・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8
    Last edited by yeves; 10-29-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

soc-e7

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SX-7 - Poets of the Fall 'Diamonds for Tears'

TIM
    iee - (7w6 or 4w3)sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by The Snow Leopard; 02-08-2017 at 08:51 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

/sigh

TIM
    iee - (7w6 or 4w3)sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another "Waking Life" example, this one e7 (sx/sp?)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm SCREAMIIIIIINGGGGG THIS IS AWESOME

7w8 ILE

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General 7

Well, it's coming down like rain again
    I'd rather be out with my friends
    I'm gonna put my jacket on
    Walk right off your poison tone

"Wally, you're in denial"
    "I'm comfortable with that"

7w6 specifically

One trick
    Ahead of disaster
    They're quick
    But I'm much faster

7w8 specifically

Every day you fight

Like you’re
    Running out of time
    Like you’re
    Running out of time
    Are you
    Running out of time?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Self-pres 7

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

7w6 + social instinct

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

something 7-ish

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6

Life is so sweet when you take it light
    Nothing can go wrong when the sun is bright
    That reminds me that I barely passed lifeguard school
    That's why that kid almost died in that pool
    That's a bad thought

also applies to 9s and 2s to a lesser extent
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sevens – Unconscious Negative Motivators & Keys to Change
    - Tom Condon

"Sevens may be motivated to change for a variety of reasons, among them: boredom, feedback from others, problems with commitment, weight loss or substance abuse, problems with impulse control, because they are worried negative future consequences or because life is good and they want to make it better. Some Sevens arrive in therapy as “mandated clients”, ordered to do so by an outside agency for their uncontrollable behavior, or, say, want to quit drinking after an arrest for drunken driving. The world clamps down on them and the motivation is external, but possibly still sufficient. Other Sevens intuitively begin to feel that they are borrowing from the future, accumulating a kind of “pain debt,” recognizing that short term gains sometimes lead to long-term pain and future regrets.

NLP distinguishes between people who are motivated to go towards a positive outcome versus others who are negatively motivated, by something they want to get away from. Most Sevens believe they are only positively motivated and when healthy, they actually are. More entranced Sevens, however, are motivated by both but are often unconscious of the negative motivation. Sevens who know themselves well or who are depressed beyond their capacity to deny it, may recognize their mixture of motives.

This distinction is relevant because a Seven client may unconsciously fear loss of function and feel trapped if they believe that their lifestyle will be crimped by a problem. So they may make a change because they unconsciously fear a greater limitation. One Seven, for example, heard about a friend – a wine dealer – who was told by his doctor that he could never drink again. The thought of such a sweeping limitation so frightened the Seven that he began taking better care of himself.
    Another unconscious negative motivator: Most Sevens fear they are inadequate and unconsciously compare themselves to others. This creates a “worse than/better than” subtext in the back of their minds. A Seven can feel inferior to someone whom they admire and then defensively act superior towards someone else to even the balance. Coaches can stress the value of changing as a source of adequacy and competence.

Generally good goals for change are: discovering a path of joy that incorporates pain. Learning to face facts in both their positive and negative aspects instead of compulsively making the best of things. Becoming a whole person, well-rounded, a true renaissance person. Learning to live at the center of your wheel.

Sevens need to learn to identify triggers that lead to feeling confined, insecure or afraid and then attend to them sooner rather than later. Developing the emotional freedom to be able to choose discipline rather than unconsciously setting it up as a jail and then breaking out of it. They claim the power to self-confine, instead of pushing it away and feeling like its victim; discovering the discipline that makes true freedom possible. They also need to learn good sense about what to commit to as well as learn how to inch up to the painful, dark side of their experience and find the power to manage it without running away.

Therapists and coaches working with Sevens may need to watch for too- quick progress and faltering motivation. While a Seven client may be motivated enough to come to therapy she may still try to keep one foot out the door or argue that her problem is not really a problem. A Seven could also be seeking pain control techniques – hypnotic and otherwise – hoping to shortcut the therapeutic process and control their pain just as they do in daily life.

Since motivation is at issue, you may need to explore a Seven client’s reasons for being in therapy and then later remind the client of them during hesitant moments. After finding a motivational button you can push, you might push it more often than you would with other clients. The idea is to keep the Seven remembering why she is in your office and what’s at stake.

Practitioners can use a Seven’s reframing to their own advantage by helping the Seven clients address any painful issues a little bit at a time and avoid diving in head first. Keep it light stimulating and don’t get discouraged if the Seven jumps around a lot. Avoid being preachy or giving too much advice as the Sevens can react badly to a Oneish tonality. Anecdotes, metaphors and stories can be an especially effective tool for communicating with the Seven client.

Some, and occasionally all, of the work in therapy will be in getting a Seven client ready to face the possible pain of changing. After the Seven has honestly and successfully wrestled with that prospect, the actual changework often happens quickly. Sevens are quick learners and can require surprisingly minimal interventions. After a long “pre therapy,” suddenly its over.

NLP, hypnosis, Brief Therapy and other approaches have reputations for being fast, painless and effective. But, most Sevens generally need to settle into their experience, to learn how to endure themselves, to face their fears or learn how to, at least, sample their pain.

If you’re drilling for water it’s better to dig one 60-foot well than 10 six-foot wells. Sevens often benefit from taking time to ruminate, to interiorize, be alone, and identify their fears. While long-term classic psychoanalysis has gone out of fashion in favor of faster, more tangibly effective types of therapy, several Sevens have told me that they benefitted from the consistency and inward focus of both Freudian and Jungian analysis. Therapists with no affinity for these practices might still take a cue and structure their work with Seven clients so that the pace is steady. You might also think about homework assignments that require consistency. Sevens can be easy trance subjects, responsive to guided imagery and fantasy exercises, from which they may report powerful fascinating experiences. But, a Seven client could, however, have a strong experience in your presence that ultimately doesn’t leave a mark on their problem; or seems to lead to other changes but not the one the Seven came to therapy for. The question is whether the experience sticks, whether the Seven actually changes. Not all change is progress anymore than all movement is necessarily forward.

Sevens usually have a different relationship to authority than Sixes. While Sixes romanticize or fear authority, Sevens are more ambivalent, less intimidated and usually avoid overt power struggles. It might be good to equalize your relationship with a Seven client, for example, by asking questions that presuppose your equality: “What can we do about this problem?” This will lessen the Seven’s desire to charm or distract you. Positively reframing a Seven’s pain is like offering cookies to the Cookie Monster; you simply play into their defense. It is more important to teach them how to stay with their pain, to delay their escape. Otherwise therapy stays mental, from the neck up, without touching the Seven’s feelings. The Seven pattern of self-jailing and escaping is almost always rooted in locked up, unconscious emotions.

It is good to chunk problems down and focus on a few things. It’s better to have a list of four things to work on as opposed to forty. It also helps some Sevens to recognize that they are borrowing from the future, accumulating a kind of pain debt. Short term gains sometimes lead to long-term pain and future regrets. If the Seven can become aware of the fact it may motivate them to work on themselves now.

Some Sevens go to therapy unconsciously expecting to be plunged into overwhelming pain. A therapist may need to divine and address this expectation and reassure the Seven that the point of dredging up any unpleasant feelings is to make them manageable. Since the Seven’s basic defense is specifically designed to avoid intense, bottomless pain that the Seven feels helpless to resolve, its best to avoid having therapy mimic the very thing that the client’s defenses are designed to avoid. If you plunge a Seven client into a long-forgotten memory that will fit their expectation and they won’t come back.

One Seven jokingly described therapy as “open heart surgery, performed an hour a week.” This is a good way to think about the rhythms of changework for this style. The general goal is to acknowledge pain but to chew through it in bite-sized pieces bearable pieces. The general idea is to take them into their pain a little and then bring them out, possibly teaching them skills to cope with their pain or just helping them learn that it is endurable."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon for Hire (7w6)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contra-flow 7w8 (beta)

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sassy 7w8

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Sassy 7w8

This is exactly me.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rabbi Alon Anava - 7w8 "seducer" sx/sp - it's interesting how the anger of the 8-wing comes through in his voice

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8, 378 sx/so

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it doesn't get any more 'idealist triad' and 'head triad' than this lol

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

I do this all the time!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx 7

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i dunno, a lot of my life is "not now"

i don't feel like i'm missing out i feel like i've got a good perspective that's often lacking which is to consider things in their fullness in time and not their immediate ramifications only

a lot of Tolle's preaching comes off as self talk to an inferior Se type who needs to get more into the world, which is true, some of the time, but he is overgeneralizing here

no one misses their whole life because even if they "miss it" that is still their life, I feel like its judgmental to presume otherwise... and its entirely probable they have their own idea on what you're missing too!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

Lol. I do this quite often.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

This is Tom Condons Fine Distinctions 7 subtypes descriptions.

I think they are lacking because a persons stacking makes a big difference and a sp/sx and an sp/so have big differences.. I know one 7 well (so/sx) and I thought I'd highlight whats true for them (in the soc 7 description)

Subtypes

Self Preservation Sevens
    • Self-Preservation Sevens are confusing since they tend to be highly sociable and gravitate toward groups like Social Subtypes do. Specialize
    in “chosen family” in that they tend to create a network of people around them.
    • They enjoy sharing on a circuit of interesting or like-minded people. Other people are a source of information and stimulation; interested in the latest gossip and everyone’s news.

• To the Seven, the group is a comforting barricade against the dangers of the outside world, a bulwark against an infringing universe.
    • Can be loyal, if slightly detached, friends; protective towards those within their inner circle and good about staying in touch.

• Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes; can enjoy bargains, sales or getting something for nothing.
    • Equally well-versed in and fascinated by a large variety of subjects. May lack depth but have a breadth of knowledge.
    • Tend to depersonalize, talk in abstract or intellectual terms and don’t explicitly toot their own horn.
    • This subtype is associated with the cliche of the “party animal,” compulsive socializers who want to enjoy perpetual good times.
    • In NLP terms, Self-Preservation Sevens are “activity-oriented.” Sharing activity with others is a way to make contact or to avoid personal intimacy. • Can use people for stimulation and drop them when they stop being exciting.
    • Some fear being alone and will use others as a protection against solitude.
    • More likely to have an unconscious self-image of being abandoned, uncared for or left to their own devices. Abandon others out of fear of being abandoned.
    • Can live beyond their means and be chronically in debt; self-induced cycles of bounty and scarcity.
    • Could equate being disciplined and financially successful with being dull and stodgy. The Seven rebels by staying “free” (i.e. irresponsible and broke).

Intimate Sevens
    • Intimate Sevens tend to have rich imaginations and are exceptionally creative.
    • They embellish reality with fantasy; see daily life through a veil of imagination.

• Often think and communicate in stories.
    • Can see intimate relationships as shared experimental adventures.
    • Avid learners who are open to adventure and new experience.
    • Dreamers in the best and worst sense of the word.
    • Intimate Sevens tend to be suggestible and can be swayed in their positions and opinions.
    • Trend spotters who seek the new with the enthusiasm of a faddist; they filter reality through fantasy and the fantasy is what they purchase.
    • Sevens with this subtype are often more explicitly narcissistic. They tend to personalize their experiences, talk more about themselves and use the word “I” more than other subtypes.
    • Can be tentative about commitments and have a wandering eye.
    • May romanticize people outside their primary relationship as a way to avoid the limits and boredom of mundane life with the same old someone. • Can be more involved with their fantasy of their partner than with the real person.
    • Intimate Sevens can easily move from relationship to relationship searching for the right person or an “all time high.”
    • Sexual freebooters; Don Juan and Don Juaness patterns are possible.
    • Some report having high expectations of their fantasized partner and being easily disillusioned.
    • aware of putting too much pressure on the relationship.
    • Some intimate Sevens do stay in long term relationships. They may be interested in the mysteries and vagaries of love as well as genuinely love their partner.

Social Sevens
    • Healthy Social Sevens are notably steady, practical and accountable to others.
    • This subtype brings Sevens more conscience and follow-through.
    When extraverted, they can enjoy social celebrations, fine wine and good food, storytelling, jokes, and travel, all with an obvious gusto. - Because they are sp-last they dont care about food, like at all.

• They can be unusually grounded and faithful in their responsibilities. They are relatively at ease with their commitments and are often stable and generous.
    • They are sometimes motivated by idealism, serving something beyond themselves. This subtype can have a stronger connection to One.

• Protective of group members; want every member to have a good time. If someone causes trouble for the group, a Social Seven may react with a flash of temper against the interloper or troublemaker.
    Can be generous, protective friends.

• Feel torn between their duty to others and a desire to escape.
    • Tend to feel codependently responsible for people close to them but experience that as a confining burden.
    • Can be highly irresponsible, overpromise and underdeliver.
    A number of Social Sevens are firstborns or come from a large family where they were given a lot of responsibility and little guidance.
    • Others recall having to compensate for codependent or unstable parents.
    • Social Sevens sometimes resemble Sixes, because of their dutiful quality and their propensity for feeling guilty.
    • Social Sevens with an Eight wing tend to rebel against their sense of burden and can sometimes act terse and angry toward those they feel burdened by.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast