TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti types and self-assesment

This is valid especially for creatives.

Start with this: you suck at self-assesment. Keep it in mind throughout the explanation.

The motivation resides in the fact that normal self-assesment is not done by relying on , which deals with comparisons between sets of data, and organization of them into hyerarchical structures.

If you just take a description and try to apply the traits to yourself, you're always gonna fit. Because you do not automatically evaluate their absolute value. Instead, you use your Pe fucntion to gather data that sustains the assesment. This way, you really go nowhere.

The right approach is to follow a thinking patter that goes on this line:

Trait: Upbeat. Me thinks, yes I'm upbeat. However, in order to decide whether this trait is pertaining to my personality, or not, I have to think "MMmmh, let's think about other people. Most of them seem to be much more upbeat than me. Therefore, upbeat is nota trait of my personality".

Trait: Go-Getter. Me thinks, no I'm a lazy ass. However, I also think that maaany many many many people are pansies that cannot stand up for themselves. So yes, this is a trait to take into consideration, in spite of my initial self-assesment.

Another tendency to combat is the one that ignores contradictory data. Take Rmcnew, he wrote an ENTp descritpion, and he's still looking for his type. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ti types and self-assesment

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Another tendency to combat is the one that ignores contradictory data. Take Rmcnew, he wrote an ENTp descritpion, and he's still looking for his type. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Is this *really* related to Ti? If so, I'm changing my type back again.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not exactly sure about that bit. I think ExTps know when they do it, and do it on purpose to prove their point.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit