Thread: List all of your socionics mistypes

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default List all of your socionics mistypes

List your mistypings both on socionics tests and other peoples' mistypings of you. Both are quite fallible- I want to see what's more fallible for people.

My self-typing is LII. I'm about 97% sure it's correct.

On tests:
    About 50% of the time I score LII.
    I have also scored at least once as ILI, ILE, EII, and LIE
    Socionics tests, for the most part, suck

Other peoples' typings of me:
    Again about 50% type me as LII, the other guesses are all over the map. Of the guesses for LII, half thought it was pretty obvious but the other half said, it just leans a little more that way.
    I've been typed by others as every introverted type, plus ILE and IEE. That's 10/16 types!

Am I that hard to type or are peoples' understanding of socionics screwed up? Or people type me based on what they observed from me at the moment. I do or say something that suggests ethics and I get typed as EII or SEI.

Does subtype make a difference? I think it does. I think if your subtype matches your base function, you're probably less prone to getting mistyped because you're closer to the 'stereotypical' image of that type.

Are some people just harder to type than others?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I self typed myself as INTp I'm about 98% certain. I went with the Ni subtype because prefer to meditate, contemplate, plan, design, evaluate, and analyze than making things happen most of the time. I'm only about 70% certain of my subtype I feel like my behaviors change depending on the circumstances. Alternatively I could be ISTp, ENTj, INTj or INFp I suppose.

I think I am very difficult to type because I can display a very wide range of behaviors. I can go from my usual serious, cold, aloof, objective, logical, indifferent, analytical, philosophical self and shift to playful, whimsical, empathic, creative, mischievous, spiritual. I blame it on hidden agenda and dual seeking but I might just have a split personality.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

I self type IEI no subtype.

My mistypings through tests have been ILI, EIE and SLE mostly but I get IEI on just about every socionics test I have taken.

Other people have mistyped me EII, SEI, EIE, SLE and IEE.

I usually get INFJ on the MBTI but I think I once got ENFJ and INFP. I self type INFJ.

I self type a core 4 in enneagram but some people have typed me a 7 or a 9 as core.

My most recent test results on a strange test:
    http://www.celebritytypes.com/person...style/test.php

Personality Style Test

Your personality style is:

Multiple Personality Styles

Oh dear, oh dear. Either you clicked 'Agree' to too many questions that did not really apply to you, or you appear to have multiple, equally prominent personality styles. It is quite possible that you have several personality styles that are all strongly expressed and which co-exist in you. Whether you really have these multiple personality styles, or you just clicked 'Agree' too leniently, we are unable to say, and we are therefore also incapable of giving you a more personalized description. But you can consult the charts below in order to see which of the styles you score the strongest on.

OMG, my results seem very high in some areas. If I take it again I will probably get something different. I answered "agree" to some things if asked in the form of "sometimes" even though it isn't very often I didn't want to say disagree because it happens. This test upsets me.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I knew socionics existed, my LII brother was considering ILE for me. Once introduced to socionics, I knew I was LSE, but later he told me he thought I was ESE. Since I'm LSE-Si, mistaking me for an ESE is the least-absurd mistyping possible. Niffweed called me an LSI and Maritsa once thought I was SEE.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people who didn't agree with SLI typed me ILI which isn't too bad of a guess. Others, who saw me more of a Si/Ne-person, suggested LII.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Before I knew socionics existed, my LII brother was considering ILE for me. Once introduced to socionics, I knew I was LSE, but later he told me he thought I was ESE. Since I'm LSE-Si, mistaking me for an ESE is the least-absurd mistyping possible. Niffweed called me an LSI and Maritsa once thought I was SEE.
    Maritsa thought I was SEE at one time too before moving onto SLI. If you haven't been Maritsa-typed as SEE, you haven't been on the forum long enough.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I tested ESI, ILI, LSI, EII, EIE, IEI, and SEE. In MBTI results were usually INTJ, ISFP, INFJ, or INFP.

On the forum a few ppl probably took me for LSI, IEI, ILI (..?...)... but I don't actually know, because I've never bothered to make an official "oh, come! come type meh" threat, so I could only infer the types some had in mind for me.

Enneagram-wise I had the honor to be explicitly listed as E6 and E3 (!). I can only understand the former to a certain extent ... the latter is still an enigma to me, especially since I heard no arguments for that typing.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-13-2014 at 09:34 PM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I self type IEI.

On socionics tests I usually get IEI, have gotten EII a few times and one time I got SEI-Fe.
    In MBTI I have only ever gotten INFP, usually with the P/J on the borderline, but always slightly preferring P.

I don't know what other people type me. I've never done a typing thread or anything and don't know any socionics enthusiasts irl.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Mostly I test as all IN's and occasionally EN's.
    Dichotomy wise I think I turn out as either INFp or INTj.
    Some here think I am INFj.
    Most who know me in person think I am NT with NF as a backup.
    Enneagram 9, 5 or possibly even 2 are most likely.
    I remain unsure of my type.
    That's funny, I thought you were EII but didn't realize you didn't self-type as that...

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been typed ILI, LSI, LII, and LIE a lot. A few SLE or ILE here or there.
    Have a different opinion on my type? Message me or tell me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self type and Test IEI
    Been typed SLI, LSI, SLE, EIE, ILI, and EII by others.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've originally tested as INFJ in MBTI.

Many people argued about that type for me on forums and suggested INFP (EII), ENFP (IEE), and ENFJ (EIE).

Once I came here, I've been suggested EIE, SEI-Fe, ESE, IEE, SEE, and most likely some other types but I can't remember.

On Socionics tests, I type frequently as EIE and IEE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally tested ILI or LII, without any variance otherwise. Here, I am typed mostly as IEI with some debating with EII..

TIM
    Most Of Them
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mistyped as LSI (MBTI ISTP) when I didn't know anything and took a random online test.
    Then I got back into it a month later and typed myself as LII for a while as I researched all this. People around me bought it and agreed until I ran into actual LIIs (not just the forum majority of mistyped IEIs - so many IEIs think they're LII, it's creepy). My brother turned out to be one (he's like a poster boy for LII) and I had scrap all I thought I knew and learn even more.

Since then, after a LOT of research I reached IEI and haven't changed my type for many years as I continued to study.
    I very thoroughly researched EIE and EII for possibility of being one of them.

No one ever disagreed with me on my type, but that might be because I write like an authority on the subject and knew more about MBTI than newbies there who usually throw mistype accusations around. The intimidation factor could have deterred people from questioning my type.
    But people who know more than me never said anything either so... =/

Only one girl kept accusing me of being EII because I called her thinking EII-like first. xD