Thread: LSIs bombing out on Craig Ferguson's show

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default LSIs bombing out on Craig Ferguson's show

Craig Ferguson is a bit of a quirky interviewer, which is probably going to put a couple of people off-side, which I always find amusing to see, because I find Hollywood tremendously fake and polished. I've known about Amanda Peet having several bad bombs on the show, but I coincidentally found a Zooey Deschanel interview and got curious to see how it went. Badly, it seemed. Then I wondered if it was just women that had problems with the interviewing style, but remembered that Lena Headey has done several interviews and they all went quite smoothly, despite all the twists and turns of Ferguson's interview style.

Without further ado, here are the videos coupled with some brief observations. Observe for yourself the trainwrecks:

Amanda Peet has to be the worst of the lot. She seems to completely lack the polish, and she's a huge fan of the show, so it's almost heartbreaking to see it go so badly for her. Ferguson tries to smooth it up here and there, before throwing out a joke that she doesn't get or can't go along with and restarts the awkwardness.

Zooey Deschanel has a similar run to Peet, but not quite so rough. You can see the incompatible senses of humour at work here.

Wahlberg seems to dislike him off the bat, but tries to get down to the practical details and be helpful, but Ferguson keeps trying to make things less formal and have a bit of a goofy laugh with him. Seems like they both say inappropriate things at times, but each time, the other one will sort of react badly in a judgemental way to the other (albeit jokingly at times), even though they've both made faux pas, which I find interesting.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's really irritating.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o my gawd. Peet. she is so goofy... it's like she has nothing interesting to say so she plays it up entirely too much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is "bombing out"...?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting supervised lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh ok lol

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Peet and him were great together, though she seems a little drunk, maybe it's a natural high from being on a show she likes. Still, I didn't think it went badly, I thought it was beautiful entertainment..

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was painful to watch, especially Peet. I couldn't get through the whole thing, I felt so bad for her. It just seemed like the more she tried, the worse it got. Aaaaakward.