Thread: Suggestion Function Question!

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suggestion Function Question!

So,

What do you do in the absence of an environment with a significant amount of your suggestive/dual-seeking function? How does each type manufacture the suggestive for themselves? Is that necessary? Is it possible? Maybe we can work on a type-by-type break down of how each type attempts to "build" the suggestive for themselves if they don't have a person/people to provide it for them? And can such a pursuit be done in a healthy/beneficial way?

(Yes the subtext of this is, "I'm an IEI and I don't know what to do with the fact that I'm currently incapable of getting up and causing change in the world and why should I when my head is so pretty?" But i generalized so it wouldn't be all about me.)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII reporting in. What do I do when there's no Fe... well I'm not very good at creating Fe. Even worse than ILEs (as you'd imagine). A lot of the the time I'll try to start interesting questions or topics "What do you think about an app which could do ____?", "Would you rather __ or ___?", "What do you think about ___?". Basically a lot of Ne or Ti discussions which are supposed to be a bit light and whimsical for people. Maybe it's me trying to bait people into producing Fe for me. I sometimes even go out on a limb and ask some "Fi-ish" questions, although really just trying to fit people's thoughts, emotions and relationships into some Ti-structure in my head.

When I was younger I was better, less aware of how awkward it was, or was hanging out with people who could ride with it more, because I would just keep bringing up random topics of conversation and finding out what people thought of them. These days I feel like I'm doing conversation very well when that happens, and we inevitably run out of topics. Then I just get very dull and mopey and the days crawl by. And you never write.

Tl;dr: I can't produce my own Fe yet. I just use my static functions.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    So,

What do you do in the absence of an environment with a significant amount of your suggestive/dual-seeking function? How does each type manufacture the suggestive for themselves? Is that necessary? Is it possible? Maybe we can work on a type-by-type break down of how each type attempts to "build" the suggestive for themselves if they don't have a person/people to provide it for them? And can such a pursuit be done in a healthy/beneficial way?

(Yes the subtext of this is, "I'm an IEI and I don't know what to do with the fact that I'm currently incapable of getting up and causing change in the world and why should I when my head is so pretty?" But i generalized so it wouldn't be all about me.)
    in the absence of suggestive, each type instinctively restricts others' in the area of their demonstrative function, using the energy of their restrictive. and then their role is activated by changes in the area of their restrictive, through which they produce suggestive.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 01-26-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Lets assume that this is right, then this Si is 'enjoyed' in comparative solitude, which is ultimately not very effective.
    actually i changed my mind, this mechanism is correct, but it does not produce the suggestive. instead it adjusts the demonstrative function, And that restores suggestive.

eg. iee restricts others emotional agitation, by unconsciously adjusting how much time they spend with them and then any changes in their sense of time activates their role and they use it to change the external distances between objects, which improves their emotional state , and that gradually restores their physical comfort

and its' only as effective as the strength of the super ego block. otherwise, using your role doesn't improve the demonstrative, and doesn't have any effect on your suggestive. and that's when you rely even more on your restrictive function.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 01-27-2015 at 05:41 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i want to take charge of my Se, i hang around with other Ni bases. They're just as incompetent with it as i am, but i have more practice indulging in and refining incompetence. And they usually enjoy it.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.