Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chris Kyle - American Sniper

sli?
    sle?

Bradley-Cooper-transformation-Chris-Kyle.jpg

was really fascinated by bradley cooper's portrayal of him in american sniper

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot. IP. possibly ILI.

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why did i think sle?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If even half the murderous bullshit this guy claimed to have done is true, his buddy who killed him did the world a favour.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War/christian propaganda film casually demonizing arabs. murica loved it so.
    LSI as portrayed in film. Eastwoods another LSI.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe SLI, American redneck subtype ILI/LSI/LSE are possible too.

haven't seen the "American Sniper" film, but i've read about this guy and his exploits. i think the tribalistic hero-worship of him is disturbing to say the least, considering that he reportedly *enjoyed* killing Iraqis and made shit up about killing various other people. idk, the way a lot of Americans treat Chris Kyle reminds me how the Nazis hero-worshipped the German sniper character in the film "Inglourious Basterds".

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He killed via sniper (snipers are considered cowards) in a war that did not need to happen. There is nothing heroic about him and its bizarre how venerated he has become. I'm not even against wars .....

The movie was a struggle to watch simply because the story line was mediocre at best. First he is seen as a child with a zealot Christian father who tells him he needs to protect the innocent, now pray to the lord and eat your food...then a superficial accounting of his meeting with his wife - the only character who gave the film any feeling of emotional release. She seemed EIE for what it is worth, "if you loved me you would drop everything in your whole life to be with me - soldier". Later he flutters through bar after bar searching for his purpose whilst getting into numerous bar brawls. Flash forward to the twin towers falling and the overplayed *where were you when they fell* living room scene. Suddenly Marine Kyle is getting the call to war because in american eyes, Iraq and Saddam was the cause of 9/11.... scene of shooting on balconies, scene of shooting kid what appears to be a brief case bomb, scene of him mumbling through a conversation with his wife... No sympathy could be resonated through this movie...only a bland pre-packaged "just trying to protect america and its freedom" (from what?!) all boiled into Chris Kyle.

Him as a character found legitimacy in killing because it was sanctioned by the military complex in which he inhabited. That he went through a media blitz followed by a subsequent death makes him all the more macabre.

His character's arch involved becoming in touch with his feelings and learning how to express his emotions.

It's almost silly how borderline satirical the movie is and how easily audiences consumed it as gospel truth. Other movies about the Iraq war, such as The Hurt Locker did far more to illuminate the banality and visciouness of the past war while creating 3 dimensional characters whose reality can be discerned and dissected far more realistically then the paint by number American Sniper. Chris is so bland as a person, which makes him more relatable, I guess, as the "everyman".

Huge disappointment from Clint Eastwood, who is more then capable of exploring the hidden motives of his characters whilst doing justice to the truth. See Mystic River, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters From Iwo Jima, to name a few. He missed an opportunity with Chris Kyle. His Chris could do no wrong, his actions justified within the paradigm of his world, not self-conciously commentating on that fact, like he has in past movies, but commercializing Kyle's biography while simultaneously glorifying it.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-20-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

relevant article about people with ASPD and/or sociopathic traits in the military: http://www.vice.com/read/the-unique-...e-military-721

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    I think ruling out IEI and SEI is reasonable.
    INFP is possible. Hard to believe if he's a good sniper, but seems possible.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    sociopathic traits in the military
    War itself is a sociopathic thing. Military training implies limited sociopathic changes in psyche.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    his body postures are of an EJ temperament and type

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Temperaments

LSE? ESE? I don't have an opinion about his type beyond this

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    his body postures are of an EJ temperament and type

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Temperaments

LSE? ESE? I don't have an opinion about his type beyond this
    Yes except he describes himself as introverted. Really though ESE?? No.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE