Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj Name Change Announcement

Elina recently posted about her inquiry to Socionics Britannica -- ty, @Elina. Good stuff.

I checked out their Facebook page and found the following. I don't see it posted here yet. Perhaps it will be of interest. Or even piss someone off.

Message to the Journal

EII, INFJ, has had its name changed after it became clear that a benevolent bias was ingrained. Humanist was not an appropriate name for the sociotype since it inherently conflicts with some subtypes, particularly the domineering EII-D (Dominant) and the Challenger EII-C. The peripheral values, so-called "tolerant" multifaceted values, do not suit Delta NF types, due to their collectivist absolute morality which they abide by. Individualists, democrats, are the ones more predisposed to pluralist morality as opposed to aristocrats.

The quadra values are mistakenly attributed since Gamma have innovation provided by the scientists (LIE and ILI) but the maximizing of pleasure with individualism permitting more liberal social attitudes. All of which are caused by individuality, the higher tolerance for multiple systems, let everyone have their cake. The logistics are there for someone else.

Ethical Intuitive Introvert
    <<Absolutist>>

Tsanga B. T. A., 2014. Reasonable sociotype names. Socionics Britannica Journal. [issue nill]
    Hm. Maybe @Radio really isn't INFj.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I read shit like this and all I can think is that they could have cut the paragraphs
    down to a few sentences and cut out all the excess adjectives and needless words. They
    are talking about what they consider a science, it needs to be concise not a poor rendition
    of Proust.

That being said; thank you for sharing this Golden (:
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see their point. Seen this before and look at their page sometimes, they also change other terminology such as victims being 'devotes' and aggressors being 'assertors', the change being made because mutual consent is applied.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    I see their point. Seen this before and look at their page sometimes, they also change other terminology such as victims being 'devotes' and aggressors being 'assertors', the change being made because mutual consent is applied.
    I agree with them that sometimes the terms attached to types and categories color the perception of them too much. Reframing seems helpful.

"Devotee / assertor" works, although I actually think that may be a good supplemental renaming rather than one that supplants "victim / aggressor." The alternative terms could account for a broader range of behaviors that fall under the domain of Ni/Se.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take issue with changing the label from "Humanist", but I think they take this a bit far. Sure, EII is more likely to have a set ideal than IEE, who values the expression of individuality over any one "right" way. But I find it a bit ridiculous to presume that an ESI is, as a rule, going to be so much more openminded than an EII based on a single Reinin dichotomy that supposedly supersedes quadra values.

*rereads*

The peripheral values, so-called "tolerant" multifaceted values, do not suit Delta NF types, due to their collectivist absolute morality which they abide by. Individualists, democrats, are the ones more predisposed to pluralist morality as opposed to aristocrats.
    IEE. A collectivist absolute morality.

Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.