TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-Ni vs IEI-Fe

Hi all,
    I was pondering on the nature of Ni in IEIs.
    Could it be that the difference between the introverted and the extroverted subtype revolves around how strong the impact of the creative function is?
    Example.
    IEI-Ni could be like a quasar, distant from reality, needing to be dragged down with a powerful telescope. Or a soft mist, ethereal and impalpable, with an aftertaste of an ancient echo.
    IEI-Fe could be like a rainbow, closer to the ground and visible with naked eye, needing a specific touch of reality to be brought to life and show it’s brilliance, colorful and emotional still delicately elusive.
    They both feel like sprites, nymphs or fairies but with a different nature… one more ethereal the other more emotional.

TIM
    INTp ILI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrrm. Probably the Ni one.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An IEI-Fe won't surprise you when they get really expressive.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really figurative description of rainbows and quasars (?) is confusing to me. I just feel like a person, haha. Not sure if I am Ni or Fe though! I do feel pretty distant from reality so I resonate with your description in that way.

TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

In a nutshell, IEI-Ni can come across as an NT, IEI-Fe as an SF.

I have often been accused of "perhaps being a Logical type". My ESI friend (who does not know about Socionics) once told me she thought I had different interests/tastes or be sort of different. I must have seemed like an ILI from afar.

I see IEI-Fe people being more upfront with their Fe, they wear it more on their sleeve so to speak. Actually, I'd say generally your subtype is what you usually wear on your sleeve and bring forward, it is like your favourite badge you show to the world. In my case, it takes me to be in a more familiar setting until I tap into my Fe. I am still effortless with my Fe, but I will not exude it as willingly and as much like an IEI-Fe does.

IEI-Fe people often get mistaken for EIE or SEI or ESE.
    IEI-Ni people often get mistaken for ILI or LII.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rainbows are often created by mist.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Actually, I'd say generally your subtype is what you usually wear on your sleeve and bring forward, it is like your favourite badge you show to the world.
    Well put.