Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: socionics concepts in a single word

  1. #1

    Default socionics concepts in a single word

    Here are mine:

    organization
    attention
    alternative
    excitation
    causality
    foresight
    sensuality
    empathy

    ego block - intention
    id block - reflex
    superego - guilt
    super id- desire

    alphas - creation
    betas - institutionalization
    gammas - revolution
    deltas - self preservation

  2. #2
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd agree with most of this except I'm not sure I'd associate gamma with being revolutionary. Seems like they are more likely to take what's already there and fine-tune it, make it more efficient. Perhaps optimization as the word to describe gamma.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  3. #3
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know I was only supposed to use one word for each concept, but I couldn't stop myself there. I hope you'll forgive me.

    Te - function, action, purpose
    Se - look, scene, picture
    Ne - concept, theory, abstraction
    Fe - emotion, vibe, buzz ("energy" is another good one, IMO)
    Ti - order, system, consistency
    Ni - time, forecast, history
    Si - comfort, sensuality, body
    Fi - feeling, sensitivity, personal


    I like your choices for the blocks of the psyche. I would, however, use "insecurity" to describe the superego block rather than "guilt".

  4. #4
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te - Diligence
    Se - Agency
    Ne - Potentiality
    Fe - Discerning
    Ti - Structure
    Si - Homeostasis
    Ni - Prudence
    Fi - Passion

    Alpha - Creation
    Beta - Revolutionize
    Gamma - Optimize
    Delta - Sustainment
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  5. #5
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Systemize
    Empathy
    Sensuality
    Prudence
    Efficiency
    Sentimentality
    Potency
    Potentiality

    Alphas - Implementation
    Betas - Imperialization
    Gamma - Optimization
    Delta - Industrialization
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  6. #6
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Fi is empathy then I'm surely some 1D Fi type.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  7. #7
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice try but

    (I see a few things of interest in heavynurse's list, though)

  8. #8
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    If Fi is empathy then I'm surely some 1D Fi type.
    If Fe is sentimentality, then I'm a null Fe type.

  9. #9
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Nice try but

    (I see a few things of interest in heavynurse's list, though)
    Its challenging to conceptionlize and condense a entire idea or topic into a single word. Why don't you give it a try if you think you can do better.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  10. #10
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    socionics - why

  11. #11
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Its challenging to conceptionlize and condense a entire idea or topic into a single word. Why don't you give it a try if you think you can do better.
    Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't try it in the first place, that was my point.

  12. #12
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    If Fi is empathy then I'm surely some 1D Fi type.
    It has come to my attention that there is a particular EII who would like to thank you for being you. This EII also says "θ\(;¬_¬)ノ彡".

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  13. #13
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    It has come to my attention that there is a particular EII who would like to thank you for being you. This EII also says "θ\(;¬_¬)ノ彡".
    I don't understand. Is that a picture of a patronizing tap on my head?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  14. #14
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I don't understand. Is that a picture of a patronizing tap on my head?
    The EII says that it is a whimsical pierced fisherman swatting bugs, and that because it looks terrific it's probably somehow relevant, but isn't sure.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Te - Diligence
    Se - Agency
    Ne - Potentiality
    Fe - Discerning
    Ti - Structure
    Si - Homeostasis
    Ni - Prudence
    Fi - Passion

    Alpha - Creation
    Beta - Revolutionize
    Gamma - Optimize
    Delta - Sustainment
    Nice list. How did you get discerning for Fe though?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Systemize
    Empathy
    Sensuality
    Prudence
    Efficiency
    Sentimentality
    Potency
    Potentiality

    Alphas - Implementation
    Betas - Imperialization
    Gamma - Optimization
    Delta - Industrialization
    Potency for that's a good one, haven't heard it before.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    I know I was only supposed to use one word for each concept, but I couldn't stop myself there. I hope you'll forgive me.

    Te - function, action, purpose
    Se - look, scene, picture
    Ne - concept, theory, abstraction
    Fe - emotion, vibe, buzz ("energy" is another good one, IMO)
    Ti - order, system, consistency
    Ni - time, forecast, history
    Si - comfort, sensuality, body
    Fi - feeling, sensitivity, personal


    I like your choices for the blocks of the psyche. I would, however, use "insecurity" to describe the superego block rather than "guilt".
    Good call insecurity fits it better. I was also thinking "shame" as using it often leads to self-recrimination.
    Also "energy" for Fe is nice, I've heard it described as movement too.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Nice try but

    (I see a few things of interest in heavynurse's list, though)

    Haha well it's just an exercise in abstraction, probably not more useful than those threads describing each function in terms of a picture.

  19. #19
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've got another list of words I associate with the functions. There might be some redundancy.

    Te - movement, efficiency, algorithm
    Se - present, appearance, perceptible
    Ne - notional, hypothetical, metaphysical
    Fe - collective, manners, expectations
    Ti - classification, category, structure
    Ni - future, prediction, vision
    Si - somatic, kinesthesia, proprioception
    Fi - partiality, kindness, empathy



    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Good call insecurity fits it better. I was also thinking "shame" as using it often leads to self-recrimination.
    "shame" is nice. I think "defensive" wouldn't be bad, either. or maybe "touchy", or "sensitive".


    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Also "energy" for Fe is nice, I've heard it described as movement too.
    do you mean physical movement?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    I've got another list of words I associate with the functions. There might be some redundancy.

    Te - movement, efficiency, algorithm
    Se - present, appearance, perceptible
    Ne - notional, hypothetical, metaphysical
    Fe - collective, manners, expectations
    Ti - classification, category, structure
    Ni - future, prediction, vision
    Si - somatic, kinesthesia, proprioception
    Fi - partiality, kindness, empathy





    "shame" is nice. I think "defensive" wouldn't be bad, either. or maybe "touchy", or "sensitive".


    do you mean physical movement?



    nope just movement, actually " I move". it's from here: http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro1.html

    Same page calls Se, "I influence", Te "I make useful actions, Ne= "I look through", Ni = time, Fi= relation, Ti=law, rule, Si= sensation

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    If Fi is empathy then I'm surely some 1D Fi type.
    what about "loyalty" ?

  22. #22
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried to pick words that haven't been used yet:

    Te – Ascertainment
    Se – Force
    Ne – Opportunity
    Fe – Vitality
    Ti – Analysis
    Ni – Anticipation
    Si – Perception
    Fi – Judgement

    Quadras, just to laugh a bit
    Alpha – space
    Beta – war
    Gamma – profit
    Delta – couch !!

  23. #23
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    insofar as this remains a silly game:

    Fi - integrity, coherence
    Ti - precision
    Fe - genuineness, efficacy
    Te - veracity / truthfulness
    Si - organization
    Ni - confluence
    Se - concision
    Ne - constellation

  24. #24
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    TIM
    LSI-se
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    somewhere along these lines:

    ti - schema, dissection, equation, extrication, axiomatic
    te - factuality, pragmatism, business, erudition
    si - corporeal, akolasia, homeostasis, awareness
    se - authority, status, physicality, presence
    fi - moral ideology, psychological distance, mediation, bias
    fe - spasmodic, expression, intensity, emotional array
    ni - diachrony, chronology, prophetization
    ne - insight, idea, purity, curiosity, ingenuity
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  25. #25
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    somewhere along these lines:

    ti - schema, dissection, equation, extrication, axiomatic
    te - factuality, pragmatism, business, erudition
    si - corporeal, akolasia, homeostasis, awareness
    se - authority, status, physicality, presence
    fi - moral ideology, psychological distance, mediation, bias
    fe - spasmodic, expression, intensity, emotional array
    ni - diachrony, chronology, prophetization
    ne - insight, idea, purity, curiosity, ingenuity
    i saw your name in the latest posts section and was like oh goody i'm going to learn some new words today!

    not disappointed.

  26. #26
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Nice list. How did you get discerning for Fe though?
    Where Te is about taking in data from reputable sources and concreteness of truth. Fe concerns itself with discerning where value lies in the outside stimuli, regardless of whether its proven in any sort of way. Te denotes value through its proven-ness. Fe attempts to read between the lines to ascertain the value of whatever. All Fx's are concerned with value judgements.

    Discerning - recognizing something not immediately apparent through judgement. Coming to an understanding.

    Thats why i think Fe works.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  27. #27
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Haha well it's just an exercise in abstraction, probably not more useful than those threads describing each function in terms of a picture.
    Sure, prolly half the time I post stuff I'm just bullshitting around. I don't care if you guys undertake this futile, masturbatory exercise.

  28. #28
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mental Masturbation is jsut another way of coming to grip.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  29. #29
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    somewhere along these lines:

    ti - schema, dissection, equation, extrication, axiomatic
    te - factuality, pragmatism, business, erudition
    si - corporeal, akolasia, homeostasis, awareness
    se - authority, status, physicality, presence
    fi - moral ideology, psychological distance, mediation, bias
    fe - spasmodic, expression, intensity, emotional array
    ni - diachrony, chronology, prophetization
    ne - insight, idea, purity, curiosity, ingenuity
    Now I know why my EII sister always tells my ESE sister, my IEI brother, or me, when we all get together, to, "stop being a spazz" when we get too excited. She is totally more "controlled" in her emotional expressions and the most easily embarrassed, by our antics, out of anyone in my family. The three of us used to sing really loud with the windows open when we got together at my EII sister's house. It kind of made her really embarrassed and a little angry because she did not want her neighbors to think it was her.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  30. #30
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    TIM
    LSI-se
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Now I know why my EII sister always tells my ESE sister, my IEI brother, or me, when we all get together, to, "stop being a spazz" when we get too excited. She is totally more "controlled" in her emotional expressions and the most easily embarrassed, by our antics, out of anyone in my family. The three of us used to sing really loud with the windows open when we got together at my EII sister's house. It kind of made her really embarrassed and a little angry because she did not want her neighbors to think it was her.
    lmao, see it all makes sense now-glad i've been able to explain (:
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  31. #31
    ApertureGrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    S = What
    N = Why
    T = How
    F = When
    I/E = Where

  32. #32
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Mental Masturbation is jsut another way of coming to grip.
    Ahhhh, mental masturbation. Feels sooo goood.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    I tried to pick words that haven't been used yet:

    Te – Ascertainment
    Se – Force
    Ne – Opportunity
    Fe – Vitality
    Ti – Analysis
    Ni – Anticipation
    Si – Perception
    Fi – Judgement

    Quadras, just to laugh a bit
    Alpha – space
    Beta – war
    Gamma – profit
    Delta – couch !!
    haha that is cool, i love couch for deltas

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    somewhere along these lines:

    ti - schema, dissection, equation, extrication, axiomatic
    te - factuality, pragmatism, business, erudition
    si - corporeal, akolasia, homeostasis, awareness
    se - authority, status, physicality, presence
    fi - moral ideology, psychological distance, mediation, bias
    fe - spasmodic, expression, intensity, emotional array
    ni - diachrony, chronology, prophetization
    ne - insight, idea, purity, curiosity, ingenuity
    this is quite insightful, well done

  35. #35
    Restricted user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,078
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Qualia A philosophical term referring to individual instances of subjective, conscious experience—e.g. the pain of a headache, the taste of wine, or the perceived redness of an evening sky. — Discrete Sensation
    Etiology The science or philosophy of causation; that part of philosophy which treats of the demonstration of causes; the part of any special science which speculates on the causes of its phenomena. — Causative Mechanics
    Criterion A test, principle, rule, canon, or standard, by which anything is judged or estimated. — Structural Logic
    Homeostasis The tendency toward a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements, especially as maintained by physiological processes. — Fluid Sensation
    Atomism A theoretical approach that regards something as interpretable through analysis into distinct, separable, and independent elementary components. — Discrete Intuition
    Induction The process or action of bringing about or giving rise to something. — Emotive Mechanics
    Valence Emotional force or significance, specially the feeling of attraction or repulsion with which an individual invests an object or event. — Passional Logic
    Emergence A process whereby larger entities, patterns, and regularities arise through interactions among smaller or simpler entities that themselves do not exhibit such properties. — Fluid Intuition
    Last edited by mfckr; 12-11-2014 at 04:46 AM.

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Now I know why my EII sister always tells my ESE sister, my IEI brother, or me, when we all get together, to, "stop being a spazz" when we get too excited. She is totally more "controlled" in her emotional expressions and the most easily embarrassed, by our antics, out of anyone in my family. The three of us used to sing really loud with the windows open when we got together at my EII sister's house. It kind of made her really embarrassed and a little angry because she did not want her neighbors to think it was her.
    i don't like that too

  37. #37
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    somewhere along these lines:

    ti - schema, dissection, equation, extrication, axiomatic
    te - factuality, pragmatism, business, erudition
    si - corporeal, akolasia, homeostasis, awareness
    se - authority, status, physicality, presence
    fi - moral ideology, psychological distance, mediation, bias
    fe - spasmodic, expression, intensity, emotional array
    ni - diachrony, chronology, prophetization
    ne - insight, idea, purity, curiosity, ingenuity
    yes

  38. #38
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm some of these are good, so I feel like a bigger bitch than usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •