Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSEs and being "a real man" (ESTj)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSEs and being "a real man" (ESTj)

I've wanted to write about what I've sometimes referred to wanting an LSE that's a "real man" and I have some good examples now from the interaction between myself and my bf. I've found the following examples from his behavior a representative of these characteristics. One day he asked me what I was doing the next day, as he often does as to keep track of what's going on, and I told him "I have to give a fasting blood test at 8:30am." He calculates all the actions, saying, "so you can't eat for 12 hours before then and we have about an hour to get you food, baby." Off we go to get food, any food, and plus or minus I had dinner by around 8:45pm.

Another example is when I try to do certain things around him he won't let me do them. He packs and carries all the groceries.

When he was in pain once and you could see that in his eyes, he kept saying "oh well, it is what it is." I felt so touched that he didn't pay it too much attention and dealt with it even though he had stuff to do, never really complaining about it but explaining where it was.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This is looooove.
    Maybe your bf is just a nice person and it's not type related.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    When he was in pain once and you could see that in his eyes, he kept saying "oh well, it is what it is."
    Si-ignoring questionmark

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    Si-ignoring questionmark
    nope; where would you put the Te if you ignored the si? lol you're suggesting that he's TeNi?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si-ignoring questionmark
    He always tells me to rest or relax. he weighs out everything and organizes before he starts any task...plans first.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sounds like he cares about you M

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

fwiw i can emulate this behaviour, and we're not duals.

although my first thought is why you're having a blood test so early in the morning.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope; where would you put the Te if you ignored the si? lol you're suggesting that he's TeNi?
    Te isn't even part of the equation.

He always tells me to rest or relax.
    gentlemanly behavior is NTR, IMO.

he weighs out everything and organizes before he starts any task...plans first.
    sounds like he might be a Farsighted type. doesn't mean he's LSE, though.

my guess? SLE. (because I still don't think you're EII.)

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Te isn't even part of the equation.

gentlemanly behavior is NTR, IMO.

sounds like he might be a Farsighted type. doesn't mean he's LSE, though.

my guess? SLE. (because I still don't think you're EII.)
    Is your point then that because he can continue through pain that he can't be Si, you've heard of Arnold Schwarzenegger? I wonder if your reasons for Maritsa not being EII are equally convincing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Is your point then that because he can continue through pain that he can't be Si
    no, just that him dismissing his physical pain by saying, "oh well, it is what it is" might point to Si-ignoring.

you've heard of Arnold Schwarzenegger?
    of course I have. so what?

I wonder if your reasons for Maritsa not being EII are equally convincing.
    you probably wouldn't think so. good thing I don't care about what you think.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no, just that him dismissing his physical pain by saying, "oh well, it is what it is" might point to Si-ignoring.
    Then apart from someone continuing through some level of pain, what else points to SLE?

Is there any point in asking this question?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

the difference between him and other duals that I've dated is the initiative. I feel that most other LSE have their d**** wrapped so tightly around their "independence" that they just don't know how to take the lead on the Te stuff for the relationship.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

of course I have. so what?

you probably wouldn't think so. good thing I don't care about what you think.
    "you should go home tonight baby. the traffic in the morning is bad and it will take you forever to get to glendale. But, I don't want you to go home, it's late and it's not safe to drive at this time. No, you should probably go home since I don't want you to wake up at 6 and not get to sleep. No, I want you to stay, I just want to take you into the room and . No you should go home, I'm in pain and I'm not going to be good company."

Indecisive, reliable, harsh sometimes, factors everything into a decision, watches movement of thing around him, "I watched 15 cars go by and they still ave not done x"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    fwiw i can emulate this behaviour, and we're not duals.

although my first thought is why you're having a blood test so early in the morning.
    I can understand that, however it's that suspicious "why" that makes me feel bad. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough or that I don't measure up as a human being to be possible sick, like I should be strong enough to not have one in the first place. It makes me feel all sorts of things that I don't like to feel. In reality he can factor in why I would need a blood test because he remembers facts about me. I told him about my liver and my thyroid. He diagnoses himself and everyone else before they have a chance to see the doctor lol. Maybe if you know the why beforehand you would be less suspicious? Like I've said my SLE tried to diagnose my hand problem he said it's carpal tunnel which wasn't the problem, funny enough; he gets a lot wrong. My bf was right on, he said it's an injury probably tendonitis.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-23-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Fasting blood tests are typically 8 hours of NPO (save for water) not 12.

He sounds like you like him.
    He said they say 8 but I should do 12
    -

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly you haven't had an SLI of my caliber.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to take you into the room and
    Aggressor erotic attitude/10

No you should go home, I'm in pain and I'm not going to be good company.
    Fe-valuing/10

harsh sometimes
    Fi-PoLR/10

factors everything into a decision
    Farsighted/10

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aggressor erotic attitude/10

Fe-valuing/10

Fi-PoLR/10

Farsighted/10
    Oh he's SLE? Ok! Yum...best SLE that I ever dated. I'm keeping him. Thanks!
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you finally agree you aren't EII?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so you finally agree you aren't EII?
    You pick and choose info to support your idea og me. It's clear In how much info that you've ignored here. You can't admit that can you? You're also so narrow in the scope of what you take in that you have not considered how I'm really like as a person. I'm not IEI because I'm compassionate and I lack the selfisb acqusition of goods and property to secure my own self from my partner. I've never been in a relationship where I used forms of stalking blackmail and other malicious activities against others. That if you had the common openness to read about the interaction between IEI and LSE in the article thread you would find that is how IEI are like when things go bad.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You pick and choose info to support your idea og me. It's clear In how much info that you've ignored here. You can't admit that can you? You're also so narrow in the scope of what you take in that you have not considered how I'm really like as a person. I'm not IEI because I'm compassionate and I lack the selfisb acqusition of goods and property to secure my own self from my partner. I've never been in a relationship where I used forms of stalking blackmail and other malicious activities against others. That if you had the common openness to read about the interaction between IEI and LSE in the article thread you would find that is how IEI are like when things go bad.
    What's an EII like when it's bad?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What's an EII like when it's bad?
    We leave with nothing in our hand.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We leave with nothing in our hand.
    Seems like IEI have it better covered then.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems like IEI have it better covered then.
    They are more realistic not idealistic. I get into a relationship not gor a position of any kind but for love, trust, care, bond. Ideals that I strongly uphold and once broken, it does me no good to have shit stuff with empty meanings. Human connections have meanings stuff is for show.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are more realistic not idealistic. I get into a relationship not gor a position of any kind but for love, trust, care, bond. Ideals that I strongly uphold and once broken, it does me no good to have shit stuff with empty meanings. Human connections have meanings stuff is for show.
    I'll show you the money and have a million EIIs

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Good luck with that; )
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I await the next breakup and rapid boyfriend re-typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I await the next breakup and rapid boyfriend re-typing.
    I don'y expect anything decent from you pple. Straight from the shit squad!
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be, what, the 3rd/5th time I've seen it happen? Seriously I've given up counting this childish misuse and abuse of socionics.

So hum yeah, good luck; because by god Maritsa, you really need it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    This will be, what, the 3rd/5th time I've seen it happen? Seriously I've given up counting this childish misuse and abuse of socionics.

So hum yeah, good luck; because by god Maritsa, you really need it.
    Thanks for the luck. Now move on!
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't admit that can you?
    lol, of course I can. part of the reason I do what I do is becuz it annoys you. I still don't think you're EII, though.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@heavynurse, are you clever enough to realise you just blatantly admitted to trolling?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@heavynurse, are you clever enough to realise you just blatantly admitted to trolling?
    lol, I considered saying, "it's so much fun to troll you", but I decided that was a bad idea. evidently it didn't matter. I can't help it, she just gets so flustered.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, I considered saying, "it's so much fun to troll you", but I decided that was a bad idea. evidently it didn't matter. I can't help it, she just gets so flustered.
    this is type related.
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is type related.
    you think so?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll think on that later. I gotta think about this one thing now. what was I going to do? Oh yeah....so I noticed something that struck a "oh wow" moment. LSE love to tell people to do "go do x, y, z" I've often said that in duality the dual pair will sometimes think or do what the other pair wanted when they are open and receptive of the other in a loving way. I took my bf's mom flowers and the following week I walked in and grabbed them to refresh them. i placed them back and my bf walked in the living room and said "why don't you put water in the flowers?" I said, "I have already honey." He looked at them and we had this moment of silence like "wow, it's done." I had already done that. It was that moment. Like wow How did I know that needed to be done and I just did it without thinking a second thought about it. And he asked about it. Strange moment. Another moment, when my dual cousin and I were taking my cousin who has cancer to the museum I locked the gate promptly after she pulled out of the drive way. My dual cousin got out of the car and said "close the gate" which I had already done. It's as if in my dual pair I just do the things that need to get done naturally so I'm kind of ahead of the demand curve of the LSE requests.

It's such a blank state to realize what needed to be done got done. It's done and there's this moment of "oh!" Silence. *well, what now?*
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll think on that later.
    cool, I look forward to hearing (reading?) what you have to say.

LSE love to tell people to do "go do x, y, z"
    eh, I don't think that's type-related.

I've often said that in duality the dual pair will sometimes think or do what the other pair wanted when they are open and receptive of the other in a loving way.
    yeah, it's like you unknowingly satisfy your dual's desires by just being yourself.

I took my bf's mom flowers and the following week I walked in and grabbed them to refresh them. i placed them back and my bf walked in the living room and said "why don't you put water in the flowers?" I said, "I have already honey." He looked at them and we had this moment of silence like "wow, it's done." I had already done that. It was that moment. Like wow How did I know that needed to be done and I just did it without thinking a second thought about it. And he asked about it. Strange moment.
    I think a) you're reading too much into this, and b) such moments can also happen with non-dual pairs like activity partners, semi-duals, and especially benefit partners (because benefit partners match up in terms of positivism/negativism and process/result).

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flower water.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the difference between him and other duals that I've dated is the initiative. I feel that most other LSE have their d**** wrapped so tightly around their "independence" that they just don't know how to take the lead on the Te stuff for the relationship.
    hahahhaha maritsa i love you so much. never change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast