Thread: Which do you find more important?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which do you find more important?

As a delta, which is more preferable:

A work environment with colleagues who value your base and demonstrative, or one which valued your creative and mobilising?

For example, for me (SLI) an Alpha environment with valued Si/Ti or a Gamma environment with valued Te/Fi.

For EII it'd be Gamma (Fi/Ni) or Alpha (Ne/Si)

For IEE it'd be Alpha (Ne/Fe) or Gamma (Fi/Te)

And for LSE it'd be Gamma (Te/Se) or Alpha (Si/Ne)
    Last edited by Waster; 11-24-2014 at 06:23 PM.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Interesting. I would get tired of using my creative so I say my base
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Base and demonstrative, probably.
    Though there's a draw to base and mobilising, I think the mobilising might be too weak to not lead to stress while being evaluated on it.
    Base would make it easy and fun.
    Demonstrative might be a bit annoying to have to consciously attend to, though.

Edited to add:
    Ugh, nvm, I reread and it's the environment values you are referring to, not the job itself.
    In that case, most likely creative and mobilising.
    If it was dual seeking and demonstrative, possibly that.
    But given the choices I would prefer Te/Fi valuing rather than Ti/Fe valuing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited my OP for clarity.

I feel like it would naturally divide depending on which subtype you are. But the possibility has presented itself to me and I'm not so sure.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Edited my OP for clarity.

I feel like it would naturally divide depending on which subtype you are. But the possibility has presented itself to me and I'm not so sure.
    Yeah, i think the demonstrative really throws in the twist. It's something you are just as strong in as your base, but having to consciously focus on it while also having to set aside not just one value but two values can create conflict. You would have to ignore your creative in order to support the demonstrative. But if you were to be natural, your focus on your creative/mobilising would cause conflict with those who think it's the wrong thing to consider.

But then, Myself, I would wind up in conflict with gamma's Se/Ni valuers anyways. Or be totally stressed.

And i didn't even cover the polr part that would also be valued with the demonstrative.

i don't envy this decision you have to make. Good luck.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think in a work environment I prefer qualities like is willing to help, doesn't leave shit for me to do, rather than what function is it....so your answer depends on the personality and the nature of the job among many things. I don't get what function they are supposed to like this is irrelevant if people are adult enough to have a degree of tolerance and work together.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know if I have base, or if I am demonstrative... I am not mobilizing. I need someone else to mobilize me, but what I need the most for feeling good is being creative. If the work is too strict and doesn't allow me to do stuff of my own way and develop my own approach, I feel so limited and pushed down. I don't think i'd ever really like a job without any creative element, that would be a prison for me, not a job.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vain View Post
    I don't really know if I have base, or if I am demonstrative... I am not mobilizing. I need someone else to mobilize me, but what I need the most for feeling good is being creative. If the work is too strict and doesn't allow me to do stuff of my own way and develop my own approach, I feel so limited and pushed down. I don't think i'd ever really like a job without any creative element, that would be a prison for me, not a job.
    Fyi, if you are EII then
    Your base (1) is Fi.
    Your demonstrative (8) is Ni.
    Your mobilizing (6) is Si.
    And your creative (2) is Ne.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esq View Post
    Conversations, discussing ideas, creative fantasizing, bullshitting, and brainstorming - these are more fun with ppl who share .

Being productive, getting a job done, optimizing systems, talking about ethics, and talking about problems, solutions, and methods - these are more tolerable with people who share .

Alpha and Gamma are both compromises.
    This is definitely the best take on the OPs question, imo.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I think in a work environment I prefer qualities like is willing to help, doesn't leave shit for me to do, rather than what function is it....so your answer depends on the personality and the nature of the job among many things. I don't get what function they are supposed to like this is irrelevant if people are adult enough to have a degree of tolerance and work together.
    Sure, but all things being equal.. hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    i don't envy this decision you have to make. Good luck.
    I appreciate your concern, but the situation isn't that dire.

Both situations are tolerable, and indeed enjoyable.

- Stellaris

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, well, i suck at making decisions. One could almost say most decisions are dire to me

Which job activities would you be doing?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, well, i suck at making decisions. One could almost say most decisions are dire to me

Which job activities would you be doing?
    Same job, different place of work.

It's retail, so till, stock and the like. We operate as a two person team, so inter-type relations play a more important role then say, a large retail outlet.

- Stellaris

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that makes sense.
    Have you tried deciding on one, and then seeing how you feel about that, then doing the same for the other?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that makes sense.
    Have you tried deciding on one, and then seeing how you feel about that, then doing the same for the other?
    I'm quite ambivalent about it to be honest. I wouldn't mind either, one would just be closer but gamma led. I get on with both, it just got me thinking about the OP.

- Stellaris

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd pick Te/Fi concerning work for sure - At least with the persons I know.

Leisure time I can enjoy both.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

As far as things go I usually use Ne to recognize my duals creative output and to give recognition and praise for it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If their dont value my creative, they value my polr.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually better off working with alphas when we're moving towards a common goal, although both are ultimately fine. Expectations in behavior sync up much easier. Gammas are easier for bonding intellectually and emotionally, but it usually happens best when we're just sitting down and hashing things out verbally. Palling around with gamma types leads to some weird internal disconnect, like I have to alter the way I perceive the world somehow in order for us to communicate properly.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Base for me too. Alpha.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer a work environment, or being with people in general who share creative ne. We can potentially connect, and bounce ideas around based on that premise. I know you can't always pick and choose the personalities of the people you work with. More often than not, I've found myself working under/with people valuing different elements. Now, there's a lot you can learn, but the element of connection is sometimes lost. It's a given it's going to be a professional relationship, but it's nice to find a kindred spirit in the workplace. I do like people who are encouraging, and helpful in the work environment, who are able to see my strengths.

I believe in my old job, there was someone who had ne somewhere higher up in her stack. I'd peg her as IEE-fi and we got along really well. Mobilizing is a second option, while not my strongest area, I do strongly admire/value that and get on well with people who are strong and healthy in that area. In my current work environment, I don't think I have anyone who share my creative, but I think the closest is at least one or two people who are proficient in the mobilizing area.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative. That's how I get my job done anyways.