Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rules

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Rules

    Which types set them?
    Whicb type follow them?
    Which type don't but expect others to abide by them?

    Me: I don't set rules and external boundaries. Obviously being the dual of an authoritarian LSE I follow rules and external boundaries easily (forgetfulness will be caused by my stresses but I will resume when reminded and will defy them if the rules negates human emotional sensitivity and strives to repress the individuals emotional concerns, which isn't often).

  2. #2
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Me im all like, dont be a dick. You know the rules.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm all like "you know I'm hurt and upset yet you want me to shut up. I'll show you how that's going to go." Then I take those rules and run a machete over them. Well that's how you know that someone cares about you anyway. They'll recognize that and be sensitive with regard to it and treat you better.

  4. #4
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti types seem to like rules. It simplifies their world and allows them to make order out of it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Everyone follows rules. Ti producing types tweak the rules continuously to varying degrees.
    Ti accepting types don't change the rules, but follow only those which don't contradict their previous rules.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 12-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.

  6. #6
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    never gave a shit about rules

    it you read some actual gulenko profiles of intj it'll say intjs characteristically ignore rules that don't suit them, so this isn't even canon socionics.

  7. #7
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default quick and dirty

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Which types set them?
    Beta ST (narrative +T)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Which type follow them?
    variable

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Which type don't but expect others to abide by them?
    dickheads

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Me: I don't set rules and external boundaries. Obviously being the dual of an authoritarian LSE I follow rules and external boundaries easily (forgetfulness will be caused by my stresses but I will resume when reminded and will defy them if the rules negates human emotional sensitivity and strives to repress the individuals emotional concerns, which isn't often).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm all like "you know I'm hurt and upset yet you want me to shut up. I'll show you how that's going to go." Then I take those rules and run a machete over them. Well that's how you know that someone cares about you anyway. They'll recognize that and be sensitive with regard to it and treat you better.
    narrative +F working with asking +T in Delta

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's no need for rules unless you start playing up

  9. #9
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,478
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You'll have to define what you mean by rules. Almost everyone follows the implicit rules of interaction in face to face settings among a circle of acquaintances. Almost everyone ignores wider, impersonal laws when it's to their advantage, and these can only be enforced through force or gradual resignation.

    In general, it's easier to control people through fear of ostracism than threat of violence. That's why the most sophisticated advertising and propaganda methods were developed in the freest societies.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  10. #10
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    In general, it's easier to control people through fear of ostracism than threat of violence. That's why the most sophisticated advertising and propaganda methods were developed in the freest societies.
    You seem to be one of the few people understanding that; at least that political-correctness is of the same tier and used in the exact same purpose as enforcement (not just violence, but any kind of punishment).

    I think though that sensibilities to ostracization better propagate in societies with lesser individualism, just the rest should not necessarily be totalitarian. There may be there truly free people, IMO, just the society needs a very high average intelligence (and this state might not even be stable). Let us compare the USA with the Netherlands, for example.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •