TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 8

A couple of thoughts on Enneagram 8

I actually already covered up all enneagrams, but this one is my favourite video.

feel free to check my channel for more and follow

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

young 8. <3

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    8w7

Sounds 9 + 7. No 8 in that.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The accuracy.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The accuracy.

Video demo of this concept:

Michael Cera's anger (6w7 IEE)

vs. Sam Donaldson's anger (8w9 SEE)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    E9 for "live life to the fullest because soon you're gonna be dead"? What are you smoking? (Especially with the line get good and angry. Are 9s physically capable of feeling anger? I would almost have done this as 7w8 but it says to fully live out the bad along with the good while 7 just wants to escape the bad, and this also vibes really "gut-ish" and down to earth rather than "head-y" like E7 imo. 9 is even worse than 7, because in addition to being "positive outlook", they just escape everything, period through utter apathy.)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For 2-integration (from self to others, ego fixation: vengeance --> holy truth after Ichazo)

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Actually that sort of "inspirational" kind of quote that tells you how you should live life is quite irritating.

E9 for "live life to the fullest because soon you're gonna be dead"? What are you smoking? (Especially with the line get good and angry. Are 9s physically capable of feeling anger? I would almost have done this as 7w8 but it says to fully live out the bad along with the good while 7 just wants to escape the bad, and this also vibes really "gut-ish" and down to earth rather than "head-y" like E7 imo. 9 is even worse than 7, because in addition to being "positive outlook", they just escape everything, period through utter apathy.)
    Jesus, almighty.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

A 9 once told me, "9 is the angriest type". They hide their wants/needs/judgements for others to see, to not inadvertently cut people. When they do that, they feel unseen, which builds up anger, but then that anger feels unacceptable to express. So they push it down and builds on the repressed rage, also creates anxiety and hurt.
    Sp 9s feel like they have to suck it up, but still they definitely have FEELINGS.

sx 9:

9s do not escape everything. 9s feel as strongly as any other type, on the inside. 9s get depressed. 9s get anxious. But most of all 9s get ANGRY. Their anger does slip out, my dad is a 9w1 and he has hit me and pulled my hair and yelled at me and my sister. I was way more scared of him than my mom who doesn't even have 9 in her tritype.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne
    Indeed. Actually that sort of "inspirational" kind of quote that tells you how you should live life is quite irritating.
    ...it's a quote from an Ernest Hemingway book, so it's not really meant that way. Not on the main topic of the thread, I do think I've figured how a way to tell sensors from intuitives though, since people who are typed as intuitive seem to be like "this quote isn't 9-ish!" when asked while sensors seem to mostly be noticing the background picture/general presentation. Is this one any different?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...it's a quote from an Ernest Hemingway book, so it's not really meant that way. Not on the main topic of the thread, I do think I've figured how a way to tell sensors from intuitives though, since people who are typed as intuitive seem to be like "this quote isn't 9-ish!" when asked while sensors seem to mostly be noticing the background picture/general presentation. Is this one any different?

The background change does nothing but makes the reading more difficult and irritating. It's umcomfortable to read with those fonts, and it's tacky as hell.You probably have noticed by now that sensors are highly visual, therefore we're picky. Using fire ans skulls won't make an image more 8ish, it just looks tryhard.

Really, I love Ernest Hemingway (why did you put his name in Italics though? To make a point?), him, Frost and Poe are the only ones whom poetry I read from, but that quote is not Enneagram 8. Compare it to the ones found here for example https://br.pinterest.com/jessicadoig/enneagram-type-8/, and the difference in mindset is apparent.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8w7

Nope. Sounds more 7ish.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    The background change does nothing but makes the reading more difficult and irritating. It's umcomfortable to read with those fonts, and it's tacky as hell.You probably have noticed by now that sensors are highly visual, therefore we're picky. Using fire ans skulls won't make an image more 8ish, it just looks tryhard.

Really, I love Ernest Hemingway (why did you put his name in Italics though? To make a point?), him, Frost and Poe are the only ones whom poetry I read from, but that quote is not Enneagram 8. Compare it to the ones found here for example https://br.pinterest.com/jessicadoig/enneagram-type-8/, and the difference in mindset is apparent.

I know it doesn't match those, but it comes off a bit more sort of heavy and steady to me than E7, which is super flighty, and 9 is about feeling calm and keeping the peace, and is withdrawn as well, while this come off assertive to me. Maybe not every quote has an enneagram type. I thought at least the author Hemingway would be 8w7 since he's type though.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ex nihilo View Post
    I know it doesn't match those, but it comes off a bit more sort of heavy and steady to me than E7, which is super flighty, and 9 is about feeling calm and keeping the peace, and is withdrawn as well, while this come off assertive to me. Maybe not every quote has an enneagram type. I thought at least the author Hemingway would be 8w7 since he's type though.
    8's are not steady, we are volatile so the opposite, really. Things are moving inside us all the time making waves of different sizes and intensities, you just can't see it. And not every ego has 8 in their stacking. Not that Hemingway is a confirmed Se type either, but there's that.

Now this is what 8 is about

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

integrated 8>2

there is hope for 8s!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moral man I used to be has died
    There's gods inside my fist tonight

I really need to watch the show for the latter sometime, sounds right up my alley from what I've heard

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Attachment 9948
    sx/sp 8

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

8w9 SP/SO contre-jour.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    8w9 SP/SO contre-jour.

this is perf

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    this is perf
    The illustrator is called Karolis Strautniekas. Here are some more:

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Much better than posting a kid throwing a tantrum (which is funny, but are there any kids who don't do that)?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne I don't think this sort of wild, neurotic control freak image is the best representation of E8 at all. I think that's more counterphobic 6 than anything.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    @Chae Much better than posting a kid throwing a tantrum (which is funny, but are there any kids who don't do that)?
    8w9 SP/SO always reminds me of calm, but also the dignity of charge. They're synflow, so there is a very grounded feel to it, tantrums are not what predominantly characterizes them. 8w9 SP avoids the tantrum in order to not lose their power and relaxation. I can only speak in 4 terms about them, they're special. I think I found some of the essence in these pictures.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Yeah, that's how I think of E8 too (even if my last post might've come off a bit as taking a hit at Ghost, I'm mostly just happy that someone else associates "steady and in charge" with E8 rather than a description that only makes me think of an old teacher I once had where I'm sure we all know that type of person).

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    @LuckyOne I don't think this sort of wild, neurotic control freak image is the best representation of E8 at all. I think that's more counterphobic 6 than anything.
    What the heck are you're talking about? I haven't posted anything in this thread that excuses or justifies this personal attack. And yes, using ad hominem to challenge my typing makes you a great level headed and honorable example of an 8,very logical.

Consider yourself reported.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More on 8 SP, this time: contraflow - in tattoos. The 8 SP/SX harbors protective, noir figures who roam free. Scenery is often connected to death and survival. 8 SP/SX, of earthy-fiery (hence, volcanic) nature takes its place as the most fearless and independent enneagram combination, having a wild and galvanized strength.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

brain candy @Chae !

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0:49 onward

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Whoever said that 8s are calm and steady: that's def not true. 8s are not calm and steady. that's 9 or possibly 1. 8s have bad control of their anger and dont care to control it usually.

Level 5: Begin to dominate their environment, including others: want to feel that others are behind them, supporting their efforts. Swaggering, boastful, forceful, and expansive: the "boss" whose word is law. Proud, egocentric, want to impose their will and vision on everything, not seeing others as equals or treating them with respect.

Level 6: Become highly combative and intimidating to get their way: confrontational, belligerent, creating adversarial relationships. Everything a test of wills, and they will not back down. Use threats and reprisals to get obedience from others, to keep others off balance and insecure. However, unjust treatment makes others fear and resent them, possibly also band together against them.

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Defying any attempt to control them, become completely ruthless, dictatorial, "might makes right." The criminal and outlaw, renegade, and con-artist. Hard-hearted, immoral and potentially violent.

Level 8: Develop delusional ideas about their power, invincibility, and ability to prevail: megalomania, feeling omnipotent, invulnerable. Recklessly over-extending self.

Level 9: If they get in danger, they may brutally destroy everything that has not conformed to their will rather than surrender to anyone else. Vengeful, barbaric, murderous. Sociopathic tendencies. Generally corresponds to the Antisocial Personality Disorder.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whoever said that 8s are calm and steady: that's def not true. 8s are not calm and steady. that's 9 or possibly 1. 8s have bad control of their anger and dont care to control it usually.
    @Ghost, you forgot to include the healthy levels of eights:

Type Eight—Levels of Development

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Level 2: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: have learned to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive.

Level 3: Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength.

I think I'm somewhere between level 2 and 3. I doubt if I'm going to achieve historical greatness.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Ghost, you forgot to include the healthy levels of eights:

Type Eight—Levels of Development

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Level 2: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: have learned to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive.

Level 3: Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength.

I think I'm somewhere between level 2 and 3. I doubt if I'm going to achieve historical greatness.
    People very rarely reach healthy levels. The vast majority of humanity are average to unhealthy.

Notice that only at LEVEL 1, the level of extreme health, does 8 become self-restrained. This is why i said 8s are aggressive and 99.9 percent of the time dont care to control their meanness and aggression.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People very rarely reach healthy levels. The vast majority of humanity are average to unhealthy.

Notice that only at LEVEL 1, the level of extreme health, does 8 become self-restrained. This is why i said 8s are aggressive and 99.9 percent of the time dont care to control their meanness and aggression.
    Yeah, assessing types from Level 1 is pointless. Unless you are some kind of monk, or devote yourself to improving psychological health, you aren't going to see this. 8s are OKAY in short bursts, but you have to have thick skin to deal with them. One of the more problematic Enneagram types in their dealings with others.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8s tend to be calm and steady in a "I know better than you so allow me" way when they feel at ease. They also avoid projecting insecurity where possible (although it's frankly a "you're not fooling anybody" thing sometimes). The 8s I've interacted with tend to act like they're already dominant and only start getting aggressive if you challenge that position.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Story of Type 8
    - Tom Condon

"I once saw a TV interview with an Eight who had worked as a telephone bill collector. His job was to find people who had defaulted on credit cards and loans and to pressure them until they paid. He role-played the way he had been on the job for the interviewing reporter who pretended to be broke.

As he began, the Eight’s eyes hardened and narrowed and his mouth curled cruelly. He started to forcefully grill the reporter as to why he had not paid his bill, peppering his questions with insults, accusing the reporter of being able to pay his bill anyway and demanding that he borrow the money from relatives. It was clear the Eight had been good at the job; in character he was both merciless and relentless, like a hunter chasing down his prey until it collapsed exhausted and died in the dirt.

The Eight was on TV to expose the bill collection industry’s unfair practices and warn his former victims about their rights. He had had a change of heart which he dated to a specific incident: one day he had decided to make his phone calls from home rather than the office. He went into his predatory mode and began hounding people for money. After a half-hour he looked down to see his four-year-old son staring at him in wide-eyed terror. The boy ran out of the room and refused to go near his father for two days.

The Eight was so shaken by his son’s reaction that he vowed to leave the business. Though this had happened many years before, during the interview the man began to cry. His effect on his son had touched him powerfully and mirrored his relationship with himself. He had decided to protect the people he had been persecuting, to save them from people like him. And save himself from himself."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast