Thread: Possible enneagram-socionics correlations

Default Possible enneagram-socionics correlations

I'm sure there are already a dozen threads like this, but I don't think this angle has been covered yet

Basically in enneagram each type forms around the loss of perception of a particular "holy idea", it is a blind spot. Perhaps this correlates with the ignoring function in socionics:

1 Holy Perfection - Ti ignoring (LSE, LIE)
    2 Holy Will - Se ignoring (SEI, SLI)
    3 Holy Hope- Ne ignoring (IEI, ILI)
    4 Holy Origin - Fe ignoring (EII, ESI)
    5 Holy Omniscience - Te ignoring (LSI, LII)
    6 Holy Faith - Si ignoring (SLE, SEE)
    7 Holy Plan - Ni ignoring (ILE, IEE)
    8 Holy Truth - Fi ignoring (ESE, EIE)

The 9th holy idea is Holy Love and is said to be the loss of basic trust, the foundation of the ego. So this particular holy idea could be common to all types, without a distinct socionics equivalent.

Bringing the ignoring function into consciousness in socionics causes one to grow, this would be the same as integrating to your security point in enneagram.

so an EIE for example grows when they become conscious of their ethical attitudes (Fi), rather than letting them run on instinct, intregrating from enneagram 8 to 2

Perhaps the role function develops to compensate for the loss of perception of the holy idea (which is not really lost, only fallen into unconsciousness)

So for example an EII, having lost perception of holy origin (Fe - that everything comes from the same "stuff") compensates with Holy Truth (Ti), having confidence in the order of things.

ILE compensates for the lost perception of a holy plan (Ni), with holy will (Se), having confidence in the natural actions/will of forms

IEI compensates for the lost perception of holy hope (Ne) with Holy faith (Si), having confidence in the essential stability of things

LSI compensates for the loss of holy omniscience (Te) with holy truth (Fi), having confidence in the underlying unity of all things

etc.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 12-01-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    hahaha yeah i'll admit its basically mumbo jumbo but id appreciate feedback anyway

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Omg, I'm sorry, but what is this nonsense. Was it you that made that sex thread also ?

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Omg, I'm sorry, but what is this nonsense. Was it you that made that sex thread also ?
    yes that was me ok ok nothing here or in most of my threads is based in fact, i am just playing with ideas take them as you wish

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    yes that was me ok ok nothing here or in most of my threads is based in fact, i am just playing with ideas take them as you wish

I'm sorry for shooting your idea down. I like your enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm sorry for shooting your idea down. I like your enthusiasm
    no harm done

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics are Enneagram are different systems that analyze the human psyche on very different levels. They derive their conclusions based on almost entirely disparate criteria, and there can never be any clean-cut overlap between the two. There's no need to make these correlations, a system of binaries cannot be divisible by a triad-based categorization scheme. And that's okay.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default enneagram and socionics have tons of ways to combine

Peak areas:

INTx: 5w6, 1w9 (introtim, fully detached ego block; weakest assertive triad influence)

Rarest areas:

introtim: 7/8 (strongest assertive triad influence, weakest attachment triad influence)
    extrotim: 4/5 (strongest withdrawn triad influence, weakest attachment triad influence)

LIE: 1/2 (democratic/narrative/rational/logical/extrotim; strongest compliant triad influence, weakest head triad influence)
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)