Thread: Male ESFj vs ESTp / ESE vs SLE men

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Male ESFj vs ESTp / ESE vs SLE men

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to type some one and the things I'm sure about are: extroverted, sensor, merry and declaring. This leaves ESE or SLE.

Both types seem to not quite fit though.

He seems too nice and cuddly and such to be SLE. (Bad stereotype, perhaps?)
    He seems generally to have beta > alpha values, and is unlike the ESEs I know. (Point two is not really a very good point, I know.)

I had him take an enneagram test and he tied between E2 & E7.

E2 points more to ESE.
    E7 points more toward, well, either.
    Personally, he seems more like a 6 to me.

Any advice on how to distinguish this gentleman's sociotype? Deciding factors between ESE & SLE?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs are really soft as baby shit.

When the dude smiles is it more like shit-eating smirk(SLE), or annoying perma-smile(ESE)?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    SLEs are really soft as baby shit.

When the dude smiles is it more like shit-eating smirk(SLE), or annoying perma-smile(ESE)?
    Lol, more like option 1, or occasionally a "look at the puppy!" smile. <----this is what I mean about the nice cuddly thing.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I view Fe in ExE's as more nuanced or deliberate, and it can sometimes feel like emotional pressure. Whereas Fe-HA can be more of the giddy, childlike sort-of Fe that needs more mirroring in the moment or something.
    Last edited by suedehead; 01-13-2015 at 09:48 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength."

This description of a healthy 8 describes my 2 SLE-Ti friends. The word commanding in the description is situationally accurate. They are not commanding all of the time. And they dont have to be. The people in their orbit don't always need to be commanded. One of them could possibly be mistaken for a 2. The other could possibly be mistaken for a 6. They are mostly quiet, even tempered and very nice to be around.

My SLE-Se friend is not as healthy. The persona she cultivates is that of an outgoing funny friendly person. But she can change to harsh and demanding in a heartbeat, a huge contrast to the friendly persona. If you dont cross her, you will probably never see the harsh side. She can also be dismissive of your needs and of social niceties if it suits her. She could be mistaken for a 7.

I think what distinguishes them as 8s, is that underneath their various veneers, at the most basic level, they need to be in control.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the differences I can currently tell between these two male types from my interations is that SLEs don't understand some limits should not be crossed, in order to avoid pissing someone off. And what I mean by that, I am not a private person, just basically any SLE I know asks too many questions sometimes, they quickly go to "when", "where" and "how much"? While obviously, you answer only if you want to, there is no option they give to you to avoid an answer other than breaking it to them you just don't want to provide it to them - at least that is the only way I can find. They have no problem with direct opposition, they don't take it personally, just it's not that polite, IMO.

The SLE is direct - you are free to do what you want, in the end, it is not their responsibility for your decisions. ESEs are tactful, careful to how you feel, they don't want to intrude and spoil your openness, the most important thing in their interaction with people. Also, ESE males are among the most chivalrous towards women of them all, overall, in my opinion more so than SEI and EIE, and more genuine than LSI. SLEs tend to be quite sloppy in this respect, though they don't hide their thoughts, and when they really believe women are our golden treasure, they can be quite poetic.

Visually, SLEs are chill (unless you tell a false general fact[*]), now here's how an ESE (also EIE) looks like then they tell "serious" shit of theirs:

ESE males are more likely than SLE to remember the birthdays of more people than the closest ones.
    ---
    [*] - by "general fact" I mean something that not just occurred to you or someone you know, but which blatantly contradicts their or the common knowledge.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

ESE

You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. The latter definitely looks - and I think O'Reilly is - LSE, not ESE.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model