Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 9w1 vs. 9w8 question

  1. #1
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 9w1 vs. 9w8 question

    Somewhere, I think, I read that one way to tell 9w1 from 9w8 is that when things go wrong, 9w1 will say that they messed up, and 9w8 will say something outside of themselves messed up (circumstances, the environment etc.). But I do not know where I saw this. I thought here on 16t somewhere. Does anyone know?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  2. #2
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    9w1s will often have a certain best friend / teacher's pet vibe, more accommodating to the situations they find themselves in. 9w8s are perhaps more interpersonally aloof by comparison, more bent on doing their own thing and not letting the outside world bog them down in trivialities.

    Good comparison between a w1 and w8 respectively:



    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  3. #3
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,024
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I relate to what you said about 9w8 more.

    I think 9w1 usually has more indignant/judgmental anger, while 9w8 has more violent anger. The former's more self-critical. Like if a 9w1 has an outburst, they're probably more likely to feel apologetic or a sense that they 'shouldn't' have done it, or if they don't feel guilty try to justify it. Whereas a 9w8 would probably just move on, although it's not always that clear-cut.
    Last edited by suedehead; 12-05-2014 at 02:08 AM.

  4. #4
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    9w1s will often have a certain best friend / teacher's pet vibe, more accommodating to the situations they find themselves in. 9w8s are perhaps more interpersonally aloof by comparison, more bent on doing their own thing and not letting the outside world bog them down in trivialities.

    Good comparison between a w1 and w8 respectively:



    That is so cool that Nick Hofferman is a 9w8 because I really like him! I like to watch him on Parks and recreation and watch all his scenes closely. Do you think he is SLI-Si?? Do you have any ideas what Socionics type is Amy Poehler's Leslie Knope? I sometimes wonder if it isn't IEE-Fi!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  5. #5
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    That is so cool that Nick Hofferman is a 9w8 because I really like him! I like to watch him on Parks and recreation and watch all his scenes closely. Do you think he is SLI-Si??
    I lot of people seem to assume SLI for him, but I'm undecided between either SXI.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  6. #6
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I lot of people seem to assume SLI for him, but I'm undecided between either SXI.
    Oh, so that woudl be SEI. Hmm. Seems more dry, like, I do not see the soft warmth of SEI, in the face. Thought there is a certain softness to the SLI face. But SEI has such a mildness.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  7. #7
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Oh, so that woudl be SEI. Hmm. Seems more dry, like, I do not see the soft warmth of SEI, in the face. Thought there is a certain softness to the SLI face. But SEI has such a mildness.
    I think what I'm seeing is not so much a softness as an awareness of his social surroundings, particularly in that Conan interview. He doesn't say much, but he's clearly aware of how he's coming off to the audience and knows how to play with it. That could just as easily be some So-first shenanigans at play though.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  8. #8
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,789
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Somewhere, I think, I read that one way to tell 9w1 from 9w8 is that when things go wrong, 9w1 will say that they messed up, and 9w8 will say something outside of themselves messed up (circumstances, the environment etc.). But I do not know where I saw this. I thought here on 16t somewhere. Does anyone know?
    I don't recall seeing those profiles, but by this conceptualization of how ego boundaries are maintained by each type it might be onto something, with pt.1 collapsing onto itself exercising self-control and pt.8 pushing outwardly to control the environment. I've found that taking note of this externally expansive, boundary-rattling energy is a good method to distinguish core and wing-8s from other similar types.



    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...neagram-Triads

    In features and presentation the 9w8s have something darkish and raider-like about them, while 9w1s look more unassuming and prim (my small collection 9w1 vs 9w8).

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I relate to what you said about 9w8 more.

    I think 9w1 usually has more indignant/judgmental anger, while 9w8 has more violent anger. The former's more self-critical. Like if a 9w1 has an outburst, they're probably more likely to feel apologetic or a sense that they 'shouldn't' have done it, or if they don't feel guilty try to justify it. Whereas a 9w8 would probably just move on, although it's not always that clear-cut.

  10. #10
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps this is a natural distinction due to an extroversion vs. introversion plus a 9 focus?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •