Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta irrational dual pair (IEE & SLI) - Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta irrational dual pair (IEE & SLI) - Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan

Here are a few videos where you can see them:

https://screen.yahoo.com/daily-shot-...151209869.html

http://vimeo.com/22078360

And damn, I'm not the only IEE around who annoys people to death with his obsessive ideas (see 3:30):

Like, LOL
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm, I do see introvert and extrovert but they both seem ethical so far. And what's up with him in that Yahoo video, he seems kinda restless. Oh, nevermind, seems he has Parkinson's or something.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty smooth dude.

"When things weren't going that well, I used to always hate when some young guy about my age would drive by in those sports cars, you know, those fancy sports cars with the big tires and everything? I used to hate those jerks. So I went out and bought one. *smiles*"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

no SLI and EIE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    no SLI and EIE
    Which is EIE? I think MJF likely is which would be an okay typing seeing as that's IEE quasi-identical. What I quoted was me sorta showing possible HA. I don't think they're conflictors though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Which is EIE? I think MJF likely is which would be an okay typing seeing as that's IEE quasi-identical. What I quoted was me sorta showing possible HA. I don't think they're conflictors though.
    his wife
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ahhh, the good ol' days. When the old farts were all in agreement with their typings and all was well.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no SLI and EIE
    Conflictors?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This idea that those two are conflictors is ludicrous.

I watched this whole video and found they have a wonderful connection, easy, unspoken communication, they seem to be the same person in two different bodies. She lets him speak for them both and seems to uphold the foundation. He references her at times and in doing so she just beams rays of love out of her eyes. They seem to understand one another so well and I would be hard pressed to believe conflictors would stay in a marriage together if one partner succumbs to a debilitating, chronic illness. No break downs of egos inadvertently tugging at each others weaknesses, like conflictors might. They seem strong and stronger for having each other. Even the way Michael describes meeting her way back when he says "he had to have her, just look at her". No missteps here.
    Last edited by wacey; 01-20-2015 at 07:20 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Conflictors?
    Yes. Delta sli and iee duals are Naomi watts (iee) and her husband
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post

I watched this whole video and found they have a wonderful connection, easy, unspoken communication, they seem to be the same person in two different bodies. She lets him speak for them both and seems to uphold the foundation. He references her at times and in doing so she just beams rays of love out of her eyes. They seem to understand one another so well and I would be hard pressed to believe conflictors would stay in a marriage together if one partner succumbs to a debilitating, chronic illness. No break downs of egos inadvertently tugging at each others weaknesses, like conflictors might. They seem strong and stronger for having each other. Even the way Michael describes meeting her way back when he says "he had to have her, just look at her". No missteps here.
    I'm not saying that they don't love each other I'm saying that they have a relationship of conflictory
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI/EIE ime the SLI gradually pulls away and the EIE becomes bitter and spiteful. Eventually the SLI wouldn't participate in EIE's life what-so-ever, love or not. I doubt they would even be at a public interview, the SLI would have stubbornly stayed at home at that point. As she was over time demoralized to the point of complete obstinacy.

Michael doesn't produce any Ni in any of the interviews I have observed of him. He plays to the audience, sure, yet only in clever responsive ways like a Fe demonstrative. He "thinly feeling least changed mood, easily associates, wonderfully he works with people". His conversations always turn to introverted feeling, how he reacts internally, how others react internally towards him. He is known for being personable in a way IEE are as well. He is such a clear infantile erotically and this is very apparent with his wife that she is a caregiver, she even says she worries about "the practical stuff" or "smalll stuff" all the time for both of them. When the parkinsons started, he actually went to Tracey to tell him what is going on. He is very clearly both mobilized and suggestive towards her. Further, he has that slight negativism in his speech which is found in ENFj true, but taken into account all the other clues like his vibrant humanistic slant, I think its the IEE type. He bounces around from one topic to the next with very clear Ep temperament. He even trips up on Ti when he is asked to describe the scientific advances up to this point regarding Parkinson's.

"If i didn't have Tracey, I might have made darker choices, instead of moving towards the light".

On a side note, he is literally a national hero in my country. I love that man, he is a living angel.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All you have to do is look at her temperament. Not restless and very much Ej
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey Your video is very good. I agree that they are not conflictors. A few thoughts about his video:

I wish I was as calm and silent and still as Tracy. She seems more perceiving than me. She is more like my SEI sister in law than me.

If you notice, he is doing most of the talking. That has never been characteristic of my conversations with my SLI friends. In an interview like that one, I would be either contibuting my own opinions or at least nodding my head or saying thats right, etc.

He seems more like my LSI friend than an SLI. I dont know much about him, but I will try to to investigate.
    Last edited by Iris; 01-21-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tribute.ca/interviews/eli...ie/star/26181/

Elisabeth Shue is a good example of what an EIE looks like in an interview. Including the fidgety movements.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    http://www.tribute.ca/interviews/eli...ie/star/26181/

Elisabeth Shue is a good example of what an EIE looks like in an interview. Including the fidgety movements.
    EIE are Ej temperament.

Iris sometimes I wonder about you. I just don't get you. You have all the information at hand to think about things yet you always manage to come up with some outlandish conclusion. WiWwy?
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE are Ej temperament.

Iris sometimes I wonder about you. I just don't get you. You have all the information at hand to think about things yet you always manage to come up with some outlandish conclusion. WiWwy?
    I do understand that EIEs are EJ temperament.

What is it about my post that you think is outlandish?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outlandish... is Maritsa's hat.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iris, I believe OP's suggestion was IEE for Fox and SLI for Pollan. (in case you thought it was the other way around)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Iris, I believe OP's suggestion was IEE for Fox and SLI for Pollan. (in case you thought it was the other way around)
    Hi Park!

I got the impression from post # 6 in this thread, that Maritsa believes Tracy Pollan to be EIE. And in post #14 she says her temperament is not very restless and very much EJ. So I was responding to that with an example of what I beleive is an example of EJ behavior in EIEs.

Regarding the OP, that makes more sense than them being conflictors.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this whole video and found they have a wonderful connection, easy, unspoken communication, they seem to be the same person in two different bodies. She lets him speak for them both and seems to uphold the foundation. He references her at times and in doing so she just beams rays of love out of her eyes. They seem to understand one another so well and I would be hard pressed to believe Conflictors would stay in a marriage together if one partner succumbs to a debilitating, chronic illness. No break downs of egos inadvertently tugging at each others weaknesses, like conflictors might. They seem strong and stronger for having each other. Even the way Michael describes meeting her way back when he says "he had to have her, just look at her". No missteps here.
    Yes, i agree, this harmony from the beginning cannot be Conflictors; I don't know if Conflictors could EVER arrive at this harmony. My sis-in-law is doing well with her Conflictor after years of conflict but its more like a truce they have, avoiding certain topics, a determination to nit fight and stay on peaceful grounds. But this kind of relationship between these two cannot be Conflict, for sure. They do have a Duality vibe. Now which Duals, I am not sure. I can sort of relate to her - possibly she is IEE. But I am not sure. But I am not sure. I won't vote on a type here since I am not getting a strong feeling about it. Though I wonder if its an IEE-Fi/SLI-Te?? What do you think, @applejacks?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Park!

I got the impression from post # 6 in this thread, that Maritsa believes Tracy Pollan to be EIE. And in post #14 she says her temperament is not very restless and very much EJ. So I was responding to that with an example of what I beleive is an example of EJ behavior in EIEs.

Regarding the OP, that makes more sense than them being conflictors.
    Ah. I don't read Maritsa's posts.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see IEE for MJF and SLI for Tracy. It's a little strange seeing their types and relationship manifested in the opposite gender as myself and my husband, but from a purely gut instinct and from observing how they act in front of others, how they dress, and they compliment and communicate together, it makes sense to me. There is almost something rigid about Tracy, despite her humor and effort to be light hearted that reminds me of my SLI. Also, she seems to have more sensory in her element of dress yet with restrain and conservation, which also fits SLI in my experience.

I dunno. Just my observation.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey Your video is very good. I agree that they are not conflictors. A few thoughts about his video:

I wish I was as calm and silent and still as Tracy. She seems more perceiving than me. She is more like my SEI sister in law than me.

If you notice, he is doing most of the talking. That has never been characteristic of my conversations with my SLI friends. In an interview like that one, I would be either contibuting my own opinions or at least nodding my head or saying thats right, etc.

He seems more like my LSI friend than an SLI. I dont know much about him, but I will try to to investigate.
    Lol, Iris! I was saying Michael is the IEE, Tracey is the SLI. Taken in THAT light, what would you say?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Iris! I was saying Michael is the IEE, Tracey is the SLI. Taken in THAT light, what would you say?
    My remarks were directed more at Maritsa's EIE typing for Tracy. Before posting, I realized that I needed to distinguish your video from the others, so I inserted the mention of you. Thanks again for finding that good video.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I just don't know much about him, or her, for that matter. So most of my observations have taken the elimination route, But your IEE/SLI typing could be correct. He seems very toned down for an IEE. But I guess that life, and Parkinson's disease might do that to you.
    Last edited by Iris; 01-22-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duals exist?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I do understand that EIEs are EJ temperament.

What is it about my post that you think is outlandish?
    Ej is restless which is this...Leonardo Dicaprio is ESTj which is wanting to get up out of your seat; what Ep is fidgety which is swiveling in your seat. Matt Damon is Ep...he doesn't want to get up and go from his seat which is like shifting from one side of the seat to the other, but moving wiggling, etc lol

Don't argue that Leo isn't Te, what he observed, the actions by Matt, in front of him is telling enough. Ej is also what Leo does which is sudden look at his hand and put it down, the movements are sudden and sharp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhA...Pgmuw&index=20

Elizabeth Shue is more fidgety which is Ep
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ej is restless which is this...Leonardo Dicaprio is ESTj which is wanting to get up out of your seat; what Ep is fidgety which is swiveling in your seat. Matt Damon is Ep...he doesn't want to get up and go from his seat which is like shifting from one side of the seat to the other, but moving wiggling, etc lol

Don't argue that Leo isn't Te, what he observed, the actions by Matt, in front of him is telling enough. Ej is also what Leo does which is sudden look at his hand and put it down, the movements are sudden and sharp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhA...Pgmuw&index=20

Elizabeth Shue is more fidgety which is Ep
    I am sorry but I cant understand the difference between some of the distinctions in body movements that you are trying to make in your post. Thank you for trying to clarify.

I think that Matt Damon is LSE and Dicaprio is SEE. Reading about Damon's life, it is easy to see his Delta values.

The Elisabeth Shue video was to merely demonstrate the physical rigidity/awkwardness that is similar to mine (EIE) in contrast to Tracy Pollan's more relaxed IP demeanor.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can see Michael J. Fox as IEE. This isn't necessarily so, but it does seem to fit. For Tracey, I can sort of see her as SLI, but I can also see her as EIE. Probably the latter more so. She has this smooth, relaxed vibe, but she also has this "oh silly Michael". It seems like a very nice relationship though, and they do seem to love one another. They seem to have similar, yet diverging life views, like those of a quasi-identical. They seem like they have to work on similar projects together to stay engaged instead of just enjoying the company of one another. But I could be wrong.

It's easy to love your dual, but maybe relationships that are more difficult are more rewarding.

I also don't see DiCaprio and Damon as being that different. Maybe they are both Ej or some other temperament. They vibe very similarly, even if they are quite distinct as individuals.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I can see Michael J. Fox as IEE. This isn't necessarily so, but it does seem to fit. For Tracey, I can sort of see her as SLI, but I can also see her as EIE. Probably the latter more so. She has this smooth, relaxed vibe, but she also has this "oh silly Michael". It seems like a very nice relationship though, and they do seem to love one another. They seem to have similar, yet diverging life views, like those of a quasi-identical. They seem like they have to work on similar projects together to stay engaged instead of just enjoying the company of one another. But I could be wrong.

It's easy to love your dual, but maybe relationships that are more difficult are more rewarding.
    I'm curious, what do you all picture SLI as looking like?

That duality pair is all about space, with both of them giving each other lots of space when its necessary. That is usually regulated by the adept, creative Fi of the IEE. No moulding of personalities such as what happens with other dual pairs. The bolded is, ime, exactly how an SLI treats their infantile extroverted partner. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That duality pair is all about space, with both of them giving each other lots of space when its necessary. That is usually regulated by the adept, creative Fi of the IEE. No moulding of personalities such as what happens with other dual pairs. The bolded is, ime, exactly how an SLI treats their infantile extroverted partner. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Honestly, I have trouble spotting an SLI. I think my wife is one, but she may be LSE. I used to think she was ESI, but I think i was mistakening her Te for Se somehow. It's even tougher because of gender role expectations. I'm the playful one that can console the kids and she's what I jokingly call the "great task master" that makes sure bills are always paid and everyone makes it to their appointment. I could easily do those things too, but it is something she naturally wants dominion over and makes her feel fulfilled for some reason. But her Te seems to be on only part of the time, like what I would expect from SLIs. When it's off, we get along much, much better because playtime and work time can conflict. I think my wife tries to fill a more feminine role without actually becoming what is seen as traditionally feminine, as I try and fill a more masculine role, once I'm done playing video games with the kids, by fixing things and killing spiders. We both downplay our gender opposite tendencies a bit, meaning I try to appear more "logical" and she more "ethical".

I think I was having the same misconception with Tracey. She seems to be playing out a feminine role, and does so gracefully, without coming across as overly feminine. Te has a "bite" to it, or a certain directness or bluntness to it, which is made a little less so by being a creative as opposed to a dominant function. I think a female that is conscious of that may try to downplay it a little. I think you're right. Tracy is likely SLI.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, man.

Just for fun I'd say SLI are like big imbeciles who are wandering in the woods some day alone. They stumble across a nest and find an unhatched egg. They take this egg home and diligently incubate it until one day it hatches. It's a baby IEE. The tiny chick grows to love its SLI adopted caregiver and the SLI imbecile takes care of it with all its heart. Here is a little bird that can freely fly away, but guess what? It chooses to stay right where the SLI wants it, on their shoulder. (Little does the SLI know that this IEE only pretends it can fly, in fact it is totally reliant on the SLI at this point, it has not grown its flight feathers yet).

And so the two become inseparable. The bird sings its songs which amuse and entertain the SLI, and the SLI gains a friend who seems to be endlessly entertaining, affectionate, and by some weird chance loves the imbecile unconditionally. So what if there are a few issues, such as when the birds squawks annoyingly to get its needs met? Or that it seems to forget all about the SLI when other people come over to visit? Or that its ultra alert all the time and notices every sound? Or that so much of what it says and does make no sense? Because at the end of the day its the SLI that the bird chooses to roost beside. Who and what else in all the world would and could notice the peaceful little SLI imbecile?

And look how many words the bird has learned? It just talks and squawks and chatters and clicks and screams, and it never expects the SLI to say a thing in return, except maybe feed it some seeds like millet, which is its favourite. The nice thing is that when the SLI wants some peace and quite he just throws a blanket over the IEE cage and he calms right down and goes to sleep. When the SLI is relaxing on the couch, the IEE will entertain itself by preening for hours on end. Luckily it has a short memory.

And so, the SLI imbecile has gained a friend. A bird brained IEE. Soon the bird grows into a beautiful coloured Parrot. And if it some day does fly away, as all Parrots might, at the very least it leaves behind some bright, magnificent feathers for the SLI to covet until the end of their days. Always reminding them of the IEE bird they found and nurtured for a time. A bird that allowed them to fly.

The end.
    Last edited by wacey; 01-23-2015 at 05:27 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    Honestly, I have trouble spotting an SLI. I think my wife is one, but she may be LSE. I used to think she was ESI, but I think i was mistakening her Te for Se somehow. It's even tougher because of gender role expectations. I'm the playful one that can console the kids and she's what I jokingly call the "great task master" that makes sure bills are always paid and everyone makes it to their appointment. I could easily do those things too, but it is something she naturally wants dominion over and makes her feel fulfilled for some reason. But her Te seems to be on only part of the time, like what I would expect from SLIs. When it's off, we get along much, much better because playtime and work time can conflict. I think my wife tries to fill a more feminine role without actually becoming what is seen as traditionally feminine, as I try and fill a more masculine role, once I'm done playing video games with the kids, by fixing things and killing spiders. We both downplay our gender opposite tendencies a bit, meaning I try to appear more "logical" and she more "ethical".

I think I was having the same misconception with Tracey. She seems to be playing out a feminine role, and does so gracefully, without coming across as overly feminine. Te has a "bite" to it, or a certain directness or bluntness to it, which is made a little less so by being a creative as opposed to a dominant function. I think a female that is conscious of that may try to downplay it a little. I think you're right. Tracy is likely SLI.
    You are not the first IEE I have heard talk about gender roles, I wonder if its a type thing?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, man.

Just for fun I'd say SLI are like big imbeciles who are wandering in the woods some day alone. They stumble across a nest and find an unhatched egg. They take this egg home and diligently incubate it until one day it hatches. It's a baby IEE. The tiny chick grows to love its SLI adopted caregiver and the SLI imbecile takes care of it with all its heart. Here is a little bird that can freely fly away, but guess what? It chooses to stay right where the SLI wants it, on their shoulder. (Little does the SLI know that this IEE only pretends it can fly, in fact it is totally reliant on the SLI at this point, it has not grown its flight feathers yet).

And so the two become inseparable. The bird sings its songs which amuse and entertain the SLI, and the SLI gains a friend who seems to be endlessly entertaining, affectionate, and by some weird chance loves the imbecile unconditionally. So what if there are a few issues, such as when the birds squawks annoyingly to get its needs met? Or that it seems to forget all about the SLI when other people come over to visit? Or that its ultra alert all the time and notices every sound? Or that so much of what it says and does make no sense? Because at the end of the day its the SLI that the bird chooses to roost beside. Who and what else in all the world would and could notice the peaceful little SLI imbecile?

And look how many words the bird has learned? It just talks and squawks and chatters and clicks and screams, and it never expects the SLI to say a thing in return, except maybe feed it some seeds like millet, which is its favourite. The nice thing is that when the SLI wants some peace and quite he just throws a blanket over the IEE cage and he calms right down and goes to sleep. When the SLI is relaxing on the couch, the IEE will entertain itself by preening for hours on end. Luckily it has a short memory.

And so, the SLI imbecile has gained a friend. A bird brained IEE. Soon the bird grows into a beautiful coloured Parrot. And if it some day does fly away, as all Parrots might, at the very least it leaves behind some bright, magnificent feathers for the SLI to covet until the end of their days. Always reminding them of the IEE bird they found and nurtured for a time. A bird that allowed them to fly.

The end.
    I want to print this and hang on my wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea of space is a good one. And it is hard for me to give that much space in a situation like that Fox/Pollan interview.

@Jimmers The only time that I, an EIE, would behave that way was if I had been told not to speak, or had no interest in the topic. I dont actually finish people's sentences for them, because I know that is rude, but I am usually very engaged. It rushes and interrupts the smooth perceiving flow. I am pretty sure that IPs find my style disconcerting.

And the kind of space that an IP gives me makes me question whether they are paying attention to what I am saying. Don't get me wrong, I love their chill vibe, so relaxing to be around. But in conversation, I need the laser beam eyes, the more focused attention of an LSI, so that I know that I am being listened to.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey: what were you drinking when you wrote that slushy piece of prosaic poetry?

It's kind of erotic.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the kind of space that an IP gives me makes me question whether they are paying attention to what I am saying. Don't get me wrong, I love their chill vibe, so relaxing to be around. But in conversation, I need the laser beam eyes, the more focused attention of an LSI, so that I know that I am being listened to.
    Attentive listening is important for me, too. And I value clarity and straightforwardness in communication. When I can achieve this with someone, interactions becomes easy, comfortable, and effective.

My problem tends to be listening too attentively and seriously, as people tend to dislike being held to their word and generally don't expect to be thoroughly heard out or taken too seriously. Sadly, most people are full of shit, most of the time.

As for eye contact, I have to say I don't see how that could be an accurate measure of attentiveness. I can look straight into your eyes and not listen to anything you say, and vice versa.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    @wacey: what were you drinking when you wrote that slushy piece of prosaic poetry?

It's kind of erotic.
    - I was saw some of the posts in this thread and just feel there are a few misconceptions of SLIs.
    - This is one sociotype I am very confident about with my knowledge of them.
    - I have a lot of respect for this type, and know the kind of people (duals) that really turn there crank and click well together.
    - Wrote it in like 10 minutes cause if I didn't I would just forget what I wanted to say.
    - There is very little literature on the internet about this duality pairing because they are both somewhat enigmatical types. SLI are not "out" there, they tend to blend into the back ground and as a consequence are sort of forgotten about within the socionics community.
    - IEE are like parrots imo, and SLI can be dopey imbeciles in that they just don't always "advocate" for their own needs, especially when they are not in relationships. They really blossom personally when there is that one person, or small groups of people that include them. They are, imo, very trust worthy and trusting and in this I feel they can get used by others a fair deal. That is why I joking/affectionally refer to them as imbeciles.
    - why not? its supposed to be fun.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I find out if I'm an imbecile?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not park. Its just a story I made up, signifying nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast