Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Personal Growth Recommendations
    for Enneagram Type Fours

• Do not pay so much attention to your feelings; they are not a true source of support for you, as you probably already know. Remember this advice: "From our present perspective, we can also see that one of the most important mistakes Fours make is to equate themselves with their feelings. The fallacy is that to understand themselves they must understand their feelings, particularly their negative ones, before acting. Fours do not see that the self is not the same as its feelings or that the presence of negative feelings does not preclude the presence of good in themselves" (Personality Types, p. 172). Always remember that your feelings are telling you something about yourself as you are at this particular moment, not necessarily more than that.
    • Avoid putting off things until you are "in the right mood." Commit yourself to productive, meaningful work that will contribute to your good and that of others, no matter how small the contribution may be. Working consistently in the real world will create a context in which you can discover yourself and your talents. (Actually, you are happiest when you are working—that is, activating your potentials and realizing yourself. You will not "find yourself" in a vacuum or while waiting for inspiration to strike, so connect—and stay connected—with the real world.
    • Self-esteem and self-confidence will develop only from having positive experiences, whether or not you believe that you are ready to have them. Therefore, put yourself in the way of good. You may never feel that you are ready to take on a challenge of some sort, that you always need more time. (Fours typically never feel that they are sufficiently "together," but they must nevertheless have the courage to stop putting off their lives.) Even if you start small, commit yourself to doing something that will bring out the best in you.
    • A wholesome self-discipline takes many forms, from sleeping regular hours to working regularly to exercising regularly, and has a cumulative, strengthening effect. Since it comes from yourself, a healthy self-discipline is not contrary to your freedom or individuality. On the other hand, sensuality, excessive sexual experiences, alcohol, drugs, sleep, or fantasizing have a debilitating effect on you, as you already know. Therefore, practice healthy self-discipline and stay with it.
    • Avoid lengthy conversations in your imagination, particularly if they are negative, resentful, or even excessively romantic. These conversations are essentially unreal and at best only rehearsals for action—although, as you know, you almost never say or do what you imagine you will. Instead of spending time imagining your life and relationships, begin to live them.

A lot of times after people realize their type, they just call it done and don't think about how to grow. So here.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Despite sitting in trash cans, the extraterrestrially outstanding people of the E4 tribe also date fictional characters and celebrities.

In their heads. Because they can.

Concerning this phenomenon, two types of species have proven to be very common and are to be exposed.

- One type of these ethereal beings is seen worshipping their idols as if they wanted a piece of that popularity cake as well - the E4 aliens born under the overlordian neighbour planet E3. They are infused by vanity, obsession with fame and copious amounts of a God-complex. This is the elite of cosplayers and scantily clad action figure collectors. All of them are guilty of sins like overly pompous roleplay on social media and gaming. Denounce people who call them weird like Prince himself. Never EVER miss an update of their husbando or wifey. Best spotted through their quizzical fandom slang that tries to seize all the attention.

- The other mesmerizing otherworldly type was confirmed to have built a second life in their imagination, borrowing from the resident alternative universe squad widely known as E5. They have researched everything about their "crush" and are found primarily in a habitat called "The Internet" creating the most... interesting fanfictions, fandom theories, memes and romantic edits that they've spent too much time on. Think that they are ultimately superior as well, but don't broadcast themselves that much. Caught red-handed when trying to buy body pillows of their favorite online. Jealous of other people who say they fantasize about said favorite as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camille Saint-Saens - Danse Macabre (4 or 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ken 4w5 SX/SP

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post

Ken 4w5 SX/SP
    He mentioned that he identifies with the Enneagram 6 description. Whether he's right, I have no idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    A lot of times after people realize their type, they just call it done and don't think about how to grow. So here.
    Sadly it's a case of easier said than done, as emotions can be so intense that they are crippling. It requires a certain amount of efforts that you don't have the energy for due to said feelings. Also life feels pretty much like a sailing boat, in that things get in motion through an invisible flow. Trying to go against it seems like a perilous undertaking. This might be false but it's the most natural perception I see life through.
    The gardener is but a dream of the garden.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Ever since I was eight or nine.
    I've been standing on the shoreline
    All my life I've been waiting for something lasting

Oh this town kills you when you are young
    Oh this town it kills you when you are young.

I'm not the boy that I used to be
    This town has got the youth of me
    All the eyes turn hollow
    From the work of sorrow

You die young
    You die when you're young

We are shadows
    Oh, we're shadows
    Just shadows in the alley

Standing on the paving
    By the office building
    There's so much to do
    Never time for you

You die young

We are shadows
    Oh, we're shadows
    Just shadows in the alley

I've got nothing
    Nothing to wait for
    Nothing to wait for

Where is life in this town?
    Where is life in this town?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    He mentioned that he identifies with the Enneagram 6 description. Whether he's right, I have no idea.
    I heard him say this but something it his videos doesn't respond to his 6 typing. He carefully analyses and even indulges in his own emotions without any signs of fear or repression of his feelings, which is not a 6 trait according to enneagram websites.

from personaltyhacker:
    The first number in each triad “expresses” the emotion that it’s hyperfocused upon. So, 8-2-5 is what I call ‘externalized’. That is, 8 ‘externalizes’ anger, 2 ‘externalizes’ shame and 5 ‘externalizes’ fear. (I’ll explain further in a moment.) The second number in each triad “represses” the emotion that it’s hyperfocused upon. So, 9-3-6 attempt to repress their emotion. 9 ‘represses’ anger, 3 ‘represses’ shame, and 6 ‘ represses’ fear. The third number in each triad “internalizes” the emotion that it’s hyperfocused upon. 1-4-7 attempt to internalize their emotion. 1 ‘internalizes’ anger, 4 ‘internalizes’ shame, and 7 ‘internalizes’ fear. The types that ‘internalize’ tend to turn the emotion in on themselves or experience the emotion inwardly, those that ‘externalize’ experience the emotion outside of themselves or project it outwardly, and those that repress the emotion do what they can to pretend the emotion doesn’t exist for them at all.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

that guy seems so/sp 649. and kind of repulsive

that guy seems so/sp 649. and kind of repulsive
    How come... regarding both of those remarks actually.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Amil’s poetry is confessional. Her shadow self, her young Ophelia, is the “I” and “me,” the subject of her poems. Her writing calls upon the tradition of the female confessional poets of the 1960s, most notably Plath and Sexton. But unlike these poets, Amil is in harmony with her darkness. It hums through her but does not consume her. She also goes beyond the confessional form and elevates it by releasing the vague shackles of unrelated metaphor. Her “I,” her Ophelia, is emotionally available, even vulnerable, to her reader.

http://www.dirgemag.com/segovia-amil-confessional-queen-darklings/

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't want to feel
    I don't want to see
    I don't want to love
    I don't want to live

I don't wish to drown in the beauty of your eyes
    I don't wish to remember the warmth of your embrace
    I don't wish to bleed on your altar of demise
    I don't wish to wither among the petals of disgrace

Why did you cast me into a bottomless pit of pain?
    My love a sacrifice in your temple of disdain

Evil ot tnaw i
    Evol ot tnaw i
    Ees ot tnaw i
    Leef ot tnaw i

To feel is suffering
    To feel is rejection
    To feel is despair
    To feel is to die

The air liquefies as it enters my shattered lungs
    Darkness enwraps my mind as blood stains your skin
    My heart pierced by thorns of words that now seem wrong
    I yield to the darkness of the agony deep within

Evil ot tnaw i
    Evol ot tnaw i
    Ees ot tnaw i
    Leef ot tnaw i

My love a sacrifice in your temple of disdain

YWIMW

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now that's a message

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

naive little fours
    Last edited by maniac; 02-04-2017 at 06:52 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Chae; 02-04-2017 at 07:50 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Chae that image kind of terrifies me. lol Like something I would see in my nightmares and wake up disturbed.

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @Chae that image kind of terrifies me. lol Like something I would see in my nightmares and wake up disturbed.
    Agghh oh no :/ I'll put it in spoilers!
    To me it's not the literal image but the idea of identity, the "who am I" part of E4.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Agghh oh no :/ I'll put it in spoilers!
    To me it's not the literal image but the idea of identity, the "who am I" part of E4.
    Aww, it's ok you don't have to spoiler it. <3 It's not like it's gore or anything. I probably look at things others here find disturbing and I have no problem with.

It kind of reminds me of the man whose face was made of butterflies in the Magicians series. He creeped me out too. heh

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Aww, it's ok you don't have to spoiler it. <3 It's not like it's gore or anything. I probably look at things others here find disturbing and I have no problem with.

It kind of reminds me of the man whose face was made of butterflies in the Magicians series. He creeped me out too. heh
    Alrighty <3

Which series, can you link me? It's somewhat surrealist I think.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Alrighty <3

Which series, can you link me? It's somewhat surrealist I think.
    I watched the series first which made me want to read the books.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/50834-the-magicians

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4254242/

For some reason I thought it was butterflies because they appear in the series but now I see it might have been something else as his face. I won't say but here is a spoiler.

http://ew.com/article/2016/01/25/the...east-spoilers/

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

4w5

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    4w5

Thats what you do on your free time?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thats what you do on your free time?
    If I had been alive in the Victorian Era, why not.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A gift for a Type 4.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LED Star Projector, so beautiful

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    If I were to type the song itself, I'd say it is the closest to Sp/Sx 4.
    (The way he wants to be perfect is a nod to the Type 1 integration point aspirations.)

It is an interesting contrast to the other song I just posted, which is rather Sx/Sp 4 imo.
    One of the core charecteristics of type 4 is that we try to reach our own idea of a perfect self and we realize how far from this ideal we are, while 1s are unaware of how far they are from their ideals and have narcissistic tendencies. So I don't really agree this is a 1 integration, more like being a 4... Also I'm 4 so/sx and I perfectly relate to everything he says in the song.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast