to the first is often Ti. The second is more complicated -- I've seen an assortment.

Neither of these is the same as silke's category of people who tend to show some degree of participation.

I tinker with the ideas more, and do not practice them in daily life much. Although if you count seeing the ideas pop up in life, yes that happens from time to time. But I'd call that an offshoot of my interest in just thinking about it.

In terms of being serious, I should say I am one of those prone to unorthodox thinking relative to the established rules of typology...so that tends to affect chances of "practicing" it. That said, I get along very well with what seems to be Gulenko's tendency.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know I take socionics waaaaay to seriously.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The frenzied fanatics are almost always LIIs.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    The frenzied fanatics are almost always LIIs.
    In the land of unconsciously ironic...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII wrll, nevermind, I'm not all about socionics when I'm away from the forum. Im all about my relationships
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-27-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say LxI and ExE are the most likely. LxI use it as a substitute to understand relationships better (translating complicated Ethics language into something more natural - Ti) and ExE might over-rely on the source of structure (a Ti format, but geared towards relationships which is easier for ExE to digest and become passionate about).
    That being said, ExE will not use it in a practical sense. More like a study. When it comes to interacting with people (for the most part), they toss off structure in order to express themselves more fully and engage others around them in the same thing.

Edit: I saw another post talking about the types of people on this forum...I think there may be more Ne cause A) Fancy, cool function that is trendy these days, even outside of personality typology circles and B) more likely to indulge experimental ideas like this in the first place.
    I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT's seem to be the most prominent promoters of typology in my experience.

I on the other hand tell almost no one about typology. I am aware of the stigma and without proper background the knowledge is useless. I have no intention of sharing it with anyone outside those who have found it naturally. I consider it a private advantage in social context and in my case, a way of understanding both the difficulties and opportunities that I can have socially. It has served as a guide to understanding myself even better and relating that to a larger importance. I think of socionics and duality in particular as a confirmation of an instinct I've always about the fundamental nature of humanity. The Reinin dichotomies are probably the only things I share with others as they are more specific and easy to understand for a lay person. They can also be introduced one at a time without extra foundational knowledge.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs and introverted NTs

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    The conflictor of the type that doesn't.
    Well duh.

So which type takes it least seriously?

SEE? LSE? Both LII and IEI seem to take it most seriously from my observations.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP