LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Everyone else is doing it, so I will too

Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something towards which I can’t help but be drawn towards. It pulls me in towards it, inspires a sense of awe and wonder, a sense of joy and exhilaration. It makes me glad to be alive.

What is love?
    Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me no more.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Seriously though, I have a difficult time defining the term without consulting a dictionary. To me it’s when you strongly like something and when it comes to people, it also means you care deeply about someone, want to spent lots of time with them, and accept them for who they are- both the good and the bad.

2. What are your most important values?
    *Being kind and considerate to others- treating others the way you want to be treated
    *Fairness and justice
    *Intellectual curiosity and intellectual interests
    *Being true to oneself/personal integrity
    *Tolerance, open mindedness towards others values, cultures, etc.
    *Peace of mind
    *Sense of safety and security

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I highly doubt there is any sort of God or higher being. Scientific theories like Big Bang and evolution just make so much more logical sense and there is very strong evidence to suggest the validity of these theories.
    I’m an agnostic rather than atheist mainly because you really can’t prove one way or another that God exists or a certain religion is true. I’d like there to be a God and I wish there was a such thing as an afterlife or miracles but just because you want something to be true doesn’t mean it is.
    Also, I’m highly skeptical of God because of all the bad things that happen to good people while the bad people get away with it. As a child I was raised to believe that God is a loving God so when things like innocent young children dying of starvation or wars it makes me highly skeptical. On the other hand there could be a God that isn’t so loving. Probably not though. Things just happen without a higher being.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Regarding war and militaries, I see them as a necessary evil. In an ideal world, there would always be peace and we wouldn’t need them. In the human race though, there is always conflict. Ideally conflict could be solved by talking things out diplomatically but sometimes that just doesn’t work. Sometimes a military is needed to defend your country. War should be a very last resort thing.

Power to me is every bit as mental as physical. It’s a sense of confidence that you can make things turn out the way you want to, that you can overcome any difficulty that comes along your way. It’s also a sense of being able to influence others for better or for worse.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Personality type. I once had a friend and we spent about 5 hours straight just discussing MBTI and enneagram. I have spent long periods of time talking about personal issues and concerns with my life to family and close friends.
    When there’s a topic I’m really interested in, I can talk tirelessly about it.

My interests include personality typology (obviously) because it’s fascinating to know what makes you tick and know how to improve upon your weaknesses. Also it’s interesting how other people can be so different from each other.
    Other interests include games and puzzles of all sorts. Board games, strategy games, video games, etc. Board games are a means of fun socializing, strategy games and puzzles for the intellectual challenge and stimulation, video games also for the challenge and just to immerse myself in another world.

And of course, libraries

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I’m not particularly interested or disinterested in it. I think it depends on the aspect of it. I’m most interested in new health related discoveries and things to do to improve my own health.
    I’m not terribly focused on my body. I’m more mentally than physically oriented. I do think health is highly important though. I try hard to eat healthy and exercise enough although I could be better self-disciplined about it at times.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    Necessary but boring. I do them because I want a clean house but I don’t enjoy them. I try to make it more tolerable by listening to music while doing them, making a fun game out of it, etc.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Harry Potter. I know it’s not an original response but I do really enjoy the series for its complex characters, plot twists, good fighting evil, the imagination. I love both the books and the movies.

Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite TV series. I enjoy it for the quirky characters and geeky jokes, many of which I get.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I cry over: Personal failure, deeply hurtful remarks, death of loved ones, rejection, loss of a job
    I smile from funny jokes, music, beauty in nature, personal success, just doing the things I enjoy.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I’ve never really thought much about being at one with the environment. Oftentimes, I’m too absorbed in my own thoughts to be aware much of what is happening around me. There are times when I do pay attention to/am interested in my environment- such as nature walks but I wouldn’t say I’m at one with it.

I feel a sense of belonging with my family, my close friends and in groups of people where people share a common interest, like Personality forums or my gaming group.

Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

What people see as my weaknesses:
    *Sometimes unaware of what’s going on around me because I’m too absorbed in my own thoughts and feelings
    *Too prone to anxiety and worry
    *Can be too nice at times and not assertive or forceful enough
    *Too hard on my myself, unrealistic expectations

Things I dislike about myself:
    *All of the weaknesses listed above
    *I compare myself to others way too much
    *My self-esteem could use a boost. I often feel boring and dull and not talented enough
    *My self-discipline isn’t the best

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

What people see as my strengths:
    *I’m highly intelligent and have good insight
    *I’m kind and considerate of others
    *I’m reliable and dependable
    *I’m logical and rational
    *I’m pretty calm and easygoing most of the time

Things I like about myself:
    *All the above strengths
    *My intellectual curiosity
    *I’m open-minded and tolerant of peoples’ differences
    *I’m willing to try most things once (as long as my or others’ safety isn’t threatened)

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    *Oftentimes I have a vision in mind of something I’d like to achieve but I need help figuring out the practical steps and the right people to talk to in order to make it happen

*I need help in smoothing over potentially awkward social encounters. Sometimes I’m not confident in what the best thing to say is. An example would be with confronting difficult people. I either come on too strong and just make the other person more upset or avoid the person all together. Other people seem to know just exactly what to say and how to say it and positively influence them. I seem to lack that skill.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, common causes are career stagnation. I want new opportunities in my career for personal growth and development and it’s not happening in my current job and I’m having trouble landing a comparable job elsewhere. Reaction is one of frustration and discouragement.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Most like and get along best with: Kind and considerate, intelligent, open minded and tolerant, reliable and dependable, good sense of humor, open to trying new things, shares similar interests

Most dislike and get along least with: People with qualities opposite of the above

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I like it and I feel good when it happens but I’m not obsessed about it like many people are. I can go long periods of time without being in a romantic relationship or having sex and still feel satisfied with my life. I am SX last in the enneagram stacking.

For qualities I want in my partner, everything listed in question #15. To that I’d also add someone whom I can be comfortable sharing my deepest thoughts and feelings with, someone who gives me a lot of space and isn’t too clingy, someone who is good at handling money, and someone who sees me as an equal and willing to go beyond traditional gender roles.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would be concerned about the physical and psychological well-being of my child. There would be a reasonable balance between protecting the child from harm and allowing independence and learning from mistakes. I want the child to have good self-esteem and I would encourage the child to follow his/her own interests and passions.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly, I’d be a mix of shocked, upset/offended, and puzzled. Reaction varies depending on how personal the issue or how strong I feel about it.

I’d try my best to hide anger and upset and ask the person questions as to why they believe what they do. Try to get my friend to listen to my point of view if possible.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I’m just one person out of 7+ billion people. I doubt I make much difference to society at large. I still try to make a positive impact though and achieve something meaningful, even if it’s on a small scale like the local community or the workplace.

As a whole, I think people are basically good even though they sometimes make dumb or immoral decisions.

A prevalent social problem would be intolerance towards human differences. Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    Friends are people who like me for who I am and don’t pressure to change me. They are people I can act comfortably around.

Many of the friends I’ve met were through shared interests- for example friends I’ve met on personality forums or in my gaming group.

I’m shy and guarded at first around new people. Then once I get to know them better I loosen up a bit and become more talkative, more silly, more trusting, share more of myself.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    Somewhat shy and guarded but still try to appear approachable and friendly.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Everyone else is doing it, so I will too" = Fe valuing, the desire to be a part of the pack. Putting your trust in group that you support or identify with.

My two cents.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is love?
    Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me no more.
    Lol
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

too many emoticons surrounding the profile for Ti base and Fe-suggestive --- just a coldish observation. I couldn't even read the whole thread, mea culpa. nothing personal and definitely NTR.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    "Everyone else is doing it, so I will too" = Fe valuing, the desire to be a part of the pack. Putting your trust in group that you support or identify with.

My two cents.
    Did you even bother to read the rest of the questionnaire?

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read your whole post most of your responses make me want to you. You are very sensible individual.

I agree LII is most likely your type.
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    too many emoticons surrounding the profile for Ti base and Fe-suggestive --- just a coldish observation. I couldn't even read the whole thread, mea culpa. nothing personal and definitely NTR.
    What do you mean by NTR?

I found the following definition from UrbanDictionary.com but I don't think that's right:

NTR
    Japanese acronym for Netorare, used to define a genre of Eroge (Hentai Game), meaning "Cuckold". In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh how deeply touching, 2 allegedly Enneagram 5_ NT _ I_Thinkers hugging around.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    What do you mean by NTR?

I found the following definition from UrbanDictionary.com but I don't think that's right:

NTR
    Japanese acronym for Netorare, used to define a genre of Eroge (Hentai Game), meaning "Cuckold". In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.
    lol I guess your type of humor worked on someone who's ESE and they even showed a degree of cuteness and goodwill. Maybe Socionics is not totally wrong.