1 Thread(s)

wtf i didn't mean to post this

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics test - ru.laser.ru
    Section A

1. I am very interested in solving complex issues and unraveling a tangle of contradictions.
    2. Thanks to my imagination and seeing different solutions to the problem, I quickly find a way out of difficult, complicated situations and troubles that seem hopeless to others.
    3. I love everything unusual, mysterious and enigmatic.
    4. I always consider the problem from an unexpected side.
    5. Completely new and unusual insights occur to me often and I try to convince others to see my point of view.
    6. I love to argue, as I instantly notice the weaknesses in interlocutor's statements (or reports, speeches, proposals, projects, works of art or machines and equipment) and I can find good counterarguments.
    7. I quickly discover imperfections/flaws of almost any person.
    8. I hardly tolerate being subordinate or given orders.
    9. I perfect myself, my abilities and skills, in order to increase the chances of achieving my goals quickly.
    10. I think and compare things a lot, noticing contradictions and inconsistencies.
    Section B

1. I am prone to create beautiful/harmonious images in my mind.
    2. I'm very curious, I try to imagine various scenarios and often intuitively anticipate the consequences of any actions or changes; I believe in fate.
    3. My ideal is a life in an atmosphere of art, in beautiful surroundings, comfort and well-being; I would like to live in the last century or in the future.
    4. I could not work in a hospital, because I cannot stand the hospital environment (odour, the appearance of patients etc.).
    5. I like anything unusual, beautiful, informative, food for though: I love music, art, theater, books.
    6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people. love music, art, theater, books.
    7. I treat people with irony, but I don't humiliate them.
    8. I am internally inconsistent and unpredictable in my decisions.
    9. I need to engage in art, as it is a means of expression.
    10. I act in order to surround myself with beautiful things (harmony, elegance, aesthetics, works of art).
    Section C

1. I am an impulsive person looking for trouble.
    2. At any moment I am ready to immediately respond to any attack against me and I love to answer the opponent with a crushing blow.
    3. When I am humiliated, I am hurt and I feel a strong desire to take revenge.
    4. I prefer struggle and difficulties to stagnation and monotony: I mobilise quickly, take control of the situation. I can be strong and steadfast, the victory should be mine.
    5. I can confidently coordinate actions of others, as well as sense weak points of every situation.
    6. I'm in my element during fights, arguments, rivalry, competition or war.
    7. I make active efforts against all that is not consistent with my feelings and views.
    8. I would like to be the first and break all records.
    9. I'm a risk taker, but if I have to, I can bring myself to the most severe self-discipline.
    10. My mind works better when someone opposes or resists me.
    Section D

1. I willingly do work which is connected with the need to convince people, to raise their spirits, instruct, assign tasks, manage, give commands.
    2. I become more active during the work program that increases respect or sympathy that my associates give me.
    3. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.)
    4. I like to participate in various public meetings where I can make an impression on others.
    5. I am attracted to flashy and noisy spectacles, like battle scenes, races, sports (hockey, football etc.).
    6. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need.
    7. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest.
    8. I love to please others, to be the centre of attention, to infect people with optimism.
    9. I easily make impact on others, I can manage them flexibly and efficiently.
    10. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position.
    Section E

1. I try to be a competent person. I do everything at my own pace and high quality and don't like hacks.
    2. I treat people harshly, but fair.
    3. I have an interest in various technologies and constantly improve my work to make sure of its high quality.
    4. I am rational in spending money, and I always save for unforeseen occasions.
    5. I find it difficult to accept other people's ways of working. I know better how to make it easier, better and more profitable.
    6. I see no reason in enthusiasm for things that don't bring material benefit.
    7. I am confident that I can overcome difficulties in my work and get the best results.
    8. I often have a passion for the work that decreases fatigue and leaves me in a good mood.
    9. I don't change my lifestyle even if people don't agree with it.
    10. I get the most pleasure from doing useful and necessary things.
    Section F

1. I'm a mature and principled person, guided by logic and common sense, not feelings and moods.
    2. I love order, systems and sequences.
    3. I'm believed to be secretive and reserved, because I'm wary and distrustful towards people.
    4. I'm good at work that requires classification and systematisation. I'm able to work with figures, tables, graphs, I can clearly systematise accumulated information.
    5. I always know how to logically justify my conclusions and decisions.
    6. I love strict analysis. I can identify contradictions in arguments and reasoning of others.
    7. I like solving problems with the help of my knowledge, resulting in harmonious, consistent, orderly system.
    8. I love solving problems that require consistent, strictly logical approach.
    9. I can easily understand algebra.
    10. I am uncompromising in defending my views, intentions, plans and projects.
    Section G

1. I'm a very emotional person, feelings mean so much to me that because of them I'm capable of great sacrifices.
    2. I'm an optimist and I hope for better future.
    3. My mood often changes and I can't help passing it on to others; I start and end arguments easily.
    4. I often perceive people and events in a romantic way.
    5. I love to share my experiences and make others respond to them. I can show how much I love and hate.
    6. I tend to see the world through pink-coloured glasses.
    7. I'm always interested in moods of others and I know how to influence people, make them experience certain emotions and feelings.
    8. I love daydreaming without any practical purpose.
    9. My mood is often characterised by swings between fear and hope.
    10. For the sake of peace of mind, an opportunity to find rest and dream, I'm willing to sacrifice a lot.
    Section H

1. I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes.
    2. I easily/quickly to adapt to new conditions and requirements.
    3. I prefer to be a homebody.
    4. I would like to be able to rest whenever I want.
    5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others.
    6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own.
    7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances.
    8. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best.
    9. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents.
    10. I prefer to meet in private.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

1. I am very interested in solving complex issues and unraveling a tangle of contradictions.
    2. Thanks to my imagination and seeing different solutions to the problem, I quickly find a way out of difficult, complicated situations and troubles that seem hopeless to others.
    5. Completely new and unusual insights occur to me often and I try to convince others to see my point of view.
    6. I love to argue, as I instantly notice the weaknesses in interlocutor's statements (or reports, speeches, proposals, projects, works of art or machines and equipment) and I can find good counterarguments.
    9. I perfect myself, my abilities and skills, in order to increase the chances of achieving my goals quickly.
    10. I think and compare things a lot, noticing contradictions and inconsistencies.
    Section B

2. I'm very curious, I try to imagine various scenarios and often intuitively anticipate the consequences of any actions or changes; I believe in fate.
    3. My ideal is a life in an atmosphere of art, in beautiful surroundings, comfort and well-being; I would like to live in the last century or in the future.
    4. I could not work in a hospital, because I cannot stand the hospital environment (odour, the appearance of patients etc.).
    5. I like anything unusual, beautiful, informative, food for though: I love music, art, theater, books.
    6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people. love music, art, theater, books.
    10. I act in order to surround myself with beautiful things (harmony, elegance, aesthetics, works of art).
    Section C

2. At any moment I am ready to immediately respond to any attack against me and I love to answer the opponent with a crushing blow.
    4. I prefer struggle and difficulties to stagnation and monotony: I mobilise quickly, take control of the situation. I can be strong and steadfast, the victory should be mine.
    5. I can confidently coordinate actions of others, as well as sense weak points of every situation.
    7. I make active efforts against all that is not consistent with my feelings and views.
    9. I'm a risk taker, but if I have to, I can bring myself to the most severe self-discipline.
    Section D

1. I willingly do work which is connected with the need to convince people, to raise their spirits, instruct, assign tasks, manage, give commands.
    2. I become more active during the work program that increases respect or sympathy that my associates give me.
    3. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.)
    4. I like to participate in various public meetings where I can make an impression on others.
    5. I am attracted to flashy and noisy spectacles, like battle scenes, races, sports (hockey, football etc.).
    6. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need.
    7. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest.
    8. I love to please others, to be the centre of attention, to infect people with optimism.
    10. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position.
    Section E

1. I try to be a competent person. I do everything at my own pace and high quality and don't like hacks.
    3. I have an interest in various technologies and constantly improve my work to make sure of its high quality.
    5. I find it difficult to accept other people's ways of working. I know better how to make it easier, better and more profitable.
    7. I am confident that I can overcome difficulties in my work and get the best results.
    8. I often have a passion for the work that decreases fatigue and leaves me in a good mood.
    Section F

1. I'm a mature and principled person, guided by logic and common sense, not feelings and moods.
    3. I'm believed to be secretive and reserved, because I'm wary and distrustful towards people.
    4. I'm good at work that requires classification and systematisation. I'm able to work with figures, tables, graphs, I can clearly systematise accumulated information.
    6. I love strict analysis. I can identify contradictions in arguments and reasoning of others.
    7. I like solving problems with the help of my knowledge, resulting in harmonious, consistent, orderly system.
    Section G

1. I'm a very emotional person, feelings mean so much to me that because of them I'm capable of great sacrifices.
    3. My mood often changes and I can't help passing it on to others; I start and end arguments easily.
    5. I love to share my experiences and make others respond to them. I can show how much I love and hate.
    7. I'm always interested in moods of others and I know how to influence people, make them experience certain emotions and feelings.
    10. For the sake of peace of mind, an opportunity to find rest and dream, I'm willing to sacrifice a lot.
    Section H

5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others.
    6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own.
    7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances.

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Last edited by Muddy; 03-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne: 15
    Ni: 10
    Se: 23
    Si: 9
    Te: 14
    Ti: 8
    Fe: 10
    Fi: 7
    Last edited by Muddy; 03-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Trying to be SLE instead of ILE now?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Trying to be SLE instead of ILE now?
    I'll be whatever it is I want to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    ESI (ISFj)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    ESI (ISFj)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Total:

Ne: 17
    Ni: 26
    Se: 10
    Si: 11
    Te: 12
    Ti: 10
    Fe: 23
    Fi: 15
    Last edited by Morevna; 04-24-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was SEI. These results are weird. Lol.

Fi - 27
    Fe - 23
    Si/Ti - 22
    Ni - 12
    Te/Ne - 10
    Se - 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B
    1 (Agree with the first part, not the second)
    6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people.

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F
    1 (Most of this fits, I don't know that I'd call myself "mature" though...)

Section G

Section H

My scoring was mostly consistent with ILE, with Ne and Ti as the two highest functions, but there was a weirdly high Fi. I'd chalk it up to weird scoring, a huge chunk of the Fi section really sounds like Si valuation more than anything. Some other questions also sounded like they could be any number of functions, and often better matched something else than what they were classified under. It seems like a pretty bad test, honestly.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanooka View Post
    My scoring was mostly consistent with ILE, with Ne and Ti as the two highest functions, but there was a weirdly high Fi. I'd chalk it up to weird scoring, a huge chunk of the Fi section really sounds like Si valuation more than anything. Some other questions also sounded like they could be any number of functions, and often better matched something else than what they were classified under. It seems like a pretty bad test, honestly.
    Yeah some questions are not very specific to IEs there. What kind of issue do you have with algebra btw if I can ask?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah some questions are not very specific to IEs there. What kind of issue do you have with algebra btw if I can ask?
    It's the style of math I'm worst at. I think a huge part of it is that beyond the basic (middle school/early high school) level, my teacher was bad at explaining the "why." Due to years of shitty teachers, it on some fundamental level often seems like a series of vague formulas with little reason to why they move around the way they do. My middle school math teacher was awesome at socratically helping his students figure that out, plus in elementary algebra that often just comes naturally by simple logic, so I'm much better with its basics.

I'm much better with geometry and calculus. Where I can visualize and things intuitively just make sense, and where the logic has a very coherent structure plus you get to work with fun graphs respectively. Also I'm very good at analyzing statistics, for similar reasons to calculus. I thought I was bad at math, "besides geometry," until I discovered those latter two.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-11-2017 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd chalk it up to weird scoring, a huge chunk of the Fi section really sounds like Si valuation more than anything. Some other questions also sounded like they could be any number of functions, and often better matched something else than what they were classified under. It seems like a pretty bad test, honestly.
    Indeed. Honestly I think that they genuinely confused Fi and Si... I mean:

Section D

Its hilarious.
    Last edited by Hope; 06-12-2017 at 02:01 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It's the style of math I'm worst at. I think a huge part of it is that beyond the basic (middle school/early high school) level, my teacher was bad at explaining the "why." Due to years of shitty teachers, it on some fundamental level often seems like a series of vague formulas with little reason to why they move around the way they do. My middle school math teacher was awesome at socratically helping his students figure that out, plus in elementary algebra that often just comes naturally by simple logic, so I'm much better with its basics.

I'm much better with geometry and calculus. Where I can visualize and things intuitively just make sense, and where the logic has a very coherent structure plus you get to work with fun graphs respectively. Also I'm very good at analyzing statistics, for similar reasons to calculus. I thought I was bad at math, "besides geometry," until I discovered those latter two.
    Interesting. Maths was always a very strong skill of mine but geometry would be the exception, I could do it fine in school but not on the level of serious competitions unlike other maths areas and I absolutely hated it - I actually noticed my EII sister was a bit better than me at visual geometrical questions in some tests, while I would beat basically anyone in tasks in any other mathematical areas in school and many people in competitions (more serious ones beyond school level) without studying at all. I just don't have that "visual intuition", I would simply just see the concrete forms lol and to analyze them to solve them I had to utilize what I explicitly learned about geometry, which didn't work beyond a level in serious competitions (also because I didn't prepare for the geometry questions, lol).

From a Socionics pov some people could jump on this algebra issue of yours as "weak Te". I dunno how much it can be type related tho'. The geometry thing in my case is type related in terms of information processing (specifically low Ne got in the way for me there by being unable to look at inner properties of the concrete visual forms in front of me - unlike for other maths areas where I could just easily do strong Ti/Te with a bit of Niish intuition sometimes). I don't strictly relate it to the (far from perfect) function model beyond this though, doesn't mean that other LSIs couldn't have some side ability to somehow deal with geometry better. I have no idea but easily possible that this is an idiosyncrasy of mine.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Many Si questions in that test do line up well with the Si as described here:

"Epicurean - realistic, confident person. Configured to receive from a life all of its joys and pleasures. Gourmet, esthete, is not indifferent to the quality of things. It - nedemonstrativny leader. Active and energetic. Knows how to please people, carries them away. She knows what she wants and always achieves its goals through the power of will, tenacity and perseverance. The relationship is often stubborn and does not like objections. Inclined to arrange everything so that it is convenient to him. It does not always take into account the interests of others, but can be diplomacy and courtesy, if necessary. His power is manifested softly. Good sense of physical and material needs of others, and is able to take care of everyone. It is not enough self-critical and does not like criticism. Not averse on occasion to emphasize its advantages."

(The translation could be neater both for the test and for this description but I think the general themes can be seen: well-adjusted realism, sensuality, sensory pleasures, material comforts and with those a focus on physical needs in general, the person's power for handling tangible things being manifested softly compared to Se's power.)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Indeed. Honestly I think that they were genuinely confused by Fi and Si... I mean:

Section D

Its hilarious.
    For sure.

Meanwhile, Section H:

1. I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes. (I could see how this might be Fi-related, but it first and foremost sounds non-Se.)
    2. I easily/quickly to adapt to new conditions and requirements. (What does this have to do with Fi at all?)
    3. I prefer to be a homebody. (Sounds way more Si-related, with a lot of confounding variables that'd make it a weak indicator at best of any type.)
    4. I would like to be able to rest whenever I want. (So does this. Also I think a lot of people would answer "yes" anyway because who couldn't use more sleep?)
    5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others. (I guess. But "to be useful" muddles it.)
    6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own. (Often this seems like it depends on the trouble, I think. I personally feel more deeply if I've faced similar, then I have that normal E6 urge to help out the person who seems like they're being beaten down on.)
    7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances. (This sounds like weak Se.)
    8. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best. (This also sounds more Si.)
    9. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents. (Could see how it'd be related, again mostly sounds weak Se though.)
    10. I prefer to meet in private. (This is at most a super-tentative indicator of Fi, it could have any number of causes. I think most introverts and many ambiverts would answer positively, me included.)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Nanooka

Problem fixed:

Section D
    6. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.)
    7. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need.
    8. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest.
    9. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best.

Section H
    3. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position.
    10. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, still not fixed. The test is too bad to get an easy out like that.

Like honestly that "flashy and noisy spectacles like battle scenes" sounds like Fe and Se more than anything. A lot of people enjoy those things, it's not hugely type related, but I'm guessing a plurality of people who answer 3 will probably be Beta extratims or ESXx.

I also don't think Fi base types would usually describe themselves as liking to be the center of attention, which has nothing to do with pleasing others and isn't necessarily the same as infecting people with optimism. Neither of which, especially the latter, are things necessarily related to Fi either.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Section D
    Se devaluing

Si vivid sensations

Si

Si

I read elsewhere that Ne DS is a bit like this about wanting to be the centre of attention, idk, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Well, compared to Se, maybe?

For sure.

Meanwhile, Section H:

1. I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes. (I could see how this might be Fi-related, but it first and foremost sounds non-Se.)
    Ethics, introversion.

2. I easily/quickly to adapt to new conditions and requirements. (What does this have to do with Fi at all?)
    Idk, bad translation?

3. I prefer to be a homebody. (Sounds way more Si-related, with a lot of confounding variables that'd make it a weak indicator at best of any type.)
    Introversion

4. I would like to be able to rest whenever I want. (So does this. Also I think a lot of people would answer "yes" anyway because who couldn't use more sleep?)
    Bad translation?...

I don't need more sleep btw.

5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others. (I guess. But "to be useful" muddles it.)
    That's Fi. With a little Te maybe?

6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own. (Often this seems like it depends on the trouble, I think. I personally feel more deeply if I've faced similar, then I have that normal E6 urge to help out the person who seems like they're being beaten down on.)
    Yeah this is Fi.

7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances. (This sounds like weak Se.)
    Well, Ethics and introversion both strengthen this trait.

8. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best. (This also sounds more Si.)
    I don't think this is Si, but I don't know how this is in the Fi section, unless due to weak Te?

9. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents. (Could see how it'd be related, again mostly sounds weak Se though.)
    Fi alright.

Weird language again.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Nanooka
    These 3 things: enjoying being the center of attention, pleasing others and infecting with optimism, seems Fi to me. At least in my personal experience with IEEs , EIIs and SEEs.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Nope, still not fixed. The test is too bad to get an easy out like that.

Like honestly that "flashy and noisy spectacles like battle scenes" sounds like Fe and Se more than anything. A lot of people enjoy those things, it's not hugely type related, but I'm guessing a plurality of people who answer 3 will probably be Beta extratims or ESXx.
    I see no problem with linking flashy spectacles stuff to Si, if it's meant as vivid sensations for consummation of them (Si) instead of acquiring or manipulating of objects (Se). (Btw also see post #428 above.)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Nanooka
    These 3 things: enjoying being the center of attention, pleasing others and infecting with optimism, seems Fi to me. At least in my personal experience with IEEs , EIIs and SEEs.
    I think SEEs and IEEs usually like being the center of attention, and the other two. But that's Fi as a creative function, with Fe-demonstrative.

It's pretty far from my experience with EIIs, they're more quiet. Only "pleasing others" and (calmly) "infecting with optimism" seem to usually describe them there. Neither "likes being the center of attention" nor "infecting with optimism" would describe most people I'd type ESI or fit most ESI descriptions, in addition to EIIs' introversion they usually seem more viscerally moody. If you take Reinins seriously (not everyone does), they have the negativist classification too.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    Ethics, introversion.

Avoidance of conflict and disputes could just as easily be simple avoidance of Se though. Se-devaluers, per every description I've read, won't gravitate to conflict.

I see no problem with linking flashy spectacles stuff to Si, if it's meant as vivid sensations for consummation of them (Si) instead of acquiring or manipulating of objects (Se).

The specific examples given were things like battle scenes, aggressive team sports, other loud demonstrations. Enjoyment of these seems like it would have no real relationship to Si, and if anything what they'd match best is Beta quadra values. FeSe, high on raucous energy and exhilarated by the tension. Even there only weakly, there's a wide number of reasons to enjoy these things and most people do to a pretty large degree.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 12:55 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Avoidance of conflict and disputes could just as easily be simple avoidance of Se though. Se-devaluers, per every description I've read, won't gravitate to conflict.

It'll fit an EII more than an ESI-Se, sure. Still, Ethics and Introversion definitely affect that strongly.

The specific examples given were things like battle scenes, aggressive team sports, other loud demonstrations. Enjoyment of these seems like it would have no real relationship to Si, and if anything what they'd match best is raucous Beta quadra values (FeSe). Even there only weakly.
    The examples were given as "spectacles". I guess similar to the idea of "Participation in violent physical activities where such fights may take place, as in some sports, are motivated not by those fights themselves but by the stimulating sensations those activities generate, such as the release of adrenaline"? (Wikisocion, SEI composite description)

To me these do make sense based on the SLI girl I've known. She's adventurous for reasons like this, just simply enjoying the sensations rather than focusing on the active extraverted component of acquiring/achieving some material desire/goal (which does not happen at the same time as enjoyment/consummation of sensations/things).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll fit an EII more than an ESI-Se, sure. Still, Ethics and Introversion definitely affect that strongly.

I would think most ILEs, LIIs, IEEs SEIs, SLIs would gravitate away from conflict if it's possible to do so, despite not being EII. Like if there's no strong disagreement that makes them argue, where more important priorities like (for Alpha NT at least) logic-chopping things that flat-out don't make sense kick in. Disdain for tension is typically described of Se-superego, and Si-base types are generally described as coming off somewhat soft.

Possibly not xSEs though, they're often described as having a sense of machismo that the other Ne/Si valuers generally lack.

The examples were given as "spectacles". I guess similar to the idea of "Participation in violent physical activities where such fights may take place, as in some sports, are motivated not by those fights themselves but by the stimulating sensations those activities generate, such as the release of adrenaline"? (Wikisocion, SEI composite description)
    Huh. That's actually really interesting, thanks for the link.

I still would say it's a bad question to lump under Si though, because that just adds even more fuel to "there are so many reasons for enjoying these things." Se ego types generally do as well, and they match Beta quadra values well too. Framing them as "spectacles" sounds like influence from an Fe sort of showmanship focus, "all the world's a stage and we are merely players" and all. I'd think it would match FeSe just as much as FeSi.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I would think most ILEs, LIIs, IEEs SEIs, SLIs would gravitate away from conflict if it's possible to do so, despite not being EII. Like if there's no strong disagreement that makes them argue, where more important priorities like pinpointing things that don't make sense kick in. Disdain for tension is typically described of Se-superego, and Si-base types are generally described as coming off somewhat soft.

Possibly not xSEs though, they're often described as having a sense of machismo that the other Ne/Si valuers generally lack.

Yeah, I'm just saying that it's also linked strongly with IxFx. And yeah I see Si base more soft than Se base, as mentioned in post #428.

Huh. That's actually really interesting, thanks for the link.

I still would say it's a bad question to lump under Si though, because that just adds even more fuel to "there are so many reasons for enjoying these things." Se ego types generally do as well, and they match Beta quadra values well too. Framing them as "spectacles" sounds like influence from an Fe sort of showmanship focus, and I'd think it would match FeSe just as much as FeSi.
    Np

Yes there are many reasons for doing seemingly the same thing, people are complicated, such is our luck

As for FeSe: I don't really see EIE just enjoying the sensory spectacle for its own sake, if it can have some FeNi message to it then maybe I guess.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm just saying that it's also linked strongly with IxFx.

Mhm. But if it's far more specific to EII than ESI, and at least as related to Se-devaluation so it's often not even Fi-related, then it seems like a really bad question to toss under the "Fi" section.

Yes there are many reasons for doing seemingly the same thing, people are complicated, such is our luck
    That's why typology is so muddled. And maybe part of the fun.

As for FeSe: I don't really see EIE just enjoying the sensory spectacle for its own sake, if it can have some FeNi message to it then maybe I guess.
    I could see an EIE enjoying the atmosphere of an intense sporting event, like a football or hockey game. Just like a metal concert, the two have similar atmospheres actually. It's less about the visible sensations there than about the crowd, but as they're part of the same spectacle they can be easily linked in our minds. I'd think many such EIEs would answer in the affirmative to that question.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Mhm. But if it's far more specific to EII than ESI, and at least as related to Se-devaluation so it's often not even Fi-related, then it seems like a really bad question to toss under the "Fi" section.
    ESI-Fi is pretty conflict avoidant really... less than EII, but still a clear Fi influence in it.

I think it is often enough Fi related so it's a good question for the Fi section.

The weird translations were far worse.

That's why typology is so muddled. And maybe part of the fun.
    I like psychology for its complexity, sure. It's frustrating tho' when I see typology simplifications...

I could see an EIE enjoying the atmosphere of an intense sporting event, like a football or hockey game. Just like a metal concert, the two have similar atmospheres actually. It's less about the visible sensations there than about the crowd, but as they're part of the same spectacle they can be easily linked in our minds. I'd think many such EIEs would answer in the affirmative to that question.
    For me they are not linked in my mind but possibly the question is too ambiguous as translated. I wouldn't mind looking at the original test questions really if I knew Russian.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Fi is pretty conflict avoidant really... less than EII, but still a clear Fi influence in it.

ESI-Se also has a strong Fi influence, fittingly since that's their basic lens. But it's expressed in a very different way that isn't particularly conflict-avoidant, far as I can tell.

I think it is often enough Fi related so it's a good question for the Fi section.
    I don't know about that. I'd think LIIs and ILEs would often answer affirmatively to it, they might be drawn into conflicts to correct perceived inaccuracies but they're instinctively generally stressed out by said conflict. It's never described as really invigorating them. They're Fi-superego, if it could just as easily fit someone who actively disdains Fi otherwise then it seems like a very poor gauge of Fi. There are far too many possible reasons for answering "2" or "3" to it.

The weird translations were far worse.
    I'm not sure those were bad translations? Judging from the lack of type-relatedness in even questions that you thought make sense, it seems more like the creator was on crack and/or stupid.

I like psychology for its complexity, sure. It's frustrating tho' when I see typology simplifications...
    Super frustrating, yeah.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 02:00 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ESI-Se also has a strong Fi influence, fittingly since that's their basic lens. But it's expressed in a very different way that isn't particularly conflict-avoidant, far as I can tell.
    The idea is that the stronger the Fi, the stronger the tendency will be, hence my mentioning ESI-Fi over ESI-Se.

I don't know about that. I'd think LIIs and ILEs would often answer affirmatively to it, they might be drawn into conflicts to correct inaccuracies but they're instinctively generally stressed out by said conflict. It's never described as really invigorating them. They're Fi-superego, if it could just as easily fit someone who actively disdains Fi otherwise then it seems like a very poor gauge of Fi.
    My reasoning is, there is more than one factor affecting this, yes, but Fi is one of the strongest factors affecting it. So the question belongs to this section alright to contribute to the overall score.

I'm not sure those were bad translations? Judging from the quality of even questions that you thought did make sense, it seems more like the creator was on crack and/or stupid.
    Dunno but they definitely could be translation issues.

Maybe ask @mu4 as to why he likes this test? As soon as I showed it to him (a while ago) he was very excited about it for some reason and put it up here. I never got around to asking him as to what he saw as great in this test. I personally did find certain sections great adding to my understanding of things in a shockingly effective way but in other sections I do find some questions weird, so like I said, it could be translation issues or idk what it is.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast