Member Questionnaire 1 (Transcendence)
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is what is defined as beutifull by current societal standards. Love is a chemical process that happens in a brain. Albeit "love" became more sophisticated along with ages and development of human culture.
What are your most important values?
Being intellectually honest and coherent. Self-awareness and intellectual progress. Seeing things as they really are, not as they are seen by the people. Not being dependant on others.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
When it comes to religion I am agnostic. I hold some believes regarding nature of our universe and our place, what happens after death etc., but these believes are not part of any system. They were shaped by my personal experiences and are private.
Philosophically, I would call myself pragmatist ("what is usefull is true").
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War is essential. War is one of the most fundamental methods of keeping world from overpopulation. It is terrible from humanitarian standpoint, but also necessary. When there is long period of peace, society become unhealthy.
I used to think about going to military as a professional, but I decided that I couldn't bear the discipline. And I wouldn't want to place myself in the center of war.
Power is ability to force people to do what you want them to do, and the ablitity do defend yourself and your interests.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Humanities (philosophy, literature), business, a bit politics. I don't know why, I just find these things either interesting or usefull (or both). Also, I'm pretty hedonistic. Often fixated only on pleasures for long periods of time.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
No and no.
What do you think of daily chores?
I am doing this questionnaire only so I can procrastinate cleaning my house, lol.
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Favourite writers: Hesse, Kafka, Dostoyevsky
Directors: Lynch, Kubrick, Coppola
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I cried when by cat died because I had it for almost 20 years. I smile whenever I see something amusing.
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I prolly don't understand this question. I sometimes feel oneness with universe, though. Usually when I'm in contact with nature, like on a trip or sth.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
They say I am arrogant and cannot cooperate. They are usually right. What I trully dislike is my laziness and constant inertia, though...
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
They often see my stubbornness as a virtue, as well as being knowledgeable, good with money and creative. I like that I am usually able to get what I want, soon or later. Also, that I am direct and honest.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
In every aspect that requires human contact, lol. I would like to have private PR menager who would maintain all contacts with customers and people in general, so I can only sit in a chair and tell them what to do.
Also, I like to have somebody who shows me new interesting things and motivate me to doing new things, starting new projects, etc.
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I felt stuck in a rut when I had 8-4 job in which I cannot develop myself and felt that I waste time. My reaction was opening my own business. Though I am fine with job I find interesting and might come back to 8h system some day.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I dislike people who are judgemental and judge others based on shallow stuff, like what someone wear, how much he earn, who he befriend. I hate gossip.
I get along with people who are generally relaxed and laid back.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Sex is pretty important to me, althought myself I am a bit withdrawn. Sex is physical plesure, but in some situations it could be means of an end. I don't know what else to say, these are things you cannont really rationalize.
About relationships, I recently came to conclusion, that I equally sux with starting and ending them.
I would want a partner who shows some initiative, who is sexy but relaxed and non pretentious at the same time.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I would be primary focused on discovering what are his, or her, natural abilities and what is he/her good at. Then I would try to create him/her good conditions for developing these natural talents.
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Perhaps I would ask my friend to explain what he mean by that. But honestly, I don't really care what people think unless it affects me in direct way.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I hate society but I like people, even if I don't show it. Problems: maybe poverty and social injustice?
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I want reliable friends, on whom I can rely in good and bad times. I am quite relaxed and rather talkative among closest friends.
How do you behave around strangers?
I'm rather shy, because I don't know what to talk about with them. It is better when I'm drunk.