Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Enneagram type 9: all things Nine

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Helena Vondrackova

Last edited by Sol; 01-24-2018 at 05:37 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.insightfulinnovations.com...ication-styles

Enneagram Communication Styles - Type 9
    Talk Style: Peacemaking, agreeable, complacent, stubborn, saga-telling, passive (aggressive), noncommittal, receptive.

Energy: Peaceful, grounded yet spacey, detached, open, sleepy, slow, vacant, doormat.

Image Statement: I am peaceful; I am calm; I am easy; I am drama free; I am uncomplicated. Nines want to be seen as easygoing and peaceful and may deny problems or negative emotions to cover over secret feelings of anxiety or anger.

Conflict Style: Passive aggressive, stubborn, pacifying, occasionally explosive, sleepy, unaffected, clueless. Nines are triggered by feeling internal chaos or being unable to escape negative feelings or emotions. They may go to sleep to the problem or suddenly become angry and belligerent like Eights or scolding like Ones only to calm down soon after.

Conflict Resolution: Don’t attack aggressively or take a blaming tone, they will tune you out. Try to acknowledge that they want to find a point of agreement between the two of you. 9s will be afraid of your anger and may become stubborn or withdraw when you begin to show your anger. Assure them that your anger doesn’t mean that you don’t like/love them anymore (unless of course you don’t) but that it’s important to resolve this issue.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Hope Sandoval (the writer and singer) sx/sp or sp/sx 9w1 946
    Last edited by maniac; 02-03-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tela View Post
    Very SP 9.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

e9 with some valued self-pres

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

4 (IEI?) vs. 9 a few good points here

"... I'm a 4, I try to go full-boar with everything, kind of like you said about 2s. Because of Fe I still feel like I have to be involved in everything yet I hold myself to a high standard too becasue of my 4ishness not being interested in just the appearances of something, wanting the max depth and meaning which sometimes is like squeezing blood out of a rock. I feel like as 4, I definitely need to tone down my energy output. But 9s?

When I see 9s and the way they view the world I think, "hah, it would be so easy if life were actually this simple." I do see 9s as being very distracted people but then it comes off to me that if a low energy level is going into each activity then the output of energy is still low. There is an apparent lack of passion and along with it a lack of contradictions, and a lack of stress. May just be how it looks on the surface and like you say actually a lot of energy is coming out underneath that. I feel like 9s are the type to live long lives though... however depending on their health level sometimes progressively lonelier ones.

I do think learning to choose is the key point, regardless. We seem to agree on that. That has always been my wish for 9s as well. I guess it runs counter to my advice to myself, being choosy doesn't get me anywhere because really I see the common thread in everything and I need to embrace it more regardless. With 9s, I feel like 9s are much more about the actual surface of it but, these are Te 9s I'm more used to so don't hold me to that assumption.

Because I think that's what the merging is, taking on the surface and the appearances and the "notion" without much consideration to the meaning. I feel like 9s are the types who are the least concerned with meaning. Or maybe rather, the least beholden to it. Even FJ 9s, I feel like they will do activities very SKILLFULLY but not necessarily meaningfully. Anyway, meaning is a central theme here.

But this issue of "forcing" participation is a curious one. I always pegged 9s as being more "suggested into" things as opposed to forcing themselves. I guess I feel like forcing oneself requires a conscious experience of dissonance and 9s of all types seem to have the weakest access to their dissonance. To force oneself to do something in my mind requires knowing that it's not important to you whereas the struggle for 9s is to know in the first place whether something is or isn't important to them. So they say, "maybe" it's important. They don't strike me as being in denial of their anger or in opposition to their anger so much as they are disconnected and displaced from it (via all the numbing, and numbing is a deliberate indulgence in meaninglessness to escape the meaningful.)

Actually you know what, I have my own personal theory that 9s actually do in principle WANT to merge and do idealize the notion of merging, because the whole purpose of merging is to look for and foster the passion in others as a defence against embodying passion within the self. So they are instinctively drawn to merging. However what 9s end up confronting is the fact that they are not authentically interested in the passions of others that don't happen to align with their own passions. They believe they are interested but their body and heart do not reflect that belief. YES, the anger is there and I guess this is all a debate of whether that anger is actually a strong anger all the time or whether that anger is proportional to the thing that triggers it. Even though I feel the buried emotions in 9s It never feels like it's "here and now." Are you saying you have to suppress all of your anger in any "merging" circumstance? Because I could kind of actually see that when I think about it. I've always felt really sensitive about making any demands of 9s and at times felt like the apparent dissatisfaction with those demands was pretty disproportional to the demand itself. Is it really so all or nothing?

So anyway maybe the force comes from trying to approach all others' passions from essentially a point of false neutrality? Forcing yourself as a rule to merge with passions that do not actually reflect your own agenda, in order to defend against the knowledge that you have an agenda and actually only want to merge with certain ones? Because choosing whose passions to merge with would be identical to choosing your own passion in the first place and that would bring up the core anxiety.

By far, my biggest struggle with 9s has been the mirage of support. When 9s are supportive towards me I am keenly aware that that support is only really intended for when I'm embodying whatever is actually important to them. It is not truly a support of my passion but a support of me as a vessel for their passion. 9s are drawn to the reflection of their inner selves in another, but dependency on the other to have contact with that is a trap because if it's about the other then you become invested in the parts of others that you aren't interested in alongside the ones that you are.

I can get frustrated with 9s as they act like they are supporting me yet only showing a favorable response to me when it's about those things that I know that they actually are personally interested in. They will claim it's not just that even though I feel that it is. I think healthier 9s would not idealize so much the merging process and essentially the "bonds of proximity" in their lives like family or coworkers or etc. It's the habitual idealization of everyone in general as a whole that makes it hard for 9s to actually go on to choose what they like or dislike in others. Their body knows the difference, but their conscious mind doesn't.

Essentially I think I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you here just trying to make sense of it and add my rambling into the conversation. Sorry lol."

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 9w8

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 9w1

*********** 21-04-19:

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

lol

Younger brother: D00d I wanna join the military I'd go all out
    Older brother: Actually I think [chryssie] would somehow be better fit for the military than you
    Me: Um definitely not
    Older brother: I just think that if anyone can do anything they're told without asking a question or saying a word in defiance, it'd be you.
    Me: Oh.... are you sure that's even a good reason? Isn't that how the holocaust happened? People doing what they are told without question?
    Older bro: Well luckily for you, WW2 won't happen twice.
    Me: *Phew*

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

guessing this guy is a 9 sp/sx the strong sx-subtype (Eli Jaxson-Bear)

Last edited by silke; 03-13-2018 at 05:29 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

Heard him say he's an 8 actually. I was in disbelief but yeah well he's the teacher, so. 8w9 is probable I think if we go by that. My own first impression of all his tapes was 7.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Heard him say he's an 8 actually. I was in disbelief but yeah well he's the teacher, so. 8w9 is probable I think if we go by that. My own first impression of all his tapes was 7.
    ah that's interesting. I tried finding some info on his enneagram but he doesn't seem to be that well-known. He felt something gut triad and maybe Ne-creative, some similar way of presenting as Eckhart Tolle.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ah that's interesting. I tried finding some info on his enneagram but he doesn't seem to be that well-known. He felt something gut triad and maybe Ne-creative, some similar way of presenting as Eckhart Tolle.
    Same, just through his books. Definitely intuitive, I thought EIE-Ni perhaps, though you're right about his presentation style. Tolle tones it down more though, with Jaxon-Bear it's much more lighthearted and fun.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart won't die, though I really tried
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

wont stop posting her here cause shes so 9w1

shes either 962 or 964 i dunno

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

sp/sx 9w8

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never, even, know... I'm there
    I hope I haven't taken up too much of your time.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

E-9 + base Fi type

Tarot card "Queen of Cups"
    The essence of water, such as a deep and placid lake: Spirituality, maturity, and grace. A natural counselor and healer, One whose relaxed presence seems to embody deep love and spirituality. A tranquil poet who reflects the nature of the observer. The embrace of all things dreamlike and receptive, such as perfect and unconditional love.

This person rarely can evaluate the situation objectively. The one who pretended to be good - has a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of the person's credulity. The one who did not have any malicious intent, but could not tactfully express his thought, will become the enemy. (link) It's about high thinking conformism leaded much by emotions even in surface relations.

Also some relation to "Page of Cups".
    Last edited by Sol; 05-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

jeff buckley - sx/so 9w1

946? 947?
    Last edited by maniac; 03-03-2018 at 06:04 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Self-pres 954

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

w8

so/sp maybe

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by Sol; 03-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    lmfao. w.t.h.

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you familair with his wife, Gangaji?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Are you familair with his wife, Gangaji?
    unfamiliar with her, the day I posted his videos was the first day I heard about him, why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfamiliar with her, the day I posted his videos was the first day I heard about him, why?
    She is very languid and soft spoken and that seemed somehow relevent to Eli and e9. That could just be something particular to Eli.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    She is very languid and soft spoken and that seemed somehow relevent to Eli and e9. That could just be something particular to Eli.
    oh I remember now he had her talk about her experiences in the type 4 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5IWs66488&t=13m

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast