Thread: Extraversion/Introversion

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extraversion/Introversion

So I was pondering about "the socionics definition" of the extrovert/introvert dichotomy. A lot of people apply different interpretations and understanding of the two modes. I don't really like to use this dichotomy in general - because of these different interpretations, but I was googling around, hoping to find an official socionics definition of it.
    In English, all I found was things like "my take on Socionics extraversion." No real, official, differentiation or explanation, OR even confirmation of it being the same as the contemporary, non-socionics understanding of the terms.
    So then I translated my search words into Russian and found an in-depth article of Gulenko's about extraversion and introversion and how it manifests in different areas of life. Here's the google translated version of the article. After reading it, I'd be very curious to know if you relate to the description of either the intravert or extravert, as corresponding to your sociotype.
    source

Gulenko VV Extraversion - Introversion

One of the four dichotomous Jung used to identify the individual personality types (see. Article sotsiotip ). Manifested at all levels of communicative space (see. Article Communicative space ): physical, psychological, social and intellectual.

1. Physical Layer

Extraverted type is a system that produces more energy and information than the stores. Therefore extrovert differs in that typically spends more effort than is necessary to achieve some kind of middle ground. In general, extroverted style of behavior and work can be described as active, but expensive.
    Introverted type is a system that stores more energy and information than outputs. Therefore, an introvert is usually less than the average force is applied to achieve a fixed result. Of course, to do the same amount of work as an extrovert, introvert need more time. Introverted style of behavior and work, therefore, can be called passive, but economical.
    Due to the fact that an extrovert tends to do more than they should, he needs to be held back, braked. Extroverted intensity information exchange makes it fertile, but nedolgozhivuschim, as it often breaks down - sick, admits overdose overestimate their chances.
    Due to the fact that introverts tend to do less than is necessary to achieve the optimum effect it is necessary to push to intensify. But restraint does introvert frugal owner, carefully related to its resources. His quiet style safeguard its existence from the extremes, resulting in an introvert less prolific, but live longer. Stormy and intense life "whole hog" - not an introvert, as it does not leave any reserve forces, without which he can not imagine himself.

2. Psychological level

An extrovert is directed outward, is a man of open type. Therefore, it tends to action, psychological activity. Without feedback around it loses orientation can not process the information. Surrounding extrovert easier to understand than himself. He seems to be disconnected from himself, evaluates himself through other people.
    Introvert same to himself fused, but a clear boundary separated from the outside world. Herself to him much easier to understand than others. Introvert capable of safely do without feedback from others, because it is valuable for himself. Introvert psychologically better protected from intrusion than an extrovert, but it is much more difficult to influence someone in a positive and a negative context.
    An extrovert involuntarily seeks to adapt other for themselves. It changes people, "educate" them, imposes its rules. On itself it is very difficult to influence. Therefore, the problem of self-improvement for extroverts more searing than for introverts. When extrovert turns inward, that is trying to introverted, he runs into serious complications, as acting against their natural setting.
    Introvert rather he will adapt to others, which will be actively trying to remake their own way. Introvert lives by the rule "a stranger monastery with its charter, not walk," so it does not interfere in the psychological world of other people. Attempts extroverted, actively influence the circumstances for an introvert destructive - lead to overheating, equivalent to the destruction of the innate personality structure. We obtained an introvert self-improvement, he successfully working on personal growth - in this way it solves the problem of personal independence.
    I draw your attention to the erroneous interpretation of extroverts as sociable merry and introverts as sullen hermit. Such extremes in life are rare, and the task sotsiodiagnostiki - vertnosti identify any individual. I recommend more complex cases to guide the extent to which a person stands out from the others. If it is very unsociable, defiantly stands apart - is convincing evidence of its extraversion, as only an extrovert is not afraid to openly oppose itself to others. Introvert, on the contrary, tends to not stand out in any one nor the other way. But this is a transition to the next level.

3. Social level

An extrovert in society differs expansion, expansive trend. He always pronounced introvert, has a greater impact on social development. Led organizations extrovert, grow, invade foreign territory, opening more and more new branches. An extrovert in most cases prefer to compete and capture the development and improvement of the existing one.
    Introvert expansion carries bad. Its trend of development - deepening and improving already existing. Introvert - reclaiming it, not the conqueror. He prefers to avoid competition, if possible. Foreign territories and spheres of influence he is interested enough. Since it is always easier to negotiate. In makrosotsiume introvert barely noticeable. His organization grow poorly, but constantly improve its structure and working methods.
    Extrovert face "syndrome of big business," as this phenomenon obozachil famous Japanese entrepreneur Kudzuma Tateisi - ugly-hypertrophied development of the upper echelon of the organization, accompanied by loss of control over internal processes. The abundance of extraverted types in the first stages of business - justified phenomenon. But as the conquest of the major markets more acutely needed entrepreneurs introverted type who hold in their hands a small business.
    Introvert is facing closure in its own limits, insensitivity to new ideas. Example introverted management of society - Stalin's policy of "Iron Curtain", long Exclude soviet empire of the world community. Introvert rely more on their own resources, as has always reserve accumulation. Introverted tendency to deepen and moderation leads at their absolute or to re-regulation, cuts all the extrovert attempts to stand out, to deviate from the norm.
    Small nations who fear assimilation, fighting for their autonomy, for this reason, it is recommended to appoint to senior positions introverts. Only be able to economically dispose of an introvert meager reserves, which are usually a nation. An extrovert will still pursue a policy of "open doors" that nationalists are not welcome or seizure of the disputed territories, which inevitably leads to the escalation of local wars and ethnic conflicts.

4. Intellectual level

Extroverted introvert different from intellectually large amounts of information being processed. An extrovert always thinking on a larger scale: for one and the same time he misses more information, ie its intellectual speed higher than that of an introvert.
    Introvert thinks slower speed infoobmena him below. Cognitive interests introvert always more local and limited. But the introvert is considering in more detail information, its information product for this reason always "cooked" with great quality.
    On intellectual tests of general ability extroverted introverts usually ahead in the same reasons: limited time for their execution puts an extrovert in a more advantageous position, as its speed infoobmena above. If the tests are constructed in such a way that the tasks were more detailed and does not limit the time that the test results would be exactly the opposite and more IQ would introverts.
    An extrovert tendencies according to the expansion of their cognitive interests is more likely to make a scientific revolution, famous in history. The fact that the largest discoveries are always at the junction of the information areas and the wider range of interests of the individual, the more likely, all other things being equal, that he will find new patterns. This applies not only to science, but also in all industries activities. If you make a list of great people whose ideas or discoveries quickly took over the world, among them, without a doubt, most are extroverts.
    Introverted thoughts and discoveries harder to reach their lovers, as they are more complex extraverted, and the author can not afford their expansive spread. In addition introverts just as narrow researchers rarely invade the border areas, so their chances to find something unexpected also reduced.
    As an example of this is the very Jungian personality typology, the author of which was an introvert. Distribution of Jung's typology despite its extreme usefulness went and goes to work. Ekstravertnye raids on it do not end with success because of that it is very complex and little understood even professional psychologists. This is evidenced by at least the fact that of all the signs they took Jung's introversion-extraversion only, and then only in the narrowed interpretation.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And you think a machine (poorly translated) article will help?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sounds very much like Jung
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html