Thread: List all of your socionics mistypes

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default List all of your socionics mistypes

List your mistypings both on socionics tests and other peoples' mistypings of you. Both are quite fallible- I want to see what's more fallible for people.

My self-typing is LII. I'm about 97% sure it's correct.

On tests:
    About 50% of the time I score LII.
    I have also scored at least once as ILI, ILE, EII, and LIE
    Socionics tests, for the most part, suck

Other peoples' typings of me:
    Again about 50% type me as LII, the other guesses are all over the map. Of the guesses for LII, half thought it was pretty obvious but the other half said, it just leans a little more that way.
    I've been typed by others as every introverted type, plus ILE and IEE. That's 10/16 types!

Am I that hard to type or are peoples' understanding of socionics screwed up? Or people type me based on what they observed from me at the moment. I do or say something that suggests ethics and I get typed as EII or SEI.

Does subtype make a difference? I think it does. I think if your subtype matches your base function, you're probably less prone to getting mistyped because you're closer to the 'stereotypical' image of that type.

Are some people just harder to type than others?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I self typed myself as INTp I'm about 98% certain. I went with the Ni subtype because prefer to meditate, contemplate, plan, design, evaluate, and analyze than making things happen most of the time. I'm only about 70% certain of my subtype I feel like my behaviors change depending on the circumstances. Alternatively I could be ISTp, ENTj, INTj or INFp I suppose.

I think I am very difficult to type because I can display a very wide range of behaviors. I can go from my usual serious, cold, aloof, objective, logical, indifferent, analytical, philosophical self and shift to playful, whimsical, empathic, creative, mischievous, spiritual. I blame it on hidden agenda and dual seeking but I might just have a split personality.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Before I knew socionics existed, my LII brother was considering ILE for me. Once introduced to socionics, I knew I was LSE, but later he told me he thought I was ESE. Since I'm LSE-Si, mistaking me for an ESE is the least-absurd mistyping possible. Niffweed called me an LSI and Maritsa once thought I was SEE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people who didn't agree with SLI typed me ILI which isn't too bad of a guess. Others, who saw me more of a Si/Ne-person, suggested LII.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Before I knew socionics existed, my LII brother was considering ILE for me. Once introduced to socionics, I knew I was LSE, but later he told me he thought I was ESE. Since I'm LSE-Si, mistaking me for an ESE is the least-absurd mistyping possible. Niffweed called me an LSI and Maritsa once thought I was SEE.
    Maritsa thought I was SEE at one time too before moving onto SLI. If you haven't been Maritsa-typed as SEE, you haven't been on the forum long enough.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I tested ESI, ILI, LSI, EII, EIE, IEI, and SEE. In MBTI results were usually INTJ, ISFP, INFJ, or INFP.

On the forum a few ppl probably took me for LSI, IEI, ILI (..?...)... but I don't actually know, because I've never bothered to make an official "oh, come! come type meh" threat, so I could only infer the types some had in mind for me.

Enneagram-wise I had the honor to be explicitly listed as E6 and E3 (!). I can only understand the former to a certain extent ... the latter is still an enigma to me, especially since I heard no arguments for that typing.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-13-2014 at 08:34 PM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I self type IEI.

On socionics tests I usually get IEI, have gotten EII a few times and one time I got SEI-Fe.
    In MBTI I have only ever gotten INFP, usually with the P/J on the borderline, but always slightly preferring P.

I don't know what other people type me. I've never done a typing thread or anything and don't know any socionics enthusiasts irl.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Mostly I test as all IN's and occasionally EN's.
    Dichotomy wise I think I turn out as either INFp or INTj.
    Some here think I am INFj.
    Most who know me in person think I am NT with NF as a backup.
    Enneagram 9, 5 or possibly even 2 are most likely.
    I remain unsure of my type.
    That's funny, I thought you were EII but didn't realize you didn't self-type as that...

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been typed ILI, LSI, LII, and LIE a lot. A few SLE or ILE here or there.
    Have a different opinion on my type? Message me or tell me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self type and Test IEI
    Been typed SLI, LSI, SLE, EIE, ILI, and EII by others.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've originally tested as INFJ in MBTI.

Many people argued about that type for me on forums and suggested INFP (EII), ENFP (IEE), and ENFJ (EIE).

Once I came here, I've been suggested EIE, SEI-Fe, ESE, IEE, SEE, and most likely some other types but I can't remember.

On Socionics tests, I type frequently as EIE and IEE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally tested ILI or LII, without any variance otherwise. Here, I am typed mostly as IEI with some debating with EII..

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mistyped as LSI (MBTI ISTP) when I didn't know anything and took a random online test.
    Then I got back into it a month later and typed myself as LII for a while as I researched all this. People around me bought it and agreed until I ran into actual LIIs (not just the forum majority of mistyped IEIs - so many IEIs think they're LII, it's creepy). My brother turned out to be one (he's like a poster boy for LII) and I had scrap all I thought I knew and learn even more.

Since then, after a LOT of research I reached IEI and haven't changed my type for many years as I continued to study.
    I very thoroughly researched EIE and EII for possibility of being one of them.

No one ever disagreed with me on my type, but that might be because I write like an authority on the subject and knew more about MBTI than newbies there who usually throw mistype accusations around. The intimidation factor could have deterred people from questioning my type.
    But people who know more than me never said anything either so... =/

Only one girl kept accusing me of being EII because I called her thinking EII-like first. xD

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Most common type suggestion I get from others is one of IxTx types. Someone pm'ed me as soon as two months after I've joined this forum to inform me that my type is ILI.

Typings from online communities: ILI, LII, EII, IEI, LSI, SLI, SEI, IEE, EIE
    Results I've gotten on some socionics tests: SLE, ESI, LSE

The typing process has, so far, left out only the ENTx and ESFx types.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never mistyped myself. But I came to socionics as an "ISFP" so there was a moment of confusion with the j/p thing in mbti. I quickly discovered that my intertype relationships pointed at SEI. One could say that all the lines crossed there. So I thru the "j/p switch" out the window and realized that im actually Si base.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish we had more on Si base, its so mysterious

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My types are mistypes, that's what I type as.

I've been typed... LII, SEI, IEE, EII, and IEI. I bet someone has typed me ILE too. Maybe SLI.

I only outright disagree with IEE really, and ILE.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, ILE, LII, ESI, EII were all considered. Actually I think I was more EII when younger. Scored INFP on MBTI when I was first introduced to mbti. But the more I got to know different people, the more I realized I'm just ILI. In all honesty I think I actually was more Fi when younger, but changed due to nurture. It's not a far change from EII, considering they are benefit pairs and often get confused for each other in typing threads.
    good bye

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i actually remember the timeline pretty well.

i remember my teacher introducing us to typology (mbti) in tenth grade, i don't remember what i scored but i do remember subtly making fun of her. "blah blah how can you think that people are so simple?" then i re-discovered mbti after a depressive slump, here i do remember my result. i'm pretty sure i scored infj before i forgot about it again. i don't remember how i came across it the third time, but i scored infp, which i related to very strongly. that's when i joined a typology forum where i was retyped Ne-dom (entp > enfp) which is what i stuck with because i wasn't invested enough to care. i think i eventually settled with Fi-dom, but my results kept leading me back to nfp with a slight preference for extraversion. i recently found my first socionics results which were eii-fi with a 99% likelihood of iee-fi. i've considered most of the ethical types, but i think i just like to talk about myself.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First MBTI test I took gave me 4 possible results, I think it was mostly the IPs . . . don't remember, but they were all introverted types at any rate. After that, I mostly scored INTJ and ISTJ in MBTI tests. I originally typed as LII, but considered all the IJs when I first came upon socionics. I always scored as beta in Hugo's tests, regardless of what self-typing I was considering, on other tests my current self-typing was often reflected in the result, except that LSI came through as a result regardless of current self-typing more often than not, but because I wasn't typing as LSI at the time, I often dismissed those results as wrong. After a time, it became easy to see my own bias, how I was being influenced by my perception and making things fit to get the result that matched my current typing. It wasn't a conscious effort to game the tests or anything, it's just what happens and I see other people being similarly influenced without realizing it.

I don't really like descriptions and stereotypes, and prefer the aspectonics approach, as that seems far more informative, interesting and applicable to me. So, instead of saying, "I'm like this caricature of a person" I can say the elements I use most often and with the most skill (imo) and prefer to look at other people in the same way. So, as far as other people "mistyping me". . . eh, it's usually because they are trying to decide what caricature to paint me as, and so whatever picture they've formed in their mind - well, it's how they see me. I saw a few SLI typings on the spreadsheet for example, and while if you've read my posts over the years it's difficult to see where anyone might justify Si lead for me, I can see how some people might take a stereotyped view of some of my posts out of context and form that opinion. It's not such a bad option in that light. I have also been typed as ESI, EII, IEE, ILI, SLE. . . I think that's it, by various people at different times.

Also, first impressions/typings often stick, meaning if someone introduces themselves as a certain type and talks often of how they are that type, that can influence a lot of people to accept it. So, just because someone believes they are some type, and they have convinced a lot of other people to come to the same conclusion, doesn't really mean anything regarding what elements they actually favor. Even, or especially if they fit the caricature of the type.

Edit: Oh yeah, need to add LSE to the list also. Someone once suggested LSE for me too.
    Last edited by squark; 05-02-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Types others have given me: ILE, ILI, EII, IEI, LII, IEE, SLI, LSI, ESI .... That's all I can think of for now.

I've been told I'm difficult to type. Not sure why.

I can get whatever type I want on a test, so those are pretty irrelevant. I don't take any of them seriously.
    Last edited by Aramas; 05-02-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first type MBTI test gave me: ISTJ.

LOL

I kind of wanted be like one.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been typed as LII, LSI, EII, ESI, and LIE. When I was green I considered these to be serious possibilities, but I no longer do.

I have been ridiculously typed as ESE and SEI. I never considered these to be serious possibilities.

I have been typed as SLI. I still consider this to be a serious possibility, but there appears to be more evidence in favor of ILI.

On socionics tests I've only ever scored as ILI, LII, or SLI.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only mistype was ILI. People tend to type me as LII, ILI and LSI, but 95% of them agree with my self typing.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I first discovered MBTI I typed as ESFP. When I learned about socionics I realized I was an Ne user, not Se at all so I typed as IEE for a long time without really questioning it. I was focused more on enneagram. I'm typing at ILE now because I am clearly Alpha and I think I vastly overestimated my Fi skills lol.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many. It's part of the reason I've been out of the loop for a while, but most of that had to do with life. I initially tested as IEI on MBTI (I was a high school freshman) and quickly found socionics and this forum in 2004. In my sophomore year of university, I changed self-typing to ILI. In my last year of college, I did a heel turn and thought SEE was more logical. My relationship with an SLI who is now my wife changed me. A lot. All for the better. I also started smoking weed and taking meds for anxiety and depression. I became more relaxed and enthused with life and began to be less controlled by Complex PTSD. I later thought that maybe I was IEE. So far, it's been sticking really well.

No one in the forum really was given the chance to know me-know me. So there was really little opportunity for them to type me anything with much confidence. The atmosphere then was kind of hostile and being a highly paranoid individual, I didn't try to reveal too much information about myself that could have made for conclusive evidence.

Maybe I am biased. I am often so concerning my own self-perception, but this is how it went.

My typings of other people in my life and for certain celebrities and such remain little changed. I have used socionics since I first came aware of the theory to the point it's barely conscious that I do so. But my preoccupation otherwise has waned. My general tendency towards psychoanalysis has not, though. I guess that's why I'm here atm while my spouse is in another state.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In short.. Please calculate the accuracy of personality theories..

It's more of mistypes than accurate typing.

Human brain is so complex we hardly fit into anything.

Well mine is.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

here are some I've got in the past

K4m: LII
    Crystal, Scarper (RIP): ILE
    Niffer: ILI
    Delilah: LIE
    Sol, Troll, FDG: ESI
    Maritsa: LSE