Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Nelly Kim Furtado

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nelly Kim Furtado

Nelly Furtado: EIE-Fe

“ . . . Baby, don't believe it, oh, it's in your eyes / I can see the weakness / You don't have to hide / I can take you under, under my wing / 'Cause your voice gives me a song that I love to sing / Baby, they’ll build you up only to tear you down / Don't give up / Baby, don't believe it, baby, don't believe it /Baby, they’ll build you up only to tear you down / Baby, don't believe it, baby, don't believe it / Oh, it's good for nothing . . . Put your heart in my hands and I won't hurt you / Put your heart in my hands, I promise not to / Put your heart in my hands, I'll lift you up, you'll fly away / Fly away, lift you up / I'll never build you up only to tear you down / Don't give up / Baby, don't believe it, oh, it's good for nothing . . . I'll never build you up only to tear you down / Baby, just believe it, baby just believe it, oh it's good for something / I'll never build you up only to tear you down / Oh, it's good for nothing / Oh, I love you the way you are.”

“It's getting so lonely inside this bed / Don't know if I should lick my wounds or say woe is me instead / And there's an aching inside my head / It's telling me, ‘You’re better off alone’ . . . I say follow me, follow me, follow me down, down, down, down ‘til you see all my dreams / Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems // I looked above the other day / ‘Cause I think I'm good and ready for a change / I live my life by the moon / If it's high, play it low; if it's harvest, go slow; and if it's full, then go . . . I'm searching for things that I just cannot see / Why don't you, don't you, don't you come and be with me? / I pretend to be cool with me, want to believe/That I can do it on my own without my heart on my sleeve / I'm running, I'm running, catch up with me life / Where is the love that I'm looking to find? / It's all in me, can't you see, why can't you, why can't you see it's all in me . . . Where is your logic? / Who do you need? / Where can you turn in your delicate time of need? / Follow me down, follow me down, down, down; I do not need, I do not need nobody . . . Where is your logic? / Who do you need? / Where can you turn . . . ?”

“Talking to the mirror again, but it's not listening / I'm cleaning my dirty mind like a toilet, but it won't give in / I'm drinking spirits in the hopes that I will find myself one / All I can rectify is that the party's just begun . . . I feel like falling asleep and never waking up / It's not that my glass is empty, but I need another cup / When all of the doors around me just shut one by one / I feel like falling asleep, but the party's just begun . . . Shaky, shaky steps in the middle of the day / A fire in my path and a cool decay / Of limbs and tooth under my skin / Oh, freedom, where do I begin? / I'm changing my inflection and how I say the words / Maybe it will sound like something they've never heard / Oh, the death of the party / I picked up the chalice of malice/And drank till I was full, I drank till I was full . . . You can't unfake the very fake / You cannot fuel without a tank . . . Party's just begun . . .”

" . . . [Assume I'm Russian because of my name] / Shove away my [(75%) Romanian] ethnicity / Burn every notion that I may have a flame inside to fight/And say just what is on my mind/Without offending your might / ‘Cause this life is too short to live it just for you / But when you feel so powerless, what are you gonna do? / So say what you want . . . Hey you, the one, the one outside, are you ever gonna get in, get in? / Hey you, the one that don’t fit in, how ya, how ya gonna get in? / Hey you, the one outside, are you ever gonna get in with your broken teeth, broken jaw, broken mojo? / Yeah, this life is too short to live it just for you / But when you feel so powerless, what are you gonna do? . . .”
    “Must get that Capel street library book renewed or they’ll write to
    Kearney, my garantor. Reincarnation: that’s the word.

— Some people believe, he said, that we go on living in another body
    after death, that we lived before. They call it reincarnation. That we all lived
    before on the earth thousands of years ago or some other planet. They say we
    have forgotten it. Some say they remember their past lives.

The sluggish cream wound curdling spirals through her tea. Better remind
    her of the word: metempsychosis. An example would be better.”

—from Ulysses by James Joyce

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she's already been granted a holy thread here.

She ain't Fe. I type her LSI-Ti or SLI.

Not a huge fan of her music, but there's smth. magnetizing in her look .... E 1w2 sx/sp perhaps ...?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh lol I read Hero's whole post afterwards.

why does it seem that everything he posts has to turn into an echo of his personal "tragedy", god be with him.