Thread: Jessica Chastain

Default Jessica Chastain

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 03-12-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Te or Se base (...seems Logical).

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Blind guess - LSI

I don't think she is a Logical type. She is very aware and puts a lot of emphasis on the emotional texture of something [e.g. quotes]. I get the impression, that she wants to emerge herself in it, wants to alter/influence the emotional energy and is therefore drawn to acting as a profession. She is naturally tuned into this kind of mindset and feels this preference/interest from a very young age on. So that makes me think, that she is a Ethical type. xEI Edit: ENFj might be possible too.

Some Quotes:
    [on working with Hollywood 'tough guys'] My favorite thing is, I work actually with a lot of men that you would think at first impression would be kind of scary. Sam Worthington, Michael Shannon, Al Pacino, Sean Penn. What I love so much about these men is that they are very strong, and they have this almost aggressive vibe, but it's because they have this intense vulnerability, that they have to be very strong to protect themselves. So it's actually, once you get to know them, you realize they're all kittens. At the end of the day, they're like kittens.

I always try to play characters who are very different from what I am. If the character was a good swimmer or a diver, I'd be interested because in my real life, I am totally scared of water. I would immediately feel compelled to do it because I'm always trying to tackle any fear I have. I don't want my life to be controlled by fear, whether it's the fear of being rejected, fear of being loved; I want to run my life with open arms. Also, I never want to play the same character twice. To me, that's soul crushing.

Right after The Tree of Life (2011) came out, I started hearing about strategies for my career. And I made a decision that I wasn't going to do anything based on a strategy. If I don't continue to challenge myself and risk failure, I have no business being an actor. I'm not an actor to be a personality. I want to see every part I take like a master class. And you know what? I'm going to fail sometimes. And that's OK. Because when you fail, you learn more.

[on preparing for her role in
    The Tree of Life (2011)] Emotionally and spiritually, I had to figure out what it meant to play the embodiment of grace. And how do I capture that? Okay, so I start studying paintings of the Madonna at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I start listening to music that inspires feelings of love inside me, I start reading books about cultivating joy and cultivating gratitude. I start meditating.

When I was a young girl I felt on the outside. I remember cutting all my hair very short at twelve years old, I was wearing red cowboy boots, had my own style. Then a lot of children at school tired to make me feel nervous and teased me a lot because I was different. I was always a little awkward, a redhead, and very freckly. Kids like to make fun of people who are different. I had short red hair and wore workout boots, so I got teased really badly for having red hair and being different.

I love researching. When I get a role that's one of the very first things I do. I just want to fill myself up with knowledge of what the character might have come from. Not just even reading about the history of the time, which of course I do, but I also love learning about the music of the time, listening to that; thinking of the food of the time; what someone would have done for fun.

I don't normally get into this, but I'm a vegan. And I try not to, well, I don't want to torture anything. I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here.

I end up doing roles where I'm afraid I'm going to embarrass myself, or fail. But then it gives you that extra hit of adrenalin, and you have to step up your game.

I was the girl who cut school to go to the park, and the other kids would be smoking and drinking and I'd be reading Shakespeare.

You know, it's recently come into focus for me why I want to be an actor: It's because of the connection I feel to people.

I'm not the girl at the club on the table. I'm going to be the one in the corner, quiet and so I don't call attention to myself.

[on rehearsals] They'll say, "Save it, save it". I tell them: "Don't worry. I have a bottomless well of tears."

I get embarrassed really easily. I get embarrassed even when people sing me "Happy Birthday."

I walk the dogs, I play the ukulele, I cook. I'm not a girl who goes to big parties--I'm shy.

I'm inspired by people who are so sensitive and vulnerable that they try to cover it up.

I always say I am a realist, and my mom says, "No, you just have anxiety."

[Source]

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-15-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump again

(so far it's: LSE, LIE, SLE, LSI, IEI and SEI - a lot on the table...)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    (so far it's: LSE, LIE, SLE, LSI, IEI and SEI - a lot on the table...)
    What's your opinion?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevra View Post

What's your opinion?
    No idea There's sth Julia Roberts like about some of her expressions and initial impression is that she's logical>ethical. I find her likeable and that's why I'm curious of her type.

I went back and forth with her. I went with xEI first. Then I thought ENFj might be possible too. Then I went back to xEI. I’ll settle with SEI now. Idk... she has this natural warm aura about her. Like for me it feels so effortless... idk... I remember, that for the audition for ‚The Tree of Life‘ Malick just wanted her to stare ‚lovingly‘ at a poster and the role she played in that movie - the mother, she eminates this loving, warm energy. It‘s just so natural, it doesn’t feel forced and in my subjective impression I think this could make her a ‚caregiver‘ type (woah.. I swear I fucking hate the names). When you look at her pictures, she is like ‚radiating‘ this smile, warmth and feels substantial, grounded and with her clothes... like the colours... idk it’s a vague, subjective impression. I think I pick up Fe when watching her in interviews, but went against ENFj because of the overall ‚vibe‘. Like I think people often type Charlize Theron as ENFj (I also saw ENTj) and she has kind of a different vibe when you look at her pictures, colder, more piercing.

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-15-2016 at 07:23 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll mark this to watch it
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp might be right. Definitely ethical.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    ISFp might be right. Definitely ethical.
    i agree.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bump

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFJ

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI
    Last edited by Jake; 01-04-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica Chastain - Gorky

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Jessica Chastain - Gorky

She does play an exceptional one in that movie

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    She does play an exceptional one in that movie
    Yes, she does. Saw the movie this week.
    Last edited by khcs; 11-01-2019 at 08:02 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's pretty clearly ethical. INFx