View Poll Results: what is your driving style?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • don't drive.

3 13.04%
  • grandma

5 21.74%
  • defensive

14 60.87%
  • offensive

5 21.74%
  • ROAD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: how do you drive?

Creepy-bg

Default how do you drive?

??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

calm and pleasant.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defensive. I drive the speed limit, keep a long car distance, make complete stops, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when someone is going slower than me instead of making them change lanes i just swerve around them which is illegal and dangerous but in my head at least i'm not honking my horn like a douchebag.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Omg, omg! My binaural beats for telepathy must be working!

Seriously, I was in my car the other day thinking about this question and I thought I wanted to do a thread on it but then I thought if others are interested then someone else will make the thread and here it is a couple of days later. I can't help but believe in synchronicity.

Once again, while I was driving, I started noticing the way I seem to weave in and out of traffic effortlessly, slowing down or speeding up to miss lights or pass others without even thinking about it, all while anticipating the moves of all the other drivers around me. It''s not just me that notices this. My passengers have asked me about it too. Like they will say, "how did you know they were going to cut you off"" or something similar.

I can be a bit clumsy when I walk (bumping into things) but behind the wheel I am smooth, have fast reflexes and/or excellent subconscious pattern recognition.. I just didn't know how to fully answer those questions until the other day. It was one of those lightbulb moments. I see the patterns in traffic but they don't usually register on a conscious level. hahah As a teen I used to take my mom's car before I had a license and she felt comfortable with me driving. Like she really trusted me behind the wheel and wanted me to drive her. The first car she bought me was a fast sports car and I used to race people without fear. I don't know why or how but I am so lucky behind the wheel. Most of my friends and siblings all had accidents in their teens but I never did. I will not say anymore to avoid jinxing myself. Damn superstitions. :/

I feel my car and I are "one" when I get behind the wheel so it becomes an extension of me, then the road becomes an extension of me and so on until everything becomes an extension of me . It often feels like a magical experience. We nicknamed my last car the "space shuttle" and this one I call my "time machine" because I seem to be able to get my destination on time, no matter how late it seems I am going to be, usually. It is the one place where past, present and future have no meaning and I lose my sense of time but not my timing. I experience it in a really weird but cool way. Like I am on automatic, like my car, and my mind is able to expand and become one with everything around me. Driving is my meditation and I am always listening to music which is also my meditation. I also feel like I am an observer of all this taking place so it is like having a perspective from different angles.

I picked up my friend after this realization the other day and I ended up using Kurt Vonnegut to try and explain it to him. Surprisingly he got it after my initial attempts to explain left him scratching his head. He has read slaughterhouse 5 so when I explained I feel like a Tralfamadorian, when I drive, he got it.,

Anyway I am not a perfect driver. The other day I drove a mile in first gear because I was thinking about something else. My car is fine though.

Through Billy and the Tralfamadorians Vonnegut introduces
    us to his ideas on the nature of time and physical existence.
    When Billy travels to Tralfamadore for the first time -- after
    having been unstuck in time for many years -- he is taught by the
    tralfmadorians the nature of time. They tell him that the human
    perception of time as linear and flowing with the possibility of
    only one moment existing at 'once' is erroneous. The
    Tralfamadorians exist in 4 dimensions and so have perspective on
    time. They tell Billy that time does not flow, that all moments
    exist concurrently and it is only an illusion if they appear to
    have any linearity. This makes sense to Billy for he has been
    traveling to odd places in time ever since his experiences in the
    war. The Tralfamadorians also have a philosophy of life based on
    their ability to have perspective on time. They tell Billy that
    it is pointless to be concerned with the bad things always happen
    to us in our lives. They say that it is wiser to only focus
    one's attention on the good moments, for no moments are capable
    of being changed -- they just are. Billy to some extent is
    capable of applying this philosophy to his life for he is blessed
    enough to be loose in time -- and know it. But Vonnegut may be
    saying that we are all loose in time, for if the Tralfamadorians
    are correct, all the moments in our lives exist 'simultaneously.'
    And so whether or not we are aware of these other moments in
    other moments is irrelevant to the fact that the moments all
    function at the same 'time'. The universe, with all its moments,
    is the same as when we 'were' babies as it 'is' now. By the end
    of Billy's life we find him preaching this knowledge to various
    adoring masses. Billy preaches the philosophy that was taught to
    him by the Tralfamadorians.
    http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=19265

Love listening to this in my car.

I just woke up so not sure how this will "read" to others. Makes sense in my head though.

I am not sure how to vote in the poll???
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-22-2015 at 02:35 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Caution before entering a vehicle with me. I turn corners quickly, brake suddenly, miss my turns due to thought distraction. I can be inattentive while talking and driving and it makes people scared to be in the car with me.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the highway I am calm, leave large distances, and tune out to the music. It's very relaxing.

On the mountain roads where I live things change. I run the gears all the way out, heel-toe up to every stop sign, apex every corner, and run like I'm setting a lap time. It's not jarring though, my style is all about smoothness. I never drive this way with passengers.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to drive and I like to drive fast (or speed, if you wanna call it that) but only if the conditions (weather, traffic, personal condition...) allow it. Scanning my surroundings and also looking beyond the car somewhere far ahead of me and such (360° view) happens kinda "automatically", also always trying to keep a safe distance between my car and others which, or course, is more difficult at a high speed. I check my speedometer regularly and on exit ramps in particular lol As soon as I see a traffic jam or accident in the far distance I slow down and immediately turn my 4-way emergency flashers on in order to warn others behind me. Needless to say, but I always drive with low beams on, even at days. Upper beams only when nobody is ahead of me and there's no opposing traffic.

However, I belong to those who rather look at the schedule of fines in order to know how expensive which 'offense' is than simply drive as mandated by law. So, I do not drive that fast that I'd lose my drivers license if get caught... well, not anymore. I also don't use the blinker, honk the horn, flash the headlights and tailgate to pressure slower cars ahead into moving out of my way anymore since this can get really expensive in the meantime... and not just that. At some point I decided not to challenge my luck too much anymore.

Texting while driving or putting on makeup and something is a no-no, talking on the phone only if it's really important (but then I keep it very short). I never buzzed around unpredictably, won't lead you anywhere anyway. I HATE it if others do those stuff!

Even though I go over speed limits almost all the time, I'm always aware of my safety and that of my passengers or other road users (no accidents, only 3 speed tickets in my life so far but I also seem to kinda sense them, i.e. I either see them early enough or I just think that day 'aww, no. Take it slow today.'.... and a few minutes later I see them waiting to make cash lol ). I'm aware that there are insecure drivers out there and people who suddenly change lanes without indicating because they intent to pass someone who's still driving 1000 meters ahead of them and something. It's not so funny when you drive on the left lane (180 km/h or more) and someone pulls over without need for whatever reason only driving 120 km/h or so, though. Yep, this causes a surge of adrenalin. However, in the meantime my favorite cruising speed is 160 km/h. You still make headway and faster results in mileage getting too high... and gasoline prices are so high. >sniff< Other than that, it's not too often that you can drive faster due to traffic. Nonetheless, if there's an opportunity and the conditions are ok, I go full speed. Just not for long distances.

How fast I drive also depends on whether I'm alone or have passengers and who the passengers are.

Strange thing, cops seem to be highly motivated to go after speeding drivers but those aashats who keep on driving on the left lane 20 km/h UNDER speed limit or for no reason (no traffic) and block everyone get away with it.

"Best" are bikers who pass you on the left even though you already drive on the left lane with 180 km/h or more. You see them coming and the next moment they're are ahead of you. Morons!

I, personally, don't think speeding causes accidents but those who suddenly change lanes without reason and without indicating do! Let alone, those bikers mentioned above! And those who back up the exit ramp toward you, weaving from side to side, in order to return to the highway, for instance. Other than that, in my experience (drive a lot) there are many people out there who drive dangerously either at or just above the speed limit/recommendation.

To me it's the higher the speed, the more I pay attention to driving. So, no loud music while speeding. Slow driving is a pain in the ass and very exhausting!

When towing a trailer or driving a lorry things are different, of course. You also try to keep extra distance but people only use it to cut in front of you. So when I want to exit the highway I usually drive almost on the breakdown line in case someone cuts in front of me and slams on the brakes so I have enough space.

Needles to say, no drink and drive!

No idea how to vote but I exclude the good old Grandma and ROAD RAGE.

Aylen wrote it right after she woke up, I wrote it in the middle of the night. So, it's prolly as crazy as hers...
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Considering I can't drive legally anymore, on the rare occasion I do drive for whatever reason, it's very carefully.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Aylen on the car as an extension of me and driving as meditation. A good night drive will set your mind straight.

I drive as fast as possible, given the number of cops usually on the road and how open my lane is. I'm always tense driving in heavy traffic, and I don't like to make sudden lane changes, because I don't trust the people around me will react quickly enough, what with people texting these days.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LauriesCrusador View Post
    No idea how to vote but I exclude the good old Grandma and ROAD RAGE.

Aylen wrote it right after she woke up, I wrote it in the middle of the night. So, it's prolly as crazy as hers...
    After reading your whole post all I can think to ask is, are you my dual? I want a strong female dual.

Socionics aside...I relate to what you said about driving fast and a few other things and I found your description down to earth and appealing. It's like you filled in some missing elements that I am vaguely aware of when driving but less motivated to talk about.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    After reading your whole post all I can think to ask is, are you my dual?
    Duals, indeed.

Laurie is LSE.

You are EII.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I will answer.

Laurie is LSE.

You are EII.

Duals, it is.
    Your attempts to type me are invalid but thanks for trying. All your opinions of me are based on bad blood between us.

If you can't show how you reached your conclusion then it is meaningless anyway. Maybe you are the LSE since you seem to still have an issue with me?

Edit: You remind me of Lucy because, neither of you really like me, you want to put me in Delta, specifically as an EII.

YWIMW

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drive like a mom. I'm only one step away from the Minivan of Doooooom.

Luckily I usually don't need to drive anywhere (foot, subway).

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fairly careful driver, but i sometimes go above the speed limit because I'm often running late, and it's always nice to get to my destination ASAP. I do gauge how comfortable i am in a given traffic pattern on a given road though... sometimes i just dont feel comfortable so i'll go as slow as i need to to feel comfortable. Like, on the pennsylvania turnpike, going on curve after curve high up in the mountains with the cliff right over the guardrail.... I'll slow down, slower than the speed limit, if i need to. Let 'em honk

No matter how late i'm running, I never tailgate though (because if i rear end someone, I'll be the one at fault), and i also find it silly when others tailgate me... i dont bow to that kind of pressure. If I'm going too slow for them, they're welcome to pass me (and mind you, i'm usually going like 65 or 70 mph in those situations... these guys want to go 80 or 90!!)

On the highway i also try to minimize lane changes just because every lane change is a potential accident waiting to happen... that said, i still do plenty of them, out of necessity or wanting to go quicker... but that is always on my mind.

I'm also really careful about pedestrians... my biggest fear when driving is about hitting someone. I especially make it a point to watch out, when i'm sleep deprived. Luckily it hasn't happened yet. I observe all street signs and signals.

also, I'm not one to try to have "competitions" with other drivers or judging other drivers' driving quality when i'm out driving (I know some people do that), unless they're like driving totally crazy (like crossing over into my lane) in which case i'll try to get away from them ASAP.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    also they should make sure the temperature in the car is the right one. my belgian liaison who is probably an infantile type keeps the car freezing cold because he says it makes him feel awake otherwise he closes his eyes which is totally freaky (actually he closes them anyway) .when he drives at night, i always feel that i have to check through that middle mirror whether his stupid eyes are closed and i secretly hate him for that
    OMG that's scary!!

that doesn't sound infantile though. It sounds like he wants to torture himself with the cold and he can "see" with his eyes closed.... sounds Ni to me

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your whole post all I can think to ask is, are you my dual? I want a strong female dual.
    *chuckles
    I have no fucking idea, sister.
    I haven't experienced duality yet, so I have no idea what it is like and thus I kinda doubt its existence.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    I drive like a mom. I'm only one step away from the Minivan of Doooooom.

Luckily I usually don't need to drive anywhere (foot, subway).
    I would totally drive a minivan, but being a guy and the fact I live in Colorado I would prefer a pick-up truck. Unfortunately, I'm stuck driving my Chevrolegs.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distracted. I'll decide to change gears while breaking and turning on my indicator and also surfing through the radio channels to find a good song. I also refuse to think about hard questions when I'm driving because often that requires my complete attention and, like, I'm driving.

Proud. I hate it when people are overtaking me by going over the speed limit and I'm sitting on right as fast as I'm legally allowed to go. That's not fair, don't pretend you're better than me! When someone cuts me off and I'm behind them at a red light I'll get my car really close and personal with their boot ("trunk"?) just to let them know I'm not happy.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually drive as the book recommends but it can be that I drive in a very aggressive style.
    I also happen to be mind absent while driving and it's pretty dangerous...
    Mostly I listen to music but sometimes I want silence too so I switch the radio off.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But

Keep in mind...
    Thomas Jefferson

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been driving like grandma since I took over my parent's Buick. Its a car that seems to want to drive that way. And I want to keep my low insurance rates that it took so long to get so low. So, I focus and drive very correctly.

My ex was paranoid about others driving so on the rare occasions I drove with him in the car, I learned that it was possible for one to drive so correctly that even the ex could not find any fault. Oh, then when my son was learning to drive (This was only last year! Now he drives for work) he let me know if I did any little thing wrong, like going down the steep and curvy hill to our townhouse in our quiet complex, with no one around, and I would trespass on the center line.

So I got conscious of driving perfectly. I always pray for protection of Guardian Angles when I drive, for myself and the others on the road and then I throw in extra prayers for anyone I notice that looks like a foolish driver (I have prayed more than once of an annoyingly reckless or aggressive driver: "Please let him learn a good lesson, but without getting hurt". In my mind I am thinking of a scary near-miss to wake them up to what can happen). Because of wanting to avoid tickets I only go a limited amount over the speed limit and if someone behind me seems inpatient and its hilly with no good place to pass I will signal right and pull towards the shoulder and even stop so he can pass if its a safe place to do so. But I never crawl along; that's not correct.

However, what I really want is to drive like @Aylen.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably have some of the worst road rage ever documented. I don't know what it is that brings up such aggression in me. I actually read an article somewhere that it's easy to de-humanize other drivers because very often, we're not able to make eye contact and form any sort of connection.. all we see when we're driving is a big piece of metal riding your ass acting like a douchebag. It made sense to me... whenever I actually looked the other driver in the eye, I felt a twinge of guilt for said road rage.

I blame most of my problems on the fact that South Carolina drivers are the worst in the country (an actual documented fact, BTW). You cannot go under 85 on the highways here or else you're ran off the road. Also, why would I go slow when I can go fast? I can't stand going slow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally zone out. Super passive at all times. Don't understand road rangers - I'm not engaged when I'm driving at all so I can't get mad. Dunno

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    Literally zone out. Super passive at all times. Don't understand road rangers - I'm not engaged when I'm driving at all so I can't get mad. Dunno
    that's kinda scary...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grandma
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel Dennett wrote in his book about free will that the idea that we didn't have control over what we did means that, when you're driving along the freeway, you're just relying on some electrical impulses to not tell someone to steer a car directly into you. Isn't that freaky?

I wonder what road rage was like back in the day when we had horses and coach drivers who could see and talk to each other.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    Daniel Dennett wrote in his book about free will that the idea that we didn't have control over what we did means that, when you're driving along the freeway, you're just relying on some electrical impulses to not tell someone to steer a car directly into you. Isn't that freaky?

I wonder what road rage was like back in the day when we had horses and coach drivers who could see and talk to each other.
    people would smile and nod, lift their hats to each other, wave, let each other pass with a gracious extension of the arm...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    that's kinda scary...
    im still aware, just not engaged -- if i've ever driven the route before i'll be like that. first time driving anywhere im more aware but i just dont see how people can be super aggressive drivers all the time it must be tiring. driving is a peaceful time for me

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    How do I drive? On highways I generally go 20-30 miles over the speed limit and am either spacing out daydreaming on autopilot or in the zone dodging through traffic. In pedestrian zones, I'm pretty tame and go the speed limit and am quite safe, however I get angry quite a bit at other drivers. I've flipped off many people in my time and almost got into a fist fight with a driver this past autumn. I can drive for long periods of time over long distances non-stop. A few times I've driven from San Francisco to Northern Washington in a day no problem. I used to drive a Cadillac Eldorado in high school and loved rallying that thing during winter during a blizzard. Drifting bends covered in snow is so much fun. With the exception of handicap spaces I park wherever I want and usually get away with it. My campus requires a paid parking permit that's like 270 dollars year round and I haven't paid for one in like a year and a half. I've been ticketed once. I was in a car chase by the police in high school where I attempted to hide my car and ran on foot into the wilderness only to be caught the next day at school -- but I didn't get in trouble for some reason -- only a speeding ticket. When I was young and dumb I used to smoke a lot of weed while driving -- but I never do that now. Now I drive safe for the most part. So in general I drive fast, am a bit reckless/aggressive -- and can drive for long periods of time.

Oh and I blare my music all the time
    He's a FIEND!!!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drive fast if the highway is sufficiently free. I drive defensively when there's traffic. Getting killed in a car accident looks like a very idiotic way to die. That being said, I often drive on german highways where there are no speed limits, thus...

I drive slowly in urban areas tho
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I drive fast if the highway is sufficiently free. I drive defensively when there's traffic. Getting killed in a car accident looks like a very idiotic way to die. That being said, I often drive on german highways where there are no speed limits, thus...

I drive slowly in urban areas tho
    Knowing people who have died in car accidents I have to say I don't completely agree with this for every case. Even when it was their own actions that led to it. My friend was killed when he stepped into the street and another friend hit him with his car. I could look at it as they both did idiotic things that led to death but it is too tragic for me to think that and I have to wipe those thoughts from my mind.

Yesterday, my brother (IEI) asked to use the car to go to the store. I had a really, really bad feeling, about him driving, so I said I would drive. As I was making my left hand turn another driver ran the red light and came inches from hitting us. If I hadn't swerved just enough to let the guy know he was an idiot, it might have been tragic. He was going fast and I was driving slow. I just know if my brother had taken the car he would have been in an accident. He doesn't have the same experience and reflexes I have. He was so angry, and ranting, for like an hour after it happened but I was feeling at peace about the whole incident.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowing people who have died in car accidents I have to say I don't completely agree with this for every case. Even when it was their own actions that led to it. My friend was killed when he stepped into the street and another friend hit him with his car. I could look at it as they both did idiotic things that led to death but it is too tragic for me to think that and I have to wipe those thoughts from my mind.
    Well it's an idiotic way to get killed if you are the one causing your own death. If someone else kills you ofc you're not at fault.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit