Thread: Szondi Test

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Default Szondi Test

Short version of a strange old test, from the 1930s, that considered homosexuality and epilepsy mental disorders.

http://www.playbuzz.com/arielw/szond...essed-emotions

It is a projective personality test, the same category of the most-known Rorschach test, but with the crucial difference of being nonverbal. The test consists in showing the examinee a series facial photographs,[26] displayed in six groups of eight each. All 48 subjects featured in the photogtaphs are mental patients, each group containing a photo of a person whose personality had been classified as homosexual, a sadist, an epileptic, an hysteric, a katatonic, a paranoid, a depressive and a maniac. The subject is asked to choose the two most appealing and the two most repulsive photos of each group. The choices will supposedly reveal the subject satisfied and unsatisfied instinctive drive needs, and the subject's dimensions of personality.[27] Each photo is supposed to be a stimulus apt to detect the pulsional drive tendencies of the examinee, from which the main personality traits can surface.[28] Szondi said that for some disturbed examinees the stimulus of seeing the photo of a mental patient with the same pathology caused them to have crisis and convulsions during the test examination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szondi_test
    I took it twice because I was stuck between two choices but the first one gave me a stronger gut reaction right away. The second one creeped up on me and I created a story, in my head, of how that could play out.

You picked The Catatonic portrait.

One of the features of this mental disorder is the excessive stimulation of imagination and cognition in general, and negativism. If this unshaven but smiling gentleman caused negative feelings in you, you may have repressed some hyperactivity of your mind in the past, which could make you lose touch with reality if it had not been transferred to your unconscious.
    Today, you tend to adopt stereotypical behaviors and do not like innovations and changes. Maybe you’re the type of timid and diffident person, who finds it particularly difficult to adapt to new situations. Your biggest fear is to lose self-control. You are a bit stiff, often defensive and perhaps inhibited person who never deviates from the ‘behavior codex’.

If this young man seems dangerous and depraved to you, perhaps early in your childhood you repressed an identity problem, or a problem with your gender identity.
    Today, if the defense mechanism of denial worked, you may have a tendency to constantly confirm your biological sex. In this case, your behaviors, manners and appearance emphasize that you are a real man or a real woman. If you’re a man, you are very “macho”, and if you are a woman, you always try to look feminine and seek to flirt and attract men.

http://www.learning-mind.com/szondi-...t-hidden-self/

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That dude simply looks the creepiest of them all and this has nothing to do with me ftw.

3) Katatonic

Repression
    Some features of this mental disorder is the excessive stimulation of imagination and cognition in general and negativism. If this unshaven but smiling gentleman caused negative feelings in you, you may have repressed some hyperactivity of your mind, which could make you lose touch with reality if it had not been transferred to your unconscious.

Denial
    You tend to adopt stereotypical behaviors and do not like innovations and changes. Maybe you’re the type of timid and diffident person, who finds it particularly difficult to adapt to new situations. Your biggest fear is to lose self-control. You are a bit stiff, often defensive and perhaps inhibited person who never deviates from the ‘behavior codex’.

Read more at: http://www.learning-mind.com/szondi-...t-hidden-self/

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You picked The Epileptic portrait.

When we talk about personality disorders associated with brain disease, damage and dysfunction, some of the diagnostic features can be impulsiveness, irritability, the outbursts of anger and aggression. If this stout gentleman with a round head caused revulsion and fear in you, it is likely that early in your childhood, you repressed some of such feelings and behaviors of anger and impulsiveness to your subconscious.
    Today, it is most likely that you are a kind and peaceful person. Being meek and friendly, you give the impression of a responsible and self-controlled person. You are stable in your feelings and easily bond with people, ideas and objects.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

@mercutio results:

You picked The Hysteric portrait.

Some personality traits of hysterical people are superficial and unstable emotions, narcissism and exhibitionism. If you chose this strange lady with heavy eyelids as the person that scares you most, maybe it’s because you have repressed an insatiable desire to captivate attention and a thirst for approval.
    Today, you give the impression of a modest person with intense introversion. However, in reality, seeming a quiet and shy person, you may possess an overpowering desire to charm others. You meticulously take care of your appearance and behavior. You always try to be elegant and well-dressed, complementing your clothes with accessories that attract the attention of others. You are likely to choose a rare/extravagant profession or hobby.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You picked The Epileptic portrait.

When we talk about personality disorders associated with brain disease, damage and dysfunction, some of the diagnostic features can be impulsiveness, irritability, the outbursts of anger and aggression. If this stout gentleman with a round head caused revulsion and fear in you, it is likely that early in your childhood, you repressed some of such feelings and behaviors of anger and impulsiveness to your subconscious.
    Today, it is most likely that you are a kind and peaceful person. Being meek and friendly, you give the impression of a responsible and self-controlled person. You are stable in your feelings and easily bond with people, ideas and objects.

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    I don't find any of these people terribly creepy.
    Maybe we should add your pic as a ninth option.

I kid, I kid.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None were very bad, but I had to choose:

You picked The Schizophrenic portrait.

If this impassive gaze and poker face gave you goose bumps, you probably repressed a feeling of indifference towards others and withdrawal from things and events at an early stage of your childhood.
    Today, you are probably quite a sociable person. You believe in socializing and communication with others, and going out often. The sociability is rather misleading and perhaps hides an isolated person who lives with the feeling of being always alone. Your relationships may seem impersonal and superficial, as if they lack any true feeling. Deep down, you may feel that you do not really need others and coexistence with them.

Creepy-male

I didn't find any of the portraits to be particularly disturbing. I instead went with what I found myself to be most drawn to.

You picked The Schizophrenic portrait.

If this impassive gaze and poker face gave you goose bumps, you probably repressed a feeling of indifference towards others and withdrawal from things and events at an early stage of your childhood.
    Today, you are probably quite a sociable person. You believe in socializing and communication with others, and going out often. The sociability is rather misleading and perhaps hides an isolated person who lives with the feeling of being always alone. Your relationships may seem impersonal and superficial, as if they lack any true feeling. Deep down, you may feel that you do not really need others and coexistence with them.