Thread: A brief guide to Socionics

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A brief guide to Socionics

Hi. I'm writing a brief introduction to Socionics as a part of my upcoming book (in which I would like to include it as an appendix). I'd like to hear constructive comments and criticism on the topic.

So far, I'm writing a super condensed resume to guide a more detailed document:

Socionics is a typological system developed by Aušra Augustinavičiūtė, a part of psychology. It is based on the concept of information metabolism. Following Jung in his dichotomic model, it divides reality into eight information elements: sensing and intuition (perception) and logics and ethics (judgement), each having an extroverted (contingent) and introverted (self sustainable) variant. By arranging this information elements according to some basic and invariable rules, one obtains hierarchical information processing pipelines, which are commonly understood as types. The first rule is that functions work in pairs of opposites (perception and judgement, introverted an extroverted, etc.) called loops. The second rule is that the usage of a given information element results in its opposite being blocked, so even if all functions are accessible, some of them are used more frequently, which results in a preference or bias toward a given aspect of reality. The most preferred information elements are said to be valued. A type is a basic foundation for the operation of the human mind, from which a full personality is developed by adding actual information to it, commonly understood as experience. Socionics differs from all typologies in that it proposes a super structure that goes beyond individual types: the Socion. All information elements possess an unique value to the Socion, and by extension, so do types. The Socion allows Socionics to transcend individuality and establish information metabolism at a social scale, defining a fixed set of intertype interactions, recorded in compatibility tables. This interactions revolve mostly around compensating for intrinsic weaknesses. The most important groups defined in Socionics are Quadras (shared values), Clubs (shared strategies) and Temperaments (shared methods).
    Last edited by mikemex; 12-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    If we share something constructive, will you mention us in the credits and/or send some of the profit from the book our way?
    After 2910 posts I think your question is silly at best.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I would rather talk about a foundation on which an individuality is built, and also mention that there are a lot of other, non-socionics aspects to the development of that personality, keeping in mind that Socionics is one of the most important foundations. A framework suggest something more rigid.
    Thanks. I just added your suggestion and done a bit polishing.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated with some extra polishing.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some extra polishing.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Some extra polishing.
    Forgive my ignorance - where do I look for this extra-polished version?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy