Thread: Member questionnaire (Bl1nd)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member questionnaire (Bl1nd)

First of all I'd like to say that English is not my main language so there will probably be some misspellings or badly constructed sentences below but I hope everything makes sense.

What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty: the quality of being pleasant at the moment of perception.
    Love: a level of affection high enough to make someone sacrifice things he considers very important in order to benefit the loved one.

What are your most important values?
    - Critical thinking
    - Anti-authoritarianism
    - Meriting intelligence
    - Progression

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't have any spiritual or religious belief in the traditional sense. However, I find some kind of spirituality in the search for human and individual transcendence.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is the cause of our incompetence as human species and should be outgrown. However, in the current context most nations need armed forces to assure their security.

Power is the capacity to make the actions of others follow your will. It is a desirable goal but it should be obtained by merit, never by violent dominance.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    The universe, metaphysics, morality, sociology and criminology, biology and evolution, psychology, technology and almost everything that isn't mundane.

Why: I am very curious and I love meaningful conversation.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm interested in the human biology as a system so yes, I like medicine and health as a conversation topic.

I try to take care of my body. I've worked out in the past and I try to eat healthy but I'm pretty lazy anyway. I can get self-concious if I see my body as too skinny, overweight or ugly.

What do you think of daily chores?
    Very frustrating. Should be automatized. I skip them until their avoidance becomes an imminent problem.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Films: Kubrick's filmography, Bladerunner, The Godfather trilogy, Watership Down, Akira, Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs, Taxi Driver...
    Books: Mainly classics of western philosophy and science/technical books. Some novels I liked are 1984, Brave new world, Sherlock Holmes' books or Justine (Sade).

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I haven't cried since I was a child. I find it humiliating.
    The anticipation of having fun, solving problems and optimistic ideas make me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Wherever I am surrounded by intelligent and open-minded people. Also when I take psychedelics.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People who dislike me say I am very combative or just weird. I actually like being unorthodox but the thing I really hate about myself is not being able to stick to the infinite number of projects I've started. More weaknesses that other people have pointed out are not being roguish enough or being too proud.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intelligence, skill, reasoning, etc. I like my curioity, my reasoning and my problem solving skills.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    In improving my networking and soft skills.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. I've felt miserable in the 2 jobs I've been so far as a software developer (I'm 22). Having a boss around and having to perform uninteresting mental tasks have been a torture for me. My reaction has been to leave both jobs when I couldn't stand that any more.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like open-minded, warm and interesting people.
    I dislike orthodox, stubborn, extremely down to earth and authoritarian people.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I'm not very interested in romance. Sex, on the other hand, is a very important part of my life.
    I like my partner to be sexually open and satisfying, trustworthy and intelligent.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Stimulating his curiosity. Also teaching him moral principles but not leting him being inculcated any ideology. I'd try to expose him to interesting ideas and experiences.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward: If he can give solid arguments I will respect him. Otherwise I guess I would look down on him.
    Outward: Shut up/ignore it or, if I find the claim very annoying, confront him.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I like being social. However, I usually don't get along with the average person so I end up being very selective with my friends.
    I see society as a mechanism made of a big number of bad, unworthy people but some extremely valuable others.
    I consider conformity and the lack of critical individualistic thinking prevalent social problems.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    As I said, I like open-minded, warm and interesting people. I behave the best I can around my friends, trying to be pleasant and reliable. I expect the same from them. With close relationships I open much more than I would with the other people I interact with.

How do you behave around strangers?
    In a respectful and amiable way until they stop behaving in the same way.

Wow this took much long than what I expected. Thanks for reading this long!

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

A serious thinker. Te ego most likely.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post some pictures, then get involved with some discussions around the forums, when you interact rather than answer some questions which could mean anything, people will soon be giving you types left right and centre.

I like open-minded, warm and interesting people.
    I dislike orthodox, stubborn, extremely down to earth and authoritarian people.
    Would you say you are down to earth then? Or stubborn etc

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Love: a level of affection high enough to make someone sacrifice things he considers very important in order to benefit the loved ones.

How so? How do you measure it? What do you do when that level of affection is not high enough? Why do you make such an implicit distinction between love and affection?

What are your most important values?
    - Critical thinking
    - Anti-authoritarianism
    - Meriting intelligence
    - Progression

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is the cause of our incompetence as human species and should be outgrown. However, in the current context most nations need armed forces to assure their security.

Power is the capacity to make the actions of others follow your will. It is a desirable goal but it should be obtained by merit, never by violent dominance.

From the last part I suppose Te type. Possibly LIE?

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward: If he can give solid arguments I will respect him. Otherwise I guess I would look down on him.
    Outward: Shut up/ignore it or, if I find the claim very annoying, confront him.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I like being social. However, I usually don't get along with the average person so I end up being very selective with my friends.
    I see society as a mechanism made of a big number of bad, unworthy people but some extremely valuable others.
    I consider conformity and the lack of critical individualistic thinking prevalent social problems.

