Thread: BANKS (singer)

Default BANKS (singer)

INFx sp/sx?

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-05-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Creepy-male

I don't know at all who she is. My first inclination is to say she's Fi-ISFj -- but that's mostly because she reminds me of @sev and Rooney Mara.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESI -- sx/sp area

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    ESI -- sx/sp area
    Not too familiar with stackings/enneagram enough to make frequent guesses but yeah sx/sp was also my general impression too.
    Last edited by male; 01-01-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Some Quotes:

"I felt way down," she says of her teenage years. "I felt very sad and very angry. I didn't know how to express it, who to talk to. I felt like a mute. I felt helpless. I felt crazy. I wanted to shake everyone. I would try to talk about what I was feeling, but no one would get it."

A former psychology student at USC, Banks for the most part detests social media. Twitter, she says, makes her "uncomfortable." She prefers that fans simply text her (she has more than one number). She is also wary of the news media. Although she is open about her emotional struggles, including the divorce of her parents, she expresses dismay that journalists keep citing them as catalysts for her music.

"Like that? That sigh. That's what I felt like," she says. "I had too many words to say, and I didn't know how to say them." Music, she says, was "the major exhale."

In interviews, she's frank and distant, albeit colorfully so, and if not quite shy, she's deliberate with her words. Although one would never guess by the way she commandingly saunters around the stage, she was once reticent to share her music.

Banks is at once flowery (describing a female fan she met on tour as a "beautiful little fairy") and cutthroat (swearing, raising her voice and swiping her hand at the couch while slamming people "who have walls up" when it comes to romance). The contrast manifests itself in songs that play with extremes.

"Sometimes you need a growl," Banks says. "You need a heavy atmosphere. There's no separation between electronic music and acoustic music. It's all one thing. Each song has its own heartbeat. Each song has its own soul. The song 'Stick'? That needed to be chunky and sexy. It's human. It's human to be the girl in 'Stick' and feel spicy as heck."

"Most of them are really wonderful and just saying how much they connect to the music. People open up so much because it's not public," she says. "It's not Twitter, so people feel like they could tell me really personal, amazing things. I think it's really special. I see no reason why I should ever stop doing it."

She is comfortable acting as a sort of spiritual advisor to fans — or even a reporter. During an interview, she is her most casual when giving dating advice. It is relatively easy to open to her. There's an intimacy in her music — a closeness that probes deeper than a peek into someone's diary, a nearness that results from hearing every quake of her vocals.

It's suggested that some of her songs, such as the aggressive "Brain" and the serpentine "This Is What It Feels Like," frame courtship as a game in which everyone is overthinking and the person who reveals the most loses. Best, perhaps, to expose nothing? "Don't do that," she says, waving her hand before saying two words that get to the heart of "Goddess." There's torment, sure, but first and foremost it's a record simply about feeling. "Embrace it," she says.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...020-story.html

Even the appearance of her own personal phone number, posted up on her Facebook page in case her fans ever fancy a chat, seems like something from a mystery thriller. She ventured to the odd open-mic night with her friend Lily but her stage fright was so “horrendous”, she says, that she’d sing with her back to the audience. Music was so personal to her that she kept it secret for 10 years. “I didn’t do it for anybody but my own heart and soul, so it wasn’t necessary to tell anyone,” she says. “I was writing songs that were graphic and gritty and honest and raw; it was like my therapy.”

What really sets Banks apart, though, are her lyrics, particularly her unflinchingly intimate confessionals about doomed relationships. They can be vulnerable and earnest, come hither and coy, and often sound as if she’s reading from her diary, or letters, syllables breathlessly packed in. On Fuck Em Only We Know, an addictive make-out track on her upcoming debut album Goddess, she pulls out touching details like knowing “exactly just how many kisses fit between your eyes”.

“It’s a big thing in my music, to highlight being human, being emotional, and powerful, like a goddess,” she says, just as a dash of inky-black polish is swept over her toes. “I want people to feel the times where they don’t feel good. You should dive into those emotions, because that’s what I do with my music. Being brave enough to just be unapologetic for who you are, that’s a goddess. It’s like, who wants to be a robot?”

anks explains how she came to post her private number on a very public platform. “I wanted to connect to people but in a way that felt more reflective of who I was.” she says. “Twitter and those platforms just didn’t feel natural to me.” So far, her answerphone has been filled with thousands of fans sharing their secrets, would-be collaborators writing new verses to her songs, and the odd call from prison.

She’s hardly consistently confessional: in person, she can be both sweetly guarded and disconcertingly aloof, which is frustrating, considering her music goes so deep. Maybe her glazed sincerity is a consequence of, as she describes in typical Banksian language, “feeling people really hard. I used to swallow people’s energies and then I learned, as I got older, that I’m too sensitive and I had to stop doing that. Now I don’t take as much in.” “It feels like I’ve captured every layer of who I am as a person and an artist and a woman and everything I’m doing my best… I’m being as honest as I can,” she says,

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...r-jimmy-kimmel

BANKS has done the unthinkable. While the 21st century has taught us that it’s perfectly acceptable to broadcast your thoughts en masse and check in your every movement online, you should never, ever give out your digits on the web. So what was she thinking when she posted up her mobile number, writing, “If you ever want to talk...”? As soon as Clash arrives at the hotel room of the rising singer-songwriter and join her on the bed, we get it. Speaking to her is a very intimate experience, as though she’s about to spill all her secrets in one breath. She’s an authority on relationships, emotion, and the way we connect as people.

http://www.clashmusic.com/features/i...sh-meets-banks

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I agree with sx/sp. At least that is how the music sounds to me. She does have the facial expressions of other sx/sp I know.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI..Cool lady.