TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Relationships Between Identical Types

How did you experience them ??
    I have INFj cousin and my father is INFj too just like me . I know other INFjs in real life. One was a good friend in the city I lived previously. The other was a "significant other" , my boyfriend a couple of years ago . For me my identity types are interesting . They are mysterious and not transparent , I like that. We maybe had a bumpy ride because we tried to change each other after our own ideals in people and relationships . I had a convo right about this with the closest identicals . I don'rt find the relationship boring and stagnant. It feels more that "competition" is in the foreground ...with that I agree , socionics intertype relationship by the book . Me and my father are more exceptional . I felt that he tried to guide me to be like his standards naturally but overall I appreciate our relationship to be very deep and constructive . He listens to me and after we talked things through many times , he saw my side of an issue too.
    No matter what your type is tell me about your identity experiences . Were they negative ?? If you are an INFj even better .
    Last edited by Amber; 01-10-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have come to the conclusion that my very first boyfriend was in fact my identical...he was also the identical in so many ways to the singer Gotye (including VI).
    We understood one another so well that it was like we interacted with ExtraSensoryPerception :-) abilities.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to be annoyed by EIIs. They seem too soft and "weak" for my taste, though the ones I've known have mostly been Sx-last E9s so this is not really a fair generalisation of the type. It could also be that they're hitting my polr in a way, it seems like they often need/want me to take care of Se/Te stuff for them without realising I'm not actually too excited/confident about them myself. It also feels like they're more or less just making obvious statements in any conversation, which makes them seem boring and uninsightful, though again it's very much possible and would make socionically sense that they'd feel the same way about me. Identical is easily my least favourite own quadra-relation.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other ILI's seem to frustrate me. It's like we want to connect but there is no initiative. Then when we do speak there is a lot of "yeah, me too." While this should be comforting or reassuring, it just ends up feeling like we are both afflicted by the same difficulties that neither of us can overcome. In a group it is as if we cancel each other out. One speaks and the other just hushes because the opinion is very similar, no need to be redundant. In a working environment it is nice because we get each other and there isn't really any conflict on issues, but ultimately the weaknesses just seem more magnified than the synergy. The relation seems generally stagnant unless there is a massive difference in subtype or culture to learn from.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I get along well with most identicals. When I meet one, I'm happy. I have someone I can easily relate to, someone who is on the same page as I am about things, someone who "gets it." I find them good for friendship but maybe not for deeper relationships. There isn't much potential for growth- you both have the same weaknesses and it can be awkward in that in a way when you're interacting with the other person it's like you're observing yourself.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP