1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retype Suede

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're basically saying that you base your morality off of pervasive ideologies and societal structures. That's not what base Fi is.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    You're basically saying that you base your morality off of pervasive ideologies and societal structures. That's not what base Fi is.
    I'm basically saying:

1. I am a convinced feminist and anti-racist because of what is one of the main priorities in my life. I have a passion for the kinda work I'm doing and for contributing to some sort of change through what I believe in. I wrote my PhD on an African American author whom I totally love.

2. I find you totally unworthy as a person and as a man (on an individual level). You creep me out. You are a disgusting human wreck and there's way more distance between us than I experience with ppl of many other types (and that includes said A-Am author).

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All day 3w4 sp/so...competency triad > positive reframer. 3w4s are what I call the withdrawn types of the assertive triad....sp/so > sp/sx....sx-instinct adds some aggression/wildness, sp/so is more domestic. sp/so also accentuates the 3's disintegrating line to 9 since that stack has a drive towards harmony, cooperation, politeness. That said, I don't yet have a strong read on your socionics type. I'm leaning towards SLI atm. You remind me of this guy I sometimes shoot pool and play cards with. He's SLI 3w4 sp/so....you two have a very similar kinesthetic as I've seen your video before. He is coldly realistic in his self-assessments and always quick with a negative, but competent retort.....he can make an incredible shot, and somebody tells him "helluva shot" and he'll be like "how many of those do i ever make...." "I miss those nine out of ten times". Also image triad > gut triad is clear from your posts (an easy way to parse out image from gut is by the fleshier introspective style feeling types have....more towards 4w5 you go the fleshier it gets....too much external "bleeding" in your older posts for a gut triader as the self-awareness for gut types is more in the body).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    you have a weak understanding of how people work.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    He has a strong understanding of how people work beyond type, which is why he talks about persons he likes and he's dating in rather lengthy, enthusiastic, and sophisticated posts.

Actually, suedehead, you are right about me having a weak understanding of how people work. I have almost no natural talent for it, which is one of the reasons I find ESI's so appealing. Not only do they have real values (which I kind of lack), they have thought about those values for a long time, and have a huge amount of experience in testing them in the real world. They do relationships the way Te-doms do orbiting weapons systems. Also, they can get me to do things that I wouldn't do for anyone else and their way of doing it doesn't feel controlling to me, which is not true of any other type. But, would I have ever known this just by talking to them online? No. I had to discover Socionics (to know that this kind of relationship is even possible) and even then I had to meet a few in person to see, or feel, really, their appeal. I had to have some real-world experience.

It seems to me that there are three ways you could discover your type. One is to simply sit around and try to analyze what kind of information processing you are doing. But this is going to be really hard, because how can you compare two styles when you only use one? I don't see how that can be done by every type. IEI's can maybe do it, but probably not LSE's. Or, you could take an on-line test or two and see what unfolds. That assumes you are old enough to have settled into a single style.

A slightly better way, in my opinion, is to interact with other people and see whom you get along with, and whom you don't, and allow for the normal error bars of like/dislike for odd reasons, then try to have them type themselves, and compare the results.

If you can figure out why you like or don't like someone, within the confines of Socionics, you stand a pretty good chance of discovering your own type.

I mean, the system I'm suggesting isn't perfect. Before I learned that there is a fairly set interaction style between any two types, I just experimented and hoped for the best, and most of my experiments ended in greater or lesser failure. Before I discovered Socionics, I was attracted to the following series of women (only the ones I can type with some assurance are listed, and as Myers-Briggs types for my convenience): INTP, ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFP, ISFP. I knew nothing of Socionics, but I was naturally attracted to certain characteristics in these women even without knowing their type at the time.

I basically said to myself, Yes, this woman is nice but there is this problem, and The next woman is nice but there is this problem, and this could have endlessly cycled if I had not actually met two ISFP's (ESI's here) and said, yes, this woman is a bolt from the clear blue sky, the personality is exactly what I need, and now I can concentrate on similar life goals, etc.

My natural understanding of people is very weak. Yours might be, too, but if you just meet some people, you'll naturally like some more than others, and there will eventually be one that you really, really like. Just expect to meet a lot before you meet her. And here's some final advice about meeting women (not PUA advice, because you're not trying to pick her up). When you meet a woman, try to find out who she is and what her best qualities are. This is easiest to do if your brain is not smoking from sex, which seriously clouds your judgment. Don't push, take some time to get to know her. It is better to pass than to make a stupid mistake, because mistakes take up your time and mess up your life. Ask yourself what is it about her that you respect, what is it about her that you like, how does she make your life better and how can you make her life better, and are you happier and more like yourself when around her than when you are not?

Brief encounters can be a lot of fun (I found them to be easier and more fun when I was drunk, but eventually I always sobered up ), but they're not going to tell you anything at all about your type. Well, maybe something, because ime some types do brief encounters a lot, but that still leaves a fairly wide range of choices.

When you meet your dual, you probably won't be attracted to her at first, and this is exactly why you need to know her for more than a few hours. If, after a while, you find yourself liking her more and more without having to look for reasons to like her, you might have found your dual. Then, have her take the test, and there is your type.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-21-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I mean, the system I'm suggesting isn't perfect. Before I learned that there is a fairly set interaction style between any two types, I just experimented and hoped for the best, and most of my experiments ended in greater or lesser failure. Before I discovered Socionics, I was attracted to the following series of women (only the ones I can type with some assurance are listed, and as Myers-Briggs types for my convenience): INTP, ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFP, ISFP. I knew nothing of Socionics, but I was naturally attracted to certain characteristics in these women even without knowing their type at the time.

I basically said to myself, Yes, this woman is nice but there is this problem, and The next woman is nice but there is this problem, and this could have endlessly cycled if I had not actually met two ISFP's (ESI's here) and said, yes, this woman is a bolt from the clear blue sky, the personality is exactly what I need, and now I can concentrate on similar life goals, etc.

blackbr is mbti ISTP, sdhd is mbti ISFP, lungs is mbti INFJ/INFP ... dunno about sevj, carrina, ainfigur, or others. Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12