It all sounds NT.

*** I agree with the suggestion above btw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to get involved in the forums, I just made my account yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Would you say you are down to earth then? Or stubborn etc
    I believe I am neither down to earth nor authoritarian nor orthodox. I can be a bit stubborn because I like to do things my way. It's not that I dislike people that do things in their own way. What I meant was that I don't like close-minded people that don't consider new ideas outside their mental framework.

How so? How do you measure it? What do you do when that level of affection is not high enough? Why do you make such an implicit distinction between love and affection?
    I don't think it can be measured. As I said, I consider love to be a high level of affection, like dark gray to gray. When does gray become dark gray? It's difficult to say: Is a gray above 50% brightness already dark gray? maybe 75%? It's arbitrary.

What do I do when the level of affection is not high enough... Then I just don't love that person, which doesn't mean that I don't value that person or that I won't sacrifice things for him. For example I love my brother but I don't love my friend Alex. Do I enjoy Alex company? yes. Do I look out for him? yes. I just don't consider our relation to be love and I wouldn't, for example, give my life for him.

The reason I make such an explicit distinction between love and affection is because everybody around me keeps talking about love all the time and gives it a lot of importance. I had to come up with a way to describe that concept and for me it seemed logical that love is a step beyond affection.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some Te type....lots of boxes leve ls restrictions and requirements
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Some Te type....lots of boxes leve ls restrictions and requirements
    I guess It could be but regarding the boxes, levels and so on maybe the fact that I just finished my engineering degree is distorting my language. I do hate restrictions tough, I am a complete libertarian. I also want to point out that I LOVE literature and art, not everything has to go through my logic filter.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bl1nd View Post
    I guess It could be but regarding the boxes, levels and so on maybe the fact that I just finished my engineering degree is distorting my language. I do hate restrictions tough, I am a complete libertarian. I also want to point out that I LOVE literature and art, not everything has to go through my logic filter.
    Don't worry, there are human science profiles who are logical and engineers who are ethicals.
    A few things that you shared made me think of an LIE I know IRL.

Did you analyze yourself a bit, which type would you identify yourself with?
    ps also logical types enjoy literature and music too. And they even have feelings
    Last edited by Persephone; 11-29-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    Did you analyze yourself a bit, which type would you identify yourself with?
    I made some of those MBTI tests and I always get INTP. Also almost all the information I have read regarding INTPs (ILI right?) fits really well. Things like how I hate authority, how I need to go over the same mental processes again and again until I have every piece figured out, how commitment freaks me out, how social activities deplete my energy, how I create an inside model of how everything works, etc.

One of the traits that shocked me the most was being an excessive ammount of time inside my mind. I'm always daydreaming and playing inside my inner world. My CEO could be talking to me about what are we going to do this month or how I have to perform a very important task and as soon as I lose interest (a couple of seconds) I start to zone out and start thinking about the strangest of things while nodding and saying: "I understand".

But then again half the internet claims to be INTP, right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I made some of those MBTI tests and I always get INTP. Also almost all the information I have read regarding INTPs (ILI right?) fits really well. Things like how I hate authority, how I need to go over the same mental processes again and again until I have every piece figured out, how commitment freaks me out, how social activities deplete my energy, how I create an inside model of how everything works, etc.

One of the traits that shocked me the most was being an excessive ammount of time inside my mind. I'm always daydreaming and playing inside my inner world. My CEO could be talking to me about what are we going to do this month or how I have to perform a very important task and as soon as I lose interest (a couple of seconds) I start to zone out and start thinking about the strangest of things while nodding and saying: "I understand".

yes but why first and second? and INTp aren't the only types that daydream inside their mind. Actually because of the nature of Se and Se valuing INTp tend to want to pay attention and plan things in the immediate reality and keep track of events as Se is a function that is processes information in real and immediate time. With so much Sensory data the reason why they need someone with Ni base is to manage their time, hence Ni is relationship with events in time. So do you see yourself managing and prioritizing other people's time almost on a consistent basis?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Don't confuse MBTI with socionics to start
    INTP there is INTj or LII here.
    ILI or INTp = Losely INTJ in MBTI.
    Also functions are sometimes different.
    You have people who are ENTJ in MBTI and SLI in socionics.
    Introversion in socionics does not always match with psychological introversion.
    There are very quiet persons spending time in their heads who are actually more driven by objects and thus are extroverts.
    You need to throw out everything you know and take a fresh look at typology..

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@bl1nd If you consistently get INTP in tests then your type can't be far off INTp in socionics. maybe give or take a letter...unless you are really not understanding yourself when you take these tests/or have taken so many that you select which answers you think will influence the result.

You may as well be ILI then see what happens.

Edit: You will find a there is a certain amount of hoo haa about socionics being like MBTI or being nothing like it or should not be compared at all, well of course it is sort of similar. Differences are that socionics offers something more on the molecular level, eg a logical fit, but if you read type descriptions then MBTI and socionics look like they are talking about the same types.