Thread: PoLRs shortcut and type differences

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PoLRs shortcut and type differences

I've encountered this description among the polr threads and have some questions about it
    are these characterization even remotely applicable?
    do polrs differ this much between different types?
    what do you think of the shortcut provided to identifying polr functions?

-Fi PoLR of ILE: not noticing negative ethical markers; naive, child-like, too open and forgiving approach to other people (similar to type EII)
    +Fi PoLR of SLE: not noticing positive ethical markers; somewhat tough, vigilant, overcome to be defeated approach to other people (similar to type ESI)

-Ne PoLR of LSI not seeing negative potential; builds plans on how to advance forward but doesn't take into account all the possibilities that could lead to ruination; "I had a perfectly reasoned out plan, why did it fail?", searches for culprits
    +Ne PoLR of ESI not seeing positive potential; doesn't recognize good prospects and advantageous circumstances for moving ahead, ends up running herself into a corner; professionally, takes up humdrum jobs that pay the bills now but hold little future potential

+Te PoLR of IEI: doesn't notice note of what actions and productive and advantageous; doesn't build any plans or courses of action for his or her own advancement but acts on a whim.
    - Te PoLR of SEI: doesn't take note of what actions are unproductive and deleterious, or she would have kicked out her ILE boyfriend a long time ago lol.

When you're trying to decide what kind of information gets ignored by each type of PoLR, think about what information the leading function of their conflict type specialized in. For example, +Fi of EII specializes in noting good, positive, harmonious personal sentiments, works, and attitudes in herself and in others. This is exactly the type of information that +Fi of SLE will ignore: the SLE doesn't pay any attention to his or her own inner personal emotional harmony, neither to that of others.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought PolR was a point of pain?

Is this the outward manifestation? So for an ILE they say it's similar to EII outwardly, but inwardly ILE is constantly unsure of people's feelings for him but puts on a defensive front etc

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE PoLR - Always put best foot forward, be positive but assume that one is not really liked so therefore one can be happy when one is/it is a bonus, but still, be ready to go through this every time one meets again as it's a somewhat never ending cycle with most people encountered.
    ?
    Last edited by Shay; 12-18-2014 at 10:31 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    I've encountered this description among the polr threads and have some questions about it
    are these characterization even remotely applicable?
    do polrs differ this much between different types?
    what do you think of the shortcut provided to identifying polr functions?
    Well Fi is a conscious function with ILE and SLE so they both notice and are aware of ethical markers which is that they also like to comment on things they notice to be right or wrong, which attracts EII to them both. I noticed good qualities in people and they take a center role with me. For instance a person who would normally have or show lots of negative qualities, such as my LSE bf who tends to be harsh, controlling, etc...I notice that he cares for me in his odd ways which may come off controlling to others. He notices and likes that I point these positive traits about him. SLE will look at action and interpret that in terms of for example when my SLE friend sold a bag of coffee to another SLE who handed his wallet over to him to take the cash for the payment of the coffee, my SLE friend said to me "you know what that is? that is a sign of a man who trusts me." So he's reading external cues of inner motivations while I'm interjecting inner motivations into a person without looking at external signs or behaviors. Both SLE and ILE have this way of being friendly and silly and joking with people that I kind of envy. They can exist neutrally around people and observe. I often shy away or I don't like my energy being swamped so I will run away or I'll pick and choose my comfort interactions of the day or the moment. I'm much less outgoing although in my heart I desire to be. I just want more planned actions.