TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-Ni vs IEI-Fe

Hi all,
    I was pondering on the nature of Ni in IEIs.
    Could it be that the difference between the introverted and the extroverted subtype revolves around how strong the impact of the creative function is?
    Example.
    IEI-Ni could be like a quasar, distant from reality, needing to be dragged down with a powerful telescope. Or a soft mist, ethereal and impalpable, with an aftertaste of an ancient echo.
    IEI-Fe could be like a rainbow, closer to the ground and visible with naked eye, needing a specific touch of reality to be brought to life and show it’s brilliance, colorful and emotional still delicately elusive.
    They both feel like sprites, nymphs or fairies but with a different nature… one more ethereal the other more emotional.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrrm. Probably the Ni one.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An IEI-Fe won't surprise you when they get really expressive.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really figurative description of rainbows and quasars (?) is confusing to me. I just feel like a person, haha. Not sure if I am Ni or Fe though! I do feel pretty distant from reality so I resonate with your description in that way.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

In a nutshell, IEI-Ni can come across as an NT, IEI-Fe as an SF.

I have often been accused of "perhaps being a Logical type". My ESI friend (who does not know about Socionics) once told me she thought I had different interests/tastes or be sort of different. I must have seemed like an ILI from afar.

I see IEI-Fe people being more upfront with their Fe, they wear it more on their sleeve so to speak. Actually, I'd say generally your subtype is what you usually wear on your sleeve and bring forward, it is like your favourite badge you show to the world. In my case, it takes me to be in a more familiar setting until I tap into my Fe. I am still effortless with my Fe, but I will not exude it as willingly and as much like an IEI-Fe does.

IEI-Fe people often get mistaken for EIE or SEI or ESE.
    IEI-Ni people often get mistaken for ILI or LII.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rainbows are often created by mist.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Actually, I'd say generally your subtype is what you usually wear on your sleeve and bring forward, it is like your favourite badge you show to the world.
    Well put.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compared to IEI-Fe, IEI-Ni is more stable, more feminine looking, more playful, more gentle, and better with logic and analysis, organizing things, and is more original.

IEI-Fe is slightly less private and has lower need for privacy, but they can be very emotionally unstable and it stays with them a long time and they're more open about it. They're also less adaptable and a bit more judgmental, and more moralistic, and less able to see the good in everything. They're also much less original and their work is less elegant. They have a more commanding voice and they're less easy-going (especially internally) and less observant, less aware of what's out there than the Ni sub.

But since they're both Ip, ethical types, and Ni egos, they're both likely to have less emotionally stability than most types, although as I said the Ni subtype is much more self-controlled and quite a bit less internally strained and a bit more able to see the good; they don't fixate on flaws anywhere near as much as the Fe subtype.

I'm really wondering if I'm an IEI-Fe, someone suggested it and it kind of makes sense. But there are LSI who are quite emotional, especially the Ti subtype. My dad is an EIE-Fe and my mom is an LSI-Ti... my dad doesn't take things as seriously as my mom does, although sometimes my mom doesn't take things seriously. I'm somewhere in between. I've had stronger empathy/sympathy and felt more connection to certain people than my mom does, had more intense love and hate and my dad usually doesn't verbalize his feelings. But I can't always, always act on my empathy, because I have to do things for my own well-being and really I appreciate justice quite a lot.

I could be a disturbed IEI, LSI, or ESI... I'm not sure, but it's one of those three. It seems like my exact dual is SLE-Ti, although they have more problems with me than I do with them and many SLE-Ti have really disliked me. ILE-Ti have more problems with me, but I usually love them. I've pretty much always felt like I needed some kind of gentle Ti and Te, and that was what I was seeking. I really need a woman who is good with both sensing and thinking and has good insight while being much more emotionally stable than me... that and the beauty and playfulness and originality and open-mindedness of LSI-Se, ILE-Ti, and SLE-Ti (at least ones that are less narcissistic and more tolerant of my clumsiness) and their willingness to help with me practical things is why they work best for me.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are rainbows and distant from the reality. Yet as if the former, which is Ni, is slightly having an indifferent towards emotion, while being drawn towards melancholy. The latter is rather ro be a circle which needs to be moved by the radiation of sun to be engaging in a day-to-day life. It's rather of uh,... sepia vs vignette in a picture of rainbow. But eh, overall, IEI-Ni is less obnoxious than the Fe subtype.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 12-24-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    IEI-Fe people often get mistaken for EIE or SEI or ESE.
    IEI-Ni people often get mistaken for ILI or LII.
    If mistaken for anything I am indeed usually mistaken for an EIE or SEI. I don't think anyone's ever suggested ESE for me before
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