Thread: ILE, IEI, and introverted logic Ti (ENTp & INFp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILE, IEI, and introverted logic Ti (ENTp & INFp)

I’m IEI and I want to develop Ti

Does IEI’s potentially undeveloped Ti frustrate ILE

Any thoughts on how to develop IEI’s Ti

Any thoughts on potential stressors to ILE-IEI friendship, all things being equal

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that the relationship is excellent provided that both individuals have intellectual or artistic interests, in which case IEIs can suck up your productive time into an intricately imaginative, Te-PoLR vortex. LOTS of Fe is another possible asset.

The biggest hurdle: weak dual-seeking function is a recipe for blandness in any relationship. Being put into a position where you have to over-exert your role function is energy-draining.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in ways ILEs can develop IEIs' Ti better (in the sense of more thoroughly, but less efficiently) than SLEs. the latter tends to simply summate the environment and expect you to get it, which generally works for IEIs but doesn't always flesh out the Ti as much as they'd like. ILEs are good for this (I think positivism has something to do with it, like the energy becomes more singular and builds on itself), being more willing to explore alternatives and indulge in theoretical elements. they also seem to feed on IEIs' Fe in a more innocent, almost childlike way. I typically find them somewhat endearing but also annoying in ways, there's a certain emotional neediness that isn't there with SLEs, but overall they're good company. I've only interacted with several more extensively but things for the most part remained pretty chill, and there was a decent amount of complexity and diversity to the interaction. j-sub pairings probably work best.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Based on the IEIs I know. It is a freaking mirage. Not very interesting in the long run. I only know well male ones but it is very eventless. and kind of comfortable. Their Fe is wrongly directed. They ignore Ne so it tends fly over their head for while until it lands. Maybe I have met moderately low IQ IEIs.
    Both of us are bit detached lazy bums...You'll get the picture.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI can develop there Ti internally with work. But it requires a shit ton of introspection. Smoke some weed and constantly evaluate your own thoughts as you have them. Worked for me. Hellish introspective nightmares occured, but now I can hang on the level.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    IEI can develop there Ti internally with work. But it requires a shit ton of introspection. Smoke some weed and constantly evaluate your own thoughts as you have them. Worked for me. Hellish introspective nightmares occured, but now I can hang on the level.
    smoking weed helps one with logic? i've found that it's best not to even try to be logical whenever i've used weed (it scrambles my reasoning ability). it simply slows the flow of images through my mind and gives me visions and more intense realizations.

i constantly evaluate my thoughts anyway, not necessarily evaluate their "logic" (whatever one wants to call logic), but it's a constant searching and questioning. it's more a constant sifting through my thoughts, feelings, memories, reasons, etc. and what it all means (though not in a logical way per se... although it can be). i evaluate my thoughts and actions constantly, though it's more trying to understand why i did, thought or felt something, and there's a lot of ethical evaluation in there... as well as outcome/causal thinking.

being high to me is like a waking dream almost... when you recount your dreams later, the logic of them doesn't usually work. the insight still comes clearly though, as it doesn't need logic.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    smoking weed helps one with logic? i constantly evaluate my thoughts anyway, not necessarily evaluate their "logic" (whatever one wants to call logic), but it's a constant searching and questioning. it's more a constant sifting through my thoughts, feelings, memories, etc. and what it all means.
    Think of weed as wearing ankle weights while running. Its harder, and thats why it helps. Also, it got me to continually focus inward.

what I did was lose track of my thoughts constantly, and I hated it. So I started picturing my thoughts with the thoughts that preceded it so I could remember how the tangential thoughts linked together. Remembering the picture allowed me to see how the thoughts flowed into each other. Then I could remember. The byproduct of that was I started assessing the value of the tangents to what they were borne from, and that ended up fostering a hierarchy/structure weighing conceptual assiocations. Thats not exactly Ti, but it built a framework for my airy tangents. And that Framework helps with Ti, because its more solid than the IEI standard of following the idea wherever the wind blows.

Hopefully that made sense.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along fantastically with IEIs. We make great friends and a large number of friends I've had over the years have been IEIs.