Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psychic

The first thing I wanna make clear here is thst I'm well aware of how cheap fortune tellers can give you cookie-cutter psychoanalytical jargon that applies to everyone and make you think their powers are legit so they can con you out of their money.

That said, I doubt an "unhealthy view of reciprocation" and "not enough conflict in your life" are very common tropes for a psychic to give you.

So anyway, here's the full story.

I had this friend who was interpreting people's dreams. Normally I'd think it was either a scam psychic or just someone skimming a quick Freudian interpretation book. She wasn't charging money. A lot of the interpretations she gave other people seemed to be obvious logical conclusions based on the archetypes in their dreams.

Than I told her mine:
    I was in NYC at a gift shop in a subway station. Everyone laughed at me for being a retard because my tongue slipped and I said something stupid. I went away from the station to my hotel room, which was in a building made of Legoes. All the floors were the same, empty, with all walls made of glass. When I got to the room that was my floor, there was a girl dressed as a blAck fox in the courtyard, and I stepped to the window to watch. At her feet, black and white flowers grew, and she pulled them up and handed them to dogs, who stood on two legs upon receiving them.
    From that dream, she said I had a "skewed view of reciprocation." That one's odd. I'd never specified I had been at the gift shop to buy anyone anything, and a skewed view of reciprocation doesn't seem like a problem most people would have--it's more of a guilty, chronic masochistic issue people have noticed in me personally. Thing is, I was kinda thinking about how I feeled indebted to the world and how I will need to do some massive thing to repay them someday in the future. So it's odd she gave me that.

In another, my high school was in Baghdad and an invasion sweeping the country was bound to reach it. I hugged a girl in the halls. School ended, and the halls grew dark and crowded, and I was relatively small. I was the last one out of the building and I forgot my stuff, so I had to run back in to get it. The principal, displeased with my inadequacy, held the door open as I ran back in to the building, now pitch black because the lights were off.
    The psychic said I didn't have enough conflict in my life, that I'd end up fueled by guilt to protect people and I wouldn't stand up enough for myself to shake them off. With that, too, I was also thinking about my own lack of strength and future of needing to protect everyone, indebtedness. The odd part is, nothing in this dream indicated the results I got, yet they seemed to fit. It wasn't like those situations where "I dreamed about a spear going up my ass/You're gay and hiding it" or "I dreamt I was small/You're painfully shy and no one likes you." The meanings seemed so arbitrary to the scenarios yet mirrored my actual thoughts and fears.
    And, I'd never seen this person before. She couldn't have just been piecing together observations she'd made about me.

So, most recently, i dreamed about me and my father being sent back to the past in Afghanistan to stop my aunt from ruining the past. We landed in a desert next to an empty cattle pen. In the distance ahead of me were these hammer-like giant metal structures in a row sticking out of the ground. To the distant left, equally far away, there were these 8-bit cliffs identical to the kind in the original Legend of Zelda video game with the ocean at their base. From what happened thru the rest of the dream, the psychic said I had a desire for independence. That's fairly common and could be another cheap psychic trope that you could apply to anyone, but like I said, she'd given spot-on insights to my mind from seemingly unrelated dreams in the past.
    But the funny thhing she said was that the ocean, however insignificant its role had been, meant something really seriously important, but she could never place it.

So, yeah, that's why I'm here.
    Any psychics on this site who can do this kinda thing, I had a dream where there was an ocean surrounded by 8-bit cliffs in the distance, and I didn't interact with them at all. My dad and I were in Afghanistan time traveling to the past to stop my aunt. I almost laid down in the cattle pens but was warned they might contain mad cow disease. Then we went to a rowhouse where all these teenagers were, and I needed to make them party in order to fix the past. We all sat on a bench, and they refused to party until someone slipped up and started the party, so I had to be the first one to make them do it. I kept trying to, but I kept backing out because I felt too bad about it. The psychic said the dream meant I desired independence.
    Tell me the meaning of the insignificant ocean if you can.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second one is easy. Fear of being tardy and failing a lot of people at possibly critical time. She just went from there and said that someone is going to abuse your will to compensate for perceived inadequacy and possible future mistakes. The not enough conflict part is just bs, right?

edit: finally installed spellcheck...

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could venture a guess: I could actually see this type of interpretation stemming from understanding how regular cognition manifests in dreams. She probably just BS's whatever she doesn't completely understand and suggestible people fall for it. I'm pretty fascinated how certain sensory stimulation or just certain thoughts manifests in my dreams. When I'm on the edge of sleep, if I can manage to, I will try to use metacognition to get an idea of how a certain thought turned into an image or if I'm listening to music I will try to understand how the words turn into images or movements. I still have very little understanding of how it works, but I have a better understanding than before and I could see getting better in the future. Once you understood how your own thoughts worked in your dreams it might not be too hard to strip down what's particular to certain people and what's more universal.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    If I could venture a guess: I could actually see this type of interpretation stemming from understanding how regular cognition manifests in dreams. She probably just BS's whatever she doesn't completely understand and suggestible people fall for it. I'm pretty fascinated how certain sensory stimulation or just certain thoughts manifests in my dreams. When I'm on the edge of sleep, if I can manage to, I will try to use metacognition to get an idea of how a certain thought turned into an image or if I'm listening to music I will try to understand how the words turn into images or movements. I still have very little understanding of how it works, but I have a better understanding than before and I could see getting better in the future. Once you understood how your own thoughts worked in your dreams it might not be too hard to strip down what's particular to certain people and what's more universal.
    Yeah, I can do something similar. During a dream, I deliberately analyze everything that's going on and try to build a clear step-by-step narrative of what events take place. Sometimes an event I don't understand I will zoom in on closer and it will replay itself a couple of times until it comes into focus, and I'll say to myself in the back of my mind "this happened" during the dreaming. I summarize what's happening as it's happening. Makes a lot of them easier to remember. I gotta research into lucid sometime.