Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type my gf

Creepy-theticalanti

Default .

Last edited by theticalanti; 03-06-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

congrats, William. Maybe getting laid will loosen you up a little

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need photos William :-)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ethical type

Seriously, congrats, I need a photo -.-
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay William! From your brief description I will guess Alpha or Delta, and a feeling type.

If she is very decided and confident about arranging for her comfort that would make me tend to think ESE.

If she can be a bit helpless at times in Si matters, that would make me think IEE.

If she has a warm and quiet way of looking at you like you are the most interesting person in the room, she might be SEI.

If she has a cool and quiet way of looking at you like you are the most important person in the room, she might be EII.

I think Beta and Gamma are less likely, but if she reminds you more of a cat - Gamma.

If she reminds you more of a dog - Beta.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Yay William! From your brief description I will guess Alpha or Delta, and a feeling type.

If she is very decided and confident about arranging for her comfort that would make me tend to think ESE.

If she can be a bit helpless at times in Si matters, that would make me think IEE.

If she has a warm and quiet way of looking at you like you are the most interesting person in the room, she might be SEI.

If she has a cool and quiet way of looking at you like you are the most important person in the room, she might be EII.

I think Beta and Gamma are less likely, but if she reminds you more of a cat - Gamma.

If she reminds you more of a dog - Beta.
    IEE can also want to arrange for their comfort. I have an IEE friend who has a husband in the military and sometimes she has to up and move to another city. Every time she moves she has a way of just getting the essentials and putting a touch of something a design of something like a US flag or a movie poster and it all looks so well put together. She's amazing. I think @Eliza Thomason would agree as well.

I see why you need Ti now
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-09-2015 at 05:47 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

William, you are back to ILE I see... good call! Affirm yourself first. Then, her type should magically appear per intertype relationships.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    congrats, William. Maybe getting laid will loosen you up a little
    He said he´s a Catholic who truly sold his soul to the Madonna and he only plans to get laid after getting married.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by left 4 dead View Post
    William, you are back to ILE I see... good call! Affirm yourself first. Then, her type should magically appear per intertype relationships.
    William affirms himself as and plays the role in every one of his typings. Would not encourage that.

@William
    Congrats. Sounds like ethical extravert.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyway, william's new conquest sounds like Fi creative (the only type "better with people" than Fe base). Besides "firmly defined values" as a notable quality points to Fi.
    I did my best to cut through the debris of early infatuation enthusiasm and get to a few objective type signs. I would expect to see SEE flaunting daring bright color combos rather than a Delta NF ...but only photos can be truly revealing.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

But but but... you are not my conflictor anymore??..

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does she make you feel? How does she make you act? Where do you see things going? Can you be yourself with her?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Wm, you are "Alpha Extrovert" now. Well, one of those! I am still leaning ESE for you. Your girlfriend sounds lovely. I'm so glad for you! A lot of people want a picture, but she may not want to be on the internet being analyzed by a bunch of people she doesn't know. Perhaps it depends on if she is a "trusting" type... forgot what Reinin that is. At any rate, I like what @Iris said for figuring it out. I only add that SEEs in particular do a nice job putting their outfits together in nice ways that are unique and eye-catching (but that doesn't mean I am guessing SEE! My first guess is EIE but I am not strongly sure on that).

@Maritsa: I do what your IEE friend does. When I move I make it look homey and attractive, fast! (I pretty much always get that surprised comment after I move - I moved 4x in 5 years just after my divorce, and just moved again this year. But its just a need, to make the new place like home, so I just do it).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Hey Wm, you are "Alpha Extrovert" now. Well, one of those! I am still leaning ESE for you. Your girlfriend sounds lovely. I'm so glad for you! A lot of people want a picture, but she may not want to be on the internet being analyzed by a bunch of people she doesn't know. Perhaps it depends on if she is a "trusting" type... forgot what Reinin that is. At any rate, I like what @Iris said for figuring it out. I only add that SEEs in particular do a nice job putting their outfits together in nice ways that are unique and eye-catching (but that doesn't mean I am guessing SEE! My first guess is EIE but I am not strongly sure on that).
    Funny, my first impression/thought, just from his brief description, was SEE.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa: I do what your IEE friend does. When I move I make it look homey and attractive, fast! (I pretty much always get that surprised comment after I move - I moved 4x in 5 years just after my divorce, and just moved again this year. But its just a need, to make the new place like home, so I just do it).
    I will mention a few ways that I am different from William's gf . No one would ever describe me as energetic or sassy, I am not that interested in trying new things, and I hate making mistakes. I will often not try new things in order to avoid making mistakes.

I think it is important to look nice so that I will have a nice image, not because I enjoy looking nice. I play it safe with fashion, I would never want to experiment with anything too bright or unusual, for fear of standing out too much. I pick classic things that I can depend on to make a nice statement, hopefully in a slightly unique way. I really would prefer not to be bothered with changing fashions so I have one classic perfume that I like - Chanel No. 5, but I am not super uptight - I never wear suits. I have a fair amount of nice jewelry, but I mostly wear the same sterling silver (Navajo) bracelet, sterling hoop earrings, and interesting large vintage sterling cross necklace every single day.

Stephen Fry said that he wished that he could dispense with his body and just have his head on a tray. I sort of feel that way myself.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt imaginary friends have sociotypes
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Funny, my first impression/thought, just from his brief description, was SEE.
    I agree that being good with people and being interested in fashion describes my SEE friends.

However, they are not that interested in trying new things in an Ne-valuing way. Especially if they might make a mistake in the process. They mostly make mistakes due to heedlessness , not because they have been seeking out novelty.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    William affirms himself as and plays the role in every one of his typings. Would not encourage that.

@William
    Congrats. Sounds like ethical extravert.
    Regardless, he's ILE.

You're a "j" Esaman ... "j" vs "p"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

How did you determine this?

Edit: Please don't ignore my question Lucy. I genuinely want to know how you type people because I admit sometimes I see no rhyme or reason in it.
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, he's ILE.

I guess we will have to disagree on the first part and agree on the second.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm guessing alpha ethical type because of preference gor Ne new style looks and ideas.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    But I don't want to scare her away early by explaining 'it's for socionics' lol.
    That is a good instinct.

She makes me feel great. She definitely has a positive effect on me. She is very optimistic about life in general, and has a natural enthusiasm and curiosity about things. I can see us together easily. I can be myself around her, and she can be herself around me.
    That is so nice.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I think it is important to look nice so that I will have a nice image, not because I enjoy looking nice. I play it safe with fashion, I would never want to experiment with anything too bright or unusual, for fear of standing out too much. I pick classic things that I can depend on to make a nice statement, hopefully in a slightly unique way. I really would prefer not to be bothered with changing fashions so I have one classic perfume that I like - Chanel No. 5, but I am not super uptight - I never wear suits. I have a fair amount of nice jewelry, but I mostly wear the same sterling silver (Navajo) bracelet, sterling hoop earrings, and interesting large vintage sterling cross necklace every single day.
    This is so interesting. I like bold and funky clothes and accessories (especially necklaces are my thing - the bigger and more unusual, the better). I don't feel like I am very good at putting an outfit together, or at least I never feel confident with any look (I never feel *put together*). My process is more along the lines of loving a particular item and then doing my best to match it with other items. That does not always work because I am not great with details (my nail polish probably will not match my dress or my eye shadow clashes with my shirt, etc.). However, the *funky* items make me happy (I can look at the super cute ring I am wearing at the moment, for example, and be over the moon about it haha ) and that is more important than looking *put together.* I really need at least one happy-making item. I had a job interview recently and wore a generic grey suit. I had a really cute pair of shoes to go with it and shake thing up a little, but I could not wear them that day because I was too cold. So I wore a shirt that by itself might have been unsuitable (not *professional,* probably too *cute*), but under the jacket it worked (or at least I hope it did). I think I derive confidence not from the overall look, but individual items.

I don't think I want to stand out, but I don't mind it either. It makes me happy when people compliment me on something I wear because, like I said, I don't have much confidence in my style (but I do want to have fun with it).

If this is type-related, it might help distinguish between types?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This is so interesting. I like bold and funky clothes and accessories (especially necklaces are my thing - the bigger and more unusual, the better). I don't feel like I am very good at putting an outfit together, or at least I never feel confident with any look (I never feel *put together*). My process is more along the lines of loving a particular item and then doing my best to match it with other items. That does not always work because I am not great with details (my nail polish probably will not match my dress or my eye shadow clashes with my shirt, etc.). However, the *funky* items make me happy (I can look at the super cute ring I am wearing at the moment, for example, and be over the moon about it haha ) and that is more important than looking *put together.* I really need at least one happy-making item. I had a job interview recently and wore a generic grey suit. I had a really cute pair of shoes to go with it and shake thing up a little, but I could not wear them that day because I was too cold. So I wore a shirt that by itself might have been unsuitable (not *professional,* probably too *cute*), but under the jacket it worked (or at least I hope it did). I think I derive confidence not from the overall look, but individual items.

I don't think I want to stand out, but I don't mind it either. It makes me happy when people compliment me on something I wear because, like I said, I don't have much confidence in my style (but I do want to have fun with it).

If this is type-related, it might help distinguish between types?
    Yes, I can see how it could be type related. I am largely not Ne-seeking when it comes to fashion. Infrequently I will see something that captures my imagination, usually a piece of antique jewelry. But I mostly wish I didn't have to spend time on my appearance.

I get a fair amount of complements when I take the trouble to dress up for some event, because I guess I have nice style. But I am ambilivilent about complements. If someone says, "I like that turquoise bracelet, " I feel happy. If they say, "You hair looks nice today," then I start worrying that they dont think my hair usually looks nice, or that maybe my hair looks nice but not the rest of me, or some other mentally tortured thought.

I think a key difference between us is that you are having fun with your style. I am not having fun -I am avoiding (hopefully) criticism with my style.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    As a followup, I've narrowed it down to xEE - either ESFp or ENFp. She definitely has a serious side that is concerned for the well-being of others, and she's not all fun & games. It's still attractive to me though. Throw socionics out the window! lol
    What is so much attractive for you about her?
    And what would be some things that upset or annoy you about her, besides the shared extraversion?
    Last edited by yeves; 01-28-2015 at 03:10 AM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur we'll need photos for purely intellectual study of course.

And congratulations William!

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim - you just described me in detail. Not even kidding. I have to have on a powerhouse accessory in order to be confident, be it a hat or piece of bold jewelry regardless of whether or not it matches anything. It's like a Captain Planet Ring. (fire, wind, water, TURQOISE NECKLACE!)

@William - what types of activities do you do together? are you able to be active, play sports or be out of the house together most of the time? Are you primarily doing dinner and discussion dates, or other stuff? Who does most of the talking? are your conversations fairly deep, or mostly about routine things?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    i doubt imaginary friends have sociotypes
    Burnnn
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

exactly; I think people confuse IEE for SEE or rather vice versa because they can't seems to get that IEE are way more efficient and organized because they devalue sensory input. That sensory input makes SEE the subject of liking a lot of items, a lot of stuff constantly so they are constantly looking to organize and find systems for that organization. The devaluing of stuff and focus on interests allows IEE to place things accordingly and purchase things purposely not just because it appeals to the senses. And because of that limit of sensing and focus on general picture IEE are purposeful dressers and always look so nice and elegant IMO as do most of my dear IEE friends are like. I find that SEE don't care about the totalness of the look or the completion rather choosing items that are based again on their senses that may be very uncoordinated and nothing like the other items they have on. Hence why I type @Kim SEE.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hence why I type @Kim SEE.
    The other day you were sure I am IEE. What did I do to piss you off this time?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The other day you were sure I am IEE. What did I do to piss you off this time?
    You didn't piss me off Kim. I am basing things on what you write like this:

However, the *funky* items make me happy (I can look at the super cute ring I am wearing at the moment, for example, and be over the moon about it haha ) and that is more important than looking *put together.* I really need at least one happy-making item. I had a job interview recently and wore a generic grey suit. I had a really cute pair of shoes to go with it and shake thing up a little, but I could not wear them that day because I was too cold. So I wore a shirt that by itself might have been unsuitable (not *professional,* probably too *cute*), but under the jacket it worked (or at least I hope it did). I think I derive confidence not from the overall look, but individual items.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

However, the *funky* items make me happy (I can look at the super cute ring I am wearing at the moment, for example, and be over the moon about it haha ) and that is more important than looking *put together.* I really need at least one happy-making item. I had a job interview recently and wore a generic grey suit. I had a really cute pair of shoes to go with it and shake thing up a little, but I could not wear them that day because I was too cold. So I wore a shirt that by itself might have been unsuitable (not *professional,* probably too *cute*), but under the jacket it worked (or at least I hope it did). I think I derive confidence not from the overall look, but individual items.
    It's really hard to type someone from IEE or SEE from that type of statement

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like me, though

We can be hybrid IEE/SEE together, @Kim
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    It's really hard to type someone from IEE or SEE from that type of statement
    Is it? how so?
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You go back and forth between typing me SEE and IEE. I can't keep up...
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I feel so inadequate reading this. hahah I lived out of boxes, storage bins, and suitcases, with paintings and artwork propped against walls, mattress on the floor, for a little over a year, with an ILI. It was because I knew I wasn't staying there long and didn't want to pack it all up again in a year. I did that a couple of times. Now I have everything arranged how I want it and all my art is on the walls. I know it will all be just the way I left it whenever I return and it feels nice to be "home". It's hard for me to make someplace home when I know I will be moving on soon.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is it? how so?
    I don't see how one can determine an N or an S from such a question

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You go back and forth between typing me SEE and IEE. I can't keep up...
    Don't stop me now!

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Don't stop me now!
    Wait, who is typing whom in this thread??
    ― Anais Nin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast