Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Retype the LIIbrarian

  1. #1
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Retype the LIIbrarian

    I want a new type.

    Here's a questionnaire I filled out. I'm bored and I like answering random questions.

    Do you have any type suggestions for me?




    Tell me about yourself.
    I don’t like these types of questions. Too vague and I never know where to begin. What do you want to know? I could give you the boring information such as where I live, my hair color, how many siblings I have, etc. But that gives little insight on my socionics type. Or on the opposite extreme I could share my deepest darkest secrets. Or I could bore you all with my life story. So I’ll just move onto the next question.

    What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?
    I’m a librarian. I chose the profession because I love books and reading and researching information.

    What are your interests and hobbies?
    Socionics, reading all sorts of things, learning, games of all sorts (board games, card games, video games), puzzles, thinking, daydreaming, philosophizing, travelling, personality psychology, linguistics

    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    WEAKNESSES:
    Can be rather aloof and reserved at first with people I don’t know very well.
    Not always attentive to what’s right in front me because I’m so preoccupied with what’s going on in my own mind which is far more interesting.
    Overthink things
    Appear to be lack confidence but I think that’s because I know that very few things in life are definite. I can see scenarios A, B, C, and D and the other person just wants a simple yes/no answer. I suppose I can make things over complicated as a result.
    Overly sensitive to criticisms and slights (both real and perceived)- mainly if they are unsolicited. I welcome constructive criticism when I ask for it.

    WHAT I DISLIKE ABOUT MYSELF:
    Not productive enough- waste too much time on the Internet and fail to accomplish enough meaningful things
    Worrying too much about things I have no control over anyway.
    Overly sensitive to criticism, what others think of me, you insult me you will pay for it one way or another.
    Hard time letting go of past hurts or disappointments.
    Unobservant of my external environment- sometimes . Too absorbed in my own thoughts and feelings. At the same time though, I kind of like that about myself.
    Socially shy and awkward at first with people.
    I’m easily envious of others I perceive as more successful than I am.

    I have been criticized for:
    All the things listed as weaknesses in the above question.

    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    STRENGTHS:
    Highly intelligent
    Logical and rational
    Kind and considerate
    Reliable and trustworthy
    Good foresight
    Fair and honest
    Good insight and ideas
    Good sense of humor (that's up for debate)
    Hardworking (again, depends. I think it ties into being reliable. I'll get the work done by the deadline and I can work tirelessly on things that interest me but at the same time I'm quite lazy if there isn't a deadline and it isn't very urgent or if it fails to hold my interest)

    WHAT DO I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF
    My intelligence and insights
    My open mindedness
    My sense of humor
    My analytical skills and my intelligence
    Think outside the box, don't just blindly follow convention
    My sense of fairness
    My willingness to try new things and experiences

    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Navigating the awkward waters of relationships. How to be in a committed relationship, to balance your needs and desires and that of the other person.
    Dealing with other peoples’ emotional reactions to things, which can be quite messy. I’m not always confident I’ve responded in the most constructive way.
    Self-promotion (as in applying for jobs)
    To not overthink things
    To have thicker skin, to more constructively deal with insults directed towards me.
    Better at dealing with life’s disappointments and set-backs.
    Accepting that life isn’t always fair—sometimes the less qualified person gets the job.

    What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?
    Agnostic. I’d like to think there is some higher power and inherent meaning to our lives and a heavenly afterlife but there is no scientific evidence for it. So we have to create the meaning for ourselves and life our lives fully now because this may the only chance we have.

    What did you do last Friday?
    Worked at my job. In my free time I surfed the Internet and played games with my gaming group.

    Is this restaurant run properly?
    Depends on the type of restaurant and the criteria you’re using to evaluate it.
    Is it clean and sanitary?
    Are almost all of your customers satisfied with the service and want to come back?
    Is the food tasty and cooked properly?
    If you can say yes to these questions, there’s a high probability it is run properly.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you want to be EII ? It's obvious that are you a Ne, you are very fun and you have spice. A sunny Infantile type!

  3. #3
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,296
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Obviously a beta! ESTp! Or ESI with an ILE subtype!

    Hey, you like answering random questions and I like to answer questions randomly!

    Kidding! I think your current type seems fitting, but typology is so subjective that I couldn't tell you for sure anyways. Out of everyone on this forum, I probably relate to you the most, so don't go changing your type.

    I don't know if "sunny infantile type" is suppose to be a compliment, but it makes you sound like a happy baby.

  4. #4
    Esaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, no.
    Do you think that the type does not fit?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Do you think that the type does not fit?
    I second this.

    My question was going to be... Why?

  6. #6
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Do you think that the type does not fit?
    Do you mean no to being an LII or no to being a type OTHER than LII?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  7. #7
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,879
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only other type I would consider is ILI since a lot of your answers seem to fit my ex who was an ILI technical librarian. Perhaps it is the technical part which makes the differences. Stay LII.

    Edit: Yeah I know I broke my "no public typings" declaration earlier today but you asked for it!


    Edit2: You don't seem to be as sarcastic as my ex but I still see it in you.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  8. #8
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    idk what type you are, but I at least think you're Te/Fi

  9. #9
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Stay LII.
    I'll try my best.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    idk what type you are, but I at least think you're Te/Fi
    Why?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  10. #10
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you are some sort of extroverted ST.

    Your answers to things are direct (bad word choice, sorry) in an S type way.

    You seem very T to me.

    Although you may be introverted I think you could still be a socionics extrovert, since from briefly watching your video you seem to have a kind of presence I associate with extroversion. Sorry that this is so vague.
    There was no place that destruction did not touch...At best it made everything feel flooded, urgent, while pushing towards decay and exposing the imminent failure of managing to maintain a form at all. Inside this was the kernel of wholeness. She could be broken down into a small, granular piece, a bit of debris jostling against other bits of debris, and in that friction there was some sense of having a boundary or a presence, and that thing-ness of the self, reduced to a basic instinctive sensation, was an almost-nothing feeling that, in its small hard knot of a numb halo, made it clear to her that you were here, you were now.

  11. #11
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I think you are some sort of extroverted ST.

    Your answers to things are direct (bad word choice, sorry) in an S type way.

    You seem very T to me.

    Although you may be introverted I think you could still be a socionics extrovert, since from briefly watching your video you seem to have a kind of presence I associate with extroversion. Sorry that this is so vague.
    Hard to tell if you're joking or serious.

    I don't think there's any way in hell I'm an SLE. I have weak and don't value LSE would be far more likely but that's pretty far-fetched.
    I'm pretty sure I'm an intuitive of some sort. If I'm a sensor I'd probably be SLI or SEI.

    The only extraverted types I see myself resembling in some way are ILE and IEE.

    Thinking is more likely for me than feeling but I went through a phase where I was seriously confused as to whether I was more logical or ethical.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  12. #12
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    Hard to tell if you're joking or serious.

    I don't think there's any way in hell I'm an SLE. I have weak and don't value LSE would be far more likely but that's pretty far-fetched.
    I'm pretty sure I'm an intuitive of some sort. If I'm a sensor I'd probably be SLI or SEI.

    The only extraverted types I see myself resembling in some way are ILE and IEE.

    Thinking is more likely for me than feeling but I went through a phase where I was seriously confused as to whether I was more logical or ethical.
    I was totally serious, although I could also be totally off base.
    There was no place that destruction did not touch...At best it made everything feel flooded, urgent, while pushing towards decay and exposing the imminent failure of managing to maintain a form at all. Inside this was the kernel of wholeness. She could be broken down into a small, granular piece, a bit of debris jostling against other bits of debris, and in that friction there was some sense of having a boundary or a presence, and that thing-ness of the self, reduced to a basic instinctive sensation, was an almost-nothing feeling that, in its small hard knot of a numb halo, made it clear to her that you were here, you were now.

  13. #13
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I was totally serious, although I could also be totally off base.
    If my base was and you suggest a type with a or a base, then you were off base.

    Okay, that was a really bad pun.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  14. #14
    Esaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    Do you mean no to being an LII or no to being a type OTHER than LII?
    LII of course.

  15. #15
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    Do you want to be EII ? It's obvious that are you a Ne, you are very fun and you have spice. A sunny Infantile type!
    Speaking of infantile:

    childish by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/12483449@N07/]
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  16. #16
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Ne valuing, but you definitely seem more ethical than logical.

  17. #17
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I agree with Ne valuing, but you definitely seem more ethical than logical.
    I've had several people suggest that as well. Then I have people telling me I'm definitely logical.

    I think I might be an XII, which is type 12 in Roman Numerals.

    What makes you suggest ethical over logical?
    Last edited by The Exception; 01-04-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  18. #18
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    What makes you suggest ethical over logical?
    I notice that you are really interested in the 'in's and out's' of the theory and really grasping it but you don't seem to play with it or theorize like many of the Alpha NTs on here. The way you deal with it strikes me more like Ti HA, personally, which is, as I said, grasping the theory as deeply as possible without really tinkering with the underlying ideas. You also seem to refer to being logical a lot without really demonstrating it. If what i think doesn't agree with reality then maybe I just haven't been here long enough or maybe you have a different output for your theorizing.

    EDIT: I wouldn't say it's exclusive to Ti HA as I think the tendency I described could also exist in types with Ti DS and maybe even Ti role (though a bit less likely).
    Last edited by Contra; 01-04-2015 at 06:27 AM.

  19. #19
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you look so Ne-LII it's almost creepy. if VI has any merit (which it definitely does) then you are like the posterchild for Ne-LII.

  20. #20
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I notice that you are really interested in the 'in's and out's' of the theory and really grasping it but you don't seem to play with it or theorize like many of the Alpha NTs on here. The way you deal with it strikes me more like Ti HA, personally, which is, as I said, grasping the theory as deeply as possible without really tinkering with the underlying ideas. You also seem to refer to being logical a lot without really demonstrating it. If what i think doesn't agree with reality then maybe I just haven't been here long enough or maybe you have a different output for your theorizing.

    EDIT: I wouldn't say it's exclusive to Ti HA as I think the tendency I described could also exist in types with Ti DS and maybe even Ti role (though a bit less likely).
    I play with the theory alot in my head, I don't always express the ways in which I do that. I do have some ideas I've been thinking about in regards to the socionics theory- just haven't quite gotten around to posting it yet.

    Funny you mention Ti HA. You're not the first person to have suggested that. In some ways I resemble the SEI type- at least in being an alpha introvert. I think that activity pairs can look like each other at times if the mobilizing is strong enough. I don't think Si base is that likely but I really do like my comfort). It could also be my Si mobilizing to look like SEI.

    I wonder if Ne can look like Fe at times. The goofy Ne-like types of things I've posted, I wonder if they could really be more Fe. I post things to hopefully get a laugh from people or see how they respond. Is it possible I could have a creative Fe function. I also don't think I have 1-D Ne.
    I've also wondered if I have Fe mobilizing at times like the ILE. In some ways I aspire to be better at Fe, to lighten up the atmosphere.

    I also relate to Se PoLR more than Te PoLR.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  21. #21
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    you look so Ne-LII it's almost creepy. if VI has any merit (which it definitely does) then you are like the posterchild for Ne-LII.
    I'm kind of on the fence myself about VI. I'm highly skeptical of it being the sole use of typing someone but then I look at photos of people VI'ed as LIIs and I can see some uncanny similarities.

    Ne subtype could explain why so many suggest types other than LII. I don't appear as obviously logical as some LIIs. At least I'm not as hard-core about the logic as some of them.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  22. #22
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,879
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    Thinking is more likely for me than feeling but I went through a phase where I was seriously confused as to whether I was more logical or ethical.
    I just want to share an observation I have made over the years, not just in relation to socionics, because I don't have the same level of experience with this system.

    I know lots of "Ethicals" (by any other name) who have been confused on whether or not they are logical (including myself) but I have never met a primarily logical person who questioned if they were ethical over logical. Logical + intuitive especially seem to know that they are Logical even if they do not always consider that they are intuitives as well. My ILI ex did not particularly see himself as intuitive but when I asked if he was a thinking or feeling type (I knew the answer) he found it laughable that I even asked. but I saw this in others way before I heard of socionics.

    Just an observation and I don't have a large data pool to pull from. A few times Logical + sensor came off as ethical to me because of their reactions to things. I haven't been awake long so I might not be expressing this the way I want to but I was thinking about your post before I went to sleep. hah

    None of my observations are based on how much people read, study or their intelligence level ftr since there are intelligent people of all types. Two of the most intelligent people I know irl are an IEI and an EII. The ILI was very intelligent and had high IQ but he lacked EQ.

    I am not using this to type you because I obviously don't know anything about you. I have also read that logical women can come off as ethical and ethical men can come off as logical so that just blows my whole idea...I need red bull.

    Edit: I do believe there is a gray area and most of the time I keep myself in that area but when in Rome...
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-04-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: i don't like to spell gray with an e

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  23. #23
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I just want to share an observation I have made over the years, not just in relation to socionics, because I don't have the same level of experience with this system.

    I know lots of "Ethicals" (by any other name) who have been confused on whether or not they are logical (including myself) but I have never met a primarily logical person who questioned if they were ethical over logical. Logical + intuitive especially seem to know that they are Logical even if they do not always consider that they are intuitives as well. My ILI ex did not particularly see himself as intuitive but when I asked if he was a thinking or feeling type (I knew the answer) he found it laughable that I even asked. but I saw this in others way before I heard of socionics.

    Just an observation and I don't have a large data pool to pull from. A few times Logical + sensor came off as ethical to me because of their reactions to things. I haven't been awake long so I might not be expressing this the way I want to but I was thinking about your post before I went to sleep. hah

    None of my observations are based on how much people read, study or their intelligence level ftr since there are intelligent people of all types. Two of the most intelligent people I know irl are an IEI and an EII. The ILI was very intelligent and had high IQ but he lacked EQ.

    I am not using this to type you because I obviously don't know anything about you. I have also read that logical women can come off as ethical and ethical men can come off as logical so that just blows my whole idea...I need red bull.

    Edit: I do believe there is a gray area and most of the time I keep myself in that area but when in Rome...
    Aylen I completely agree with you. I get really annoyed when people start painting pictures of certain types being practically handicapped & airheaded, and limit careers that certain types are able to be successful in. Such a pet peeve of mine... because I personally have seen so many different personalities and styles finding niches and being successful in not just my career path, but many others. Everyone has different areas of strengths that they summon and weaknesses that they struggle with (and work on), in any field.

    The reason is that being successful is not type related. People become successful BECAUSE they are able to compensate sufficiently for their weaker IEs. Setting goals is not type related. You can do whatever you set your mind to in life, never let a typing keep you from achieving that, and never use a typing to make excuses for not being able to. Whatever it is, hopefully we all choose to do good, though, not evil.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •